What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post your Reviews of Romulan Genetics, Romulan BX1

Dankdad64

Nice they look pretty good for being random autoflowers, still can’t help but think something else happened. My Bx1 are still in veg but doing well. I’ll have to post some pics soon or start a new thread.
What else could of happened?

Attachments

• PXL_20240329_012319216.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240329_012319216.MP.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20240329_012945727.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240329_012945727.MP.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 43

Abdthi1966

Premium user
What else could have happened?
A few different options; something chemical may have triggered the plants in the nutrients, lighting schedule(but you already confirmed that was fine) lastly, possibly some pollen touched some Bx1 stock and your working some hybrid of Bx1. It’s all just speculation but either way they look great

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Nice ,forgive me but what is SInai ?

No worries lol you cant be familiar with every strain. RSC Sinai is Real seed company a landrace type from Egypt know for its rose scents. As well as it’s split in chemo types as it comes out 50/50 broad leave vs narrow leaf with THC and CBD levels to match. I’m looking for a nice Sativa leaning male to cross with the Bx1

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Where would you suggest to buy some Sinai seed's from ?
The real seed company is the company that I referenced with (RSC) and they have a website where you can buy them. I actually might kill them all but one female though. I am potentially introducing some federal Romulan stock and that would be a far more importnat project that would forcefully boot out the sinais. (Lol if you’re near Portland you can have them).
It’s worth noting that the federals line is what most people are actually familiar with when the name Romulan comes up, unless you’re Canadian.

Federal took the original clone and crossed it to a white rhino so the populations are indica leaning. However, crossing this back to the BX1 which is related in a distant way, would make for a killer pedigree.

Dankdad64

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'm In Ohio or Id take you up on that. Even tho my Romulan is budding when it wasn't supposed to, I'm a newbie and I'm thrilled to death with it. Do you think his Romscotti would be worth getting? It being released in a week or so.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'm In Ohio or Id take you up on that. Even tho my Romulan is budding when it wasn't supposed to, I'm a newbie and I'm thrilled to death with it. Do you think his Romscotti would be worth getting? It being released in a week or so.
No I wouldn’t buy anything more he had, seriously…

If you look at the history of the matter Jake the owner of Romulan Genetics has only one thing going for him; an original Romulan clone that his dad and friends grew and some seeds. Anything that’s not Romulan is a pollen chuck. I grew one of there supposed best communion and it was subpar at best. The only thing worth buying was the Romulan. Don’t get taken in by flashy photos and big talk. His Romulan is good and worth exploring but in my opinion, most everything else is a marketing grab. He didn’t actually play any part in breeding the original Romulan, he only inherited it.

Last edited:

Dankdad64

No I wouldn’t buy anything more he had, seriously…

If you look at the history of the matter Jake the owner of Romulan Genetics has only one thing going for him; an original Romulan clone that his dad and friends grew and some seeds. Anything that’s not Romulan is a pollen chuck. I grew one of there supposed best communion and it was subpar at best. The only thing worth buying was the Romulan. Don’t get taken in by flashy photos and big talk. His Romulan is good and worth exploring but in my opinion, most everything else is a marketing grab. He didn’t actually play any part in breeding the original Romulan, he only inherited it.
I just saw video of him talking about Brothers Grimm,then saw a video by Brothers Grimm on space gueen....Jake wasn't mentioned so I started to piece it together. Jake replaced the Romulan and Brothers Grimm also replaced some....so I'll just grow my replacements .But ......I couldn't resist the Holyfield write up for sleep,and I found a pack for 75. This is my last purchase I'll get from him.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Thank you,I'll keep in touch for some of yours. It sounds very interesting.
It will be some if the most authentic Romulan you’ll ever come across. It will just take a while to complete the project and do it right. Lol I totally understand I was that with his communion, hopefully it lives up to his write up.

RobFromTX

Im not a fan of romulan but my buddy grew out their regular line a few years back when they first hit the scene and he loved it. He still raves about it. The breeder was on here for a bit, not sure hes still around though

need4weed

Veteran
Yeah, I grabbed packs of regs at the time, most hermied on me, I made seeds from every plant but ditched the ones from plants that showed hermy traits. I had one plant that was solid, absolute cracking smell, pine and 7up. People raved about it. He gave me a double pack of S1's for my trouble. Grew them out, different looking plants, had a more pepper smell once cured.

Dankdad64

It will be some if the most authentic Romulan you’ll ever come across. It will just take a while to complete the project and do it right. Lol I totally understand I was that with his communion, hopefully it lives up to his write up.
The Romulan that I have budding heavy on 18 hrs....would it bud harder on 12. It's my mutant Reg photo Romulan that started budding on 18?

420PyRoS

The Romulan that I have budding heavy on 18 hrs....would it bud harder on 12. It's my mutant Reg photo Romulan that started budding on 18?
Keep it on 18 if its budding. Dump that light on her.

You got an auto? I have only seen autos take 18+ hours and flower.

Odd