What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

post your SCROG and LST plant pics

Germanator

VinDiesel- Yeah the second pic is of a plant that was just LST'd from clone for about 3 1/2 weeks before being flowered.

Nice pics everyone

Germ

HeresTheDank

does anyone do this in hydro? i had mine tied down in my dwc buckets that i change dinto but it seems the starter cube kind of goes over with it.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I'm doing the DWC thing. If you'll check the bottom image you'll see that Wilma's net pot is slightly pulled up to one side. She doesn't care. This can be avoided by first tying the main stem opposite the direction you train to. This puts the strain on the first tie rather than the pot.

Just for funsies, the "top" of the plant is circled in red.

G

Here is some LST i did on a bagseed grown in a pc

I had some root prolems and had to cut it early and re-veg it

some shots of my girls under a 400 watt CMH open air setup in 3 gallon pots
soil: promix for potting cut with coarse perlite, EWC and lime
nutrients: Botanicare PBP GRO+BLOOM, Liquid Karma, grandma's robust molasses
tap water is used and I bubble it over night before using. I was bubbling my nutrient mixtures and getting good results but then stopped and just began adding the nutrients a few hours before using and shaking very well here and there in that time before watering and got the same results so I no longer bother to aerate the mix any longer.
techniques employed: LST as well as topping once at the 5th internode, no real pruning has been done either I did pinch the main stem once on each plant during veg.
1000546-49nqegoto.jpeg

1000543-49nqflnzj.jpeg

1000542-49nqg37wz.jpeg

1000541-49nqhrg09.jpeg

1000557-49nqielsk.jpeg

1000554-49nqjttm7.jpeg

1000551-49nqm8drj.jpeg

1000550-49nqn42dt.jpeg

1000549-49nqpgx0j.jpeg

1000548-49nqpvaw4.jpeg

Dr Seuss

Here are my little AKs tied down two different way. The larger around the side of a pot like a circle, the smaller across the pot like a bow.

They both only stand 5"

G

guest101

You dont have to limitate yourself to SCROG or LST plain and simple.
Ive tried LST with a lot of tops and found "energies" to be kinda distributed, so now im trying cropped plants with 4 tops each...

Week 6, HPS 250...
03bq3.jpg

:wave:

vindiesel

Veteran
damn frank, that looks silly! so u are just cropping now? what do u mean cropping w/ 4 tops each? explain please...

HeresTheDank

that looks nice, i ended up untying mine for now. they're nice bushes but would it be beneficial to tie them down again aroudn flowering time?

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Keeping the top low will stimulate growth in the rest of the plant. The main shoot sends a message to "Get behind me and stay there" and the rest of the plant obeys. Make the top the lowest plart of the plant and the signal gets lost or ignored and every shoot will insist that it's the big bud.

vindiesel

Veteran
so to crop u just pinch off top stem...? if so when...? i guess sometime before flowering but when.... i plan on switching to flowering at somewhere between 14-18"....

G

guest101

vindiesel said:
damn frank, that looks silly! so u are just cropping now? what do u mean cropping w/ 4 tops each? explain please...

Hey man!
When they were in veg and had 4 steams well defined on the bottom, i just cuted the rest of the plant and focus on that 4 tops.
:wave:

vindiesel

Veteran
so what do u do to first start crop...? just pinch off main stem...?

august west, nice scrog!

Latest posts

Latest posts