What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~POST YOUR PIECE~ BONG-BUBBLER-VAPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
HEY

I need some help from the people here who know about ROOR.. I just go my diffuser and bowl from EDIT, its 14.5 and 15.5 long.. Now it doesnt fit in my american bong... So Im going to buy a roor bong to fit the diffuser..

MY question is... When I order a Roor bong, say I get in the 18.8 joint size.. Will this 14.5 diffuser I have fit?? Or do I have to get the 14.5 option when I order??

Ive never had this problem with American bongs and diffusers. But I guess roor just is different.. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Original

HEY

I need some help from the people here who know about ROOR.. I just go my diffuser and bowl from EDIT, its 14.5 and 15.5 long.. Now it doesnt fit in my american bong... So Im going to buy a roor bong to fit the diffuser..

MY question is... When I order a Roor bong, say I get in the 18.8 joint size.. Will this 14.5 diffuser I have fit?? Or do I have to get the 14.5 option when I order??

Ive never had this problem with American bongs and diffusers. But I guess roor just is different.. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance.

the 14.5 diffuser you have will NOT fit an 18.8 bong, your going to have to choose a bong which supports 14.5 joint size and takes a down stem/ diffuser which is 15.5mm long. If it isn't listed on the product description then your best bet would be to email EDIT explaining the situation.

If you settle on a bong, make sure you email EDIT before hand asking if it is in stock, to avoid one painful, soul-destroying wait.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Awesome for the quick respone Original thanks alot... Well I figured that was the deal tho.. I guess I shouldnt of assumed that It would fit my bong... Either way I wrapped the joint in tape and she hits nicely... I even found a few 3.2mm ones that are 157$ an 200$ off edit...

Mr. Tony

Veteran
HEY

This isn't a "roor" thing. You'll encounter the problem with any tube you get that uses all glass on glass joints. they are ground to a specific size you you need to buy the exact one you bong takes.

since you have a roor diffuser that has 14mm joint you need a bong that uses 14mm joints. since it is 15.5 cm long you need a bong that will accept a diffuser of 15.5 cm in length. with those measurement you could use a german roor Lil sista bong

dude the whole point of buying a glass on glass bong is for it superior seal and ease of clean wrapping ti in tape totally defeats the purpose.

please don't buy a 3.2 just spend the little extra money your saving by growing your own and get 5mm.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Well I was just say Tony that since Ive got 3 different diffusers 1 in 14mm an 2 in 18mm. They all fit in my Manifest and in my homies Illadelph... No problem getting 14mm fitin in 18mm an vice versa soo I just assumed roor was the same way.. Trust me I know it sucks having to wrap it in tape, Im not dumb. Thanks for the info on the lil sista I was lookin at them... You say to not get the 3.2 but, its only 157 and the 5mm are 275.. Kind of a big difference.. My manifest bong is already 7mm and pretty much indestructable.. I plan on gettin a 7mm roor in the future I was getting these roor parts just to test the waters if you know what I mean.. This is the first roor shit Ive owned and I wanted to see how good roors work is...

Thanks for your help tony.. :joint:

C

CTSV

No more broken bongs?

No more broken bongs?

Fuck a 7mm RooR, my bong is stronger than steel!
Lightweight Metallic Glass Is Strong as Steel Eric Bland, Discovery News March 17, 2009 -- As anyone who lives too close to a baseball field knows, glass can be frustratingly fragile. But a new type of glass, made from opaque titanium and zirconium instead of transparent silicon, is harder and tougher -- and weighs less -- than stainless steel. The California scientists who developed and tested the opaque glass hope it could one day replace steel and aluminum in a wide variety of products, from golf clubs to airplanes. "The problem with most [types of] glass is that they have very bad fatigue resistance," meaning they break easily, said Maximilien Launey, a scientist at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, who, along with Douglas Hofmann, William Johnson, and Robert Ritchie, detail their new material in this week's issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. "What we've done is introduce a second phase that is able to improve the fatigue resistance by a factor of 10. Now it's as good as other high-strength alloys like steel," he said. All glass, including window glass and opaque metallic glass, lacks a uniform crystalline structure. Instead, the atoms are randomly grouped together, with lots of atoms in one area but relatively few in another. Those groups of atoms dovetail to create a strong, hard surface, but a vulnerable one -- even the tiniest cracks can grow enough to destroy the entire structure. By contract, crystalline structures are uniform, allowing groups of atoms to slide past one another with relative ease, which stops cracks from forming and spreading. The difference between crystalline and non-crystalline materials is like the difference between a stack of playing cards and a stack of rugs, said William Nix, a professor of material science at Stanford University who was not involved in the new research. Playing cards slide easily across one another, but the rough texture of the rugs grab a hold of each other, making it more difficult to slide them apart. To create the tough, metallic glass, the scientists first heat an alloy of half titanium and half zirconium to 800 degrees Celsius (1,472 degrees Fahrenheit) until it melts. The liquid metal is allowed to cool slowly for a minute or two, and then cooled very rapidly after that. By cooling slowly and then quickly, the scientists allowed tiny Christmas tree-like crystalline structures to grow through the metal. Rapidly cooling the rest of the metal maintains the glassy atomic structure. The crystalline structures stop any cracks that from moving more than two to five microns in length. The glass gives the material its strength, while the Christmas tree-structures give it toughness. In subsequent stress tests the 1 to 10-centimeter pieces of glass were dramatically tougher than any previous metallic glass, a full order of magnitude more resistant to breaking and stronger than steel. "This is a major accomplishment," said William Nix of Stanford University. "One big advantage [of the new glass] is that it can be cast right to shape. Just pour it into a mold, let it freeze, and you have properties that are comparable to high-strength steel right from the get-go." Since the alloy is titanium and zirconium instead of steel, it weighs significantly less than steel. It also melts at much lower temperatures than steel, making it easier and faster to produce. "We could make an airplane out of metallic glass," said Launey. "But the problem is always the same. Processing these materials is kind of expensive."

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
I dunno man, all the 'American' Diffusers I have all fit in any bong I have ever tried... Like 4or 5 different bongs.. Illadelph, Manifest and Weedstar... Thanks for the help yall. :joint:

RooR HeaD

MNP just sick nasty shit! prolly one of the only other blowers i see on lee and claw level those r my personal favorites! got a lee pieace need a claw and one day when 2 thousand bucks pops up ill get a big mnp!

http://www.glasspipes.org/Img175886_Big_ups_to_Escher_Img175886_DS.asp
http://www.glasspipes.org/Img99435_Lightning_Img99435_may_glass_0.asp
my personal fav mnp
http://www.glasspipes.org/Img112813_September_Storm_Img112813_sept.asp

Classic claw would love to get my hands on one of these!
http://www.glasspipes.org/Img99957_switchacello_2004_Img99957_DSC.asp

and here is some american roor claws for u american bong lover cant say i wouldnt mind one of these roor usas i would pay big money for one of these!

http://www.glasspipes.org/Img135358__Img135358_roor_group_020.jpg.asp

RooR HeaD

You can say what u want but ill make it easy for u my 35 cm hippy is heavyer then my buddys 45 cm straight roor usa tony so say what u want but ive had both bong in my hands at the same time and even my friend said it had more weight to it so their ya go.

but i still find it funny this slee guy talks all this knowledge and doesnt even have a single pieace of glass to post in A GLASSS THREAD!

ANY have a good one guys enjoy the mnp pics i always enjoy his work u find something new every single time on his big pieaces and the best part about his big ones r they r either a double or triple bub he is on a whole nother level when it comes to large pipes.

Toob

yeah put a 5 mm german and a 9mm us on a scale and watch yourself proved wrong please roor head lol. I got a german icemaster with german diffy ill take some pics of, along with a sick salt bowl and cowboy faceted bowl i needa take pics of also.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Yo roor guys..
On EDIT, why is the Green Goblin 209$ while the 5.0 lil sista is 269$... Theres not something Im missing right?? Cause Im bout go order the Green Goblin.. They both seem Identical except the logo......:joint:

Mr. Tony

Veteran
Because it's just a good deal. It's 5mm thick. I've considered ordering one fr awhile but they were always out of stock..... Not anymore I see....

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Na CTVS they are both 5mm.. As I figured, and what Tony said.. Its just a good deal.. Yeah they come in and out of stock quickly.. Ive been lookin at it for a little now. One of these days Ill scoop it up.. :joint:

SemperAltus

eh havent posted much in this thread in awhile so why not.

DSC_0101.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts