What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post your Greenhouse

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Not bad, went through a crazy hail and wind storm right after I put it up without being fazed, and I still havent staked it down. I plan on making a hoop greenhouse soon but this one seems sturdy enough. A lot more sturdy then I thought it would be for that price, only complaint is that the plastic is real clear so you can see right through it, might be better for light tho...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
awesome pic manitoid..i have a greenhouse on my to-do list now, first gotta find a nice flat property..
picture.php

Last year i used a GH i bought off ebay then added some shade-cloth to get better air flow as well as some other tweaks (in my photo album).

This year i found a roll of used chain-link fence and a bunch of 10' poles for free, they even gave me most of the connectors to finish the install. A friend gave me the gate so that much of my security addition was cheep. I decided to buy $200 worth of Solexx and welded up some conduit to build a roof. I like the new GH.

Madjag

Veteran
Before.....Next....In Between.....After?

Before.....Next....In Between.....After?

??????
?????

Last edited:

Zdub7k

Hey folks...This is my first greenhouse...bought the frame, poly, and ground cover, from a greenhouse company, then bought all the lumber and odds and ends from Home Depot. overall difficulty was about a 6/10 if you have a construction background..it was just labor intensive. We spent 3 days working to completely fi nish and transplant in 65 gal smartpots. The demensions of the GH are 20x60x13.5 at the center....we put two GH's right next to each other and put chain link inbetween the two facilities.

Zdub7k

I custom fab'd the roll up sides and cut hot air vent in the roof....I have two 32'' industrial fans that I plugged in, but they hardley made a difference. I have very good natural air flow through the greenhouse and so far havent needed fans, we'll keep em ready if we need em this fall tho. The girls are in a super soil with high phos and high nitro guano, bone meal, compost, bagged soiless coco based medium, and perlite. I mulched them with 3-6'' of straw and give em about 7 gals of R.O. water a day at this point...also put hortonova trellis on the plants for needed support in the fall...happy harvests!!!

phate

Veteran
Here is our 2 greenhouses. There is a carport conversion, and a hoophouse.

picture.php

picture.php

These are light dep of course! otherwise these plants wouldnt finish up here.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

phate

Veteran
here is some plants from inside. mostly permafrost, but there is a couple small black widows.
picture.php

picture.php

this last pic was taken with the old camera, so it is shittier quality, but you get the point :)
picture.php

al-k-mist

This is the one that still exists, but next years will bee better, I promise
This is, obviously , pics of light deprevation in progress. There arent many on this computer...will share more soon

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 26

Gruetoo

Love the whole concept. Tho I think I will put up a grow house. This way I can grow year round. Perhaps one day i can afford the light changing panels so I can have the best of both. Great thought provoking thread.

Gruetoo :plant grow:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
There are other ways of force flowering other than light deprivation in a greenhouse, the other side of the coin so to speak. One can semi-automate it and just has to flip a switch off to flower and flip a switch on to veg ;) And costs $50 once off and powers itself, covers a 10m sq area at least...I'll leave it to you to figure out the specifics haha hint: it's very easy. Some strains perform better in this situations than others and the winter yield is fluffier and much lighter but hey free smoke is free smoke and as an old madala (African old-timer) taught me once, there is no such thing as a season for dope and not season for dope...one smokes year round so there is just better and worse seasons.

There is actually quite a bit of room for playing around..True female skunk#1 lines do very well in this environment and I just finished smoking a skunk cross that was picked here now a week before summer solstice. No light deprivation and with other vegging plants in amongst tomatoes on the other side of the green house. It is not all about 12/12 in flower, but also with the ratio between day-length in veg to day-length in flower you can manipulate more out of 'season' than what most realize. Once also use the issues that plague outdoor growers putting cuts outside, rootboundness, water/N stress and as mentioned above the drop of light hours(not the net number thereof), that make stuff flower at the beginning of season when you don't want it to, to your advantage. One can use one or more of the techniques in combination or just let stuff grow from seed, it is all about threshholds. Believe me in the areas our cannabis comes from they grow the weed outdoors year round, they just have big crops and smaller crops, better grade and lower grade. The plants have survival mechanisms to make sure that the plant sex can happen irrespective of the time of the year if it has to. One can though as mentioned, in the buffered environment of a greenhouse, just take things further.

Last edited:

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Blueberry, those are swamp coolers...it is in the desert, so added humidity is a must--
Yes4, Yup!! Plenty of light--
Another plus side, is with the 12 foot solid walls, it gets light almost an hour later, and dark almost an hour earlier...great for force flowering--

If you are still following the thread; Did you use the white corrugated panels for the roof?

thats dope

Greenhouse: 20 ft x 60 ft x 13 ft

Greenhouse: 20 ft x 60 ft x 13 ft

Steel Frame Greenhouse Full of Michigan Medical Marijuana.

We had a mix of Julius Cesar, Headband, ChemDawg, PowerKush.

Everything was heavily coated with turpines and crystals.

The Smells were overwelming, like walking into a wall of dank!

No electricity, Fresh Air, & Pure Light. - thatsdope!

kolah

I grow in a small 10x12 greenhouse equipped with a fireplace, never did any indoor grows.

Some strains that did really well for me at 9400 ft with hot days, cold nights and short summers were:

Sensi's Afghani#1 (big yield and heavy sticky buds, easy to grow)

Bodhi Seeds Bubba Shine (Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine) a bit finicky but well worth it, big plants, fat and hollow stems (signature DJ short) and a nice blueberry flavor with a calm relaxing stone high.

Sensi's Superskunk: with the right organic soil mix, just water and watch.

Dinefems Power Kush : quick to ripen, small buds, small plants but packed with 100% indica power.

DJ's Vanilluna (Vanilla Moon): One of the most oddest looking MJ plants I have ever seen, lots of big fat purple stems and it's mutated craggy, crinkly leaves make this a great stealth plant. It finished late for me, was a small yeilder but had tight dense foxy buds. The high quality of this smoke was well worth it though. A nice eurphoric high and smooth tasting of vanilla and melon. Not a big yeilder and they didn't like the extreme cold temps tall that well (below 40 F)