What's new

post your dog or fav. dog breed

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
one of my best brood bitches was a Mountain cur/English hound (son of Raef's Dollar Bill).............Skeeter........this gyp proved herself one early morning when she struck a big bad boar coon......trailed it to a pond where she hit it like a freight train......the fight ended up in the pond where the coon prefers......as it balled up on her head trying to drown her... 'ol Skeeter was a sinking.......next thing ya know she surfaces in the coons stomach region with full bite as the coon still balled up on her head........she literally bites through this coon till done......................but her best attribute was the fact that she reproduced dogs of her caliber or better at a rate of 9/10 pups regardless of who bred to..............lost her few season ago...........

dawg on...............

have had hundreds of hunting dogs over the years and she ranks in top 10

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
This week, after another Hunter´s Sunday, not me i´m not an hunter, i´ve found this little fellow. A bit battered and scared and of course that against all better judgement i allow him to follow me home.
picture.php

He´s a Portuguese Pointer, Perdigueiro Português, and my guess is that he had his first hunting experience and it didn´t worked out for him. On those occasions some hunters just leave them behind when they run scared after the first shots.
Anyway he´s being well cared&fed and i´ve made all the possible arrangements for him to be found by his owners, if that´s the case, or adopted if i can find a decent home for him.
If nothing works out, i´ll have another rescued dog. Am i stupid or what?!?!

And btw this if one of my favourite dogs. Smart, gentle and very sociable.

MJBadger

Veteran
i´ve found this little fellow. A bit battered and scared and of course that against all better judgement i allow him to follow me home. If nothing works out, i´ll have another rescued dog. Am i stupid or what?!?!

No , you are the kind of person that deserves the companionship of a dog that needs it .

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This week, after another Hunter´s Sunday, not me i´m not an hunter, i´ve found this little fellow. A bit battered and scared and of course that against all better judgement i allow him to follow me home.
View Image

He´s a Portuguese Pointer, Perdigueiro Português, and my guess is that he had his first hunting experience and it didn´t worked out for him. On those occasions some hunters just leave them behind when they run scared after the first shots.
Anyway he´s being well cared&fed and i´ve made all the possible arrangements for him to be found by his owners, if that´s the case, or adopted if i can find a decent home for him.
If nothing works out, i´ll have another rescued dog. Am i stupid or what?!?!

And btw this if one of my favourite dogs. Smart, gentle and very sociable.

well done bro

I hope you keep him Paulo, as his savior he's already devoted himself to you, you can be sure he wants you forever.......

paulo73

Veteran
Thank you guys! Good vibes are needed.

Thank you guys! Good vibes are needed.

well done bro

I hope you keep him Paulo, as his savior he's already devoted himself to you, you can be sure he wants you forever.......

He´s home now mate. I knew that you would be one of the happy ones.

No , you are the kind of person that deserves the companionship of a dog that needs it .

You sound about right. And i´ve never thought that not all dogs need/want companionship, thanks for that.
It might help me right now.

He is a good good boy. I think he is a keeper and lucky to have found you.

Good luck

Thanks mate.

As usual, you are a good person Mr. P

-in peace

I need to my friend.

Now some sad news.
Last Friday, full moon, Papo, our first dog on his last stroll before dinner decided to run away. We´ve already spent the last 48hrs searching for him all around here. Sadly he was not to be seen anywhere. He are quite sad.
So all good vibes&energies are most welcome&needed.
picture.php

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now some sad news.
Last Friday, full moon, Papo, our first dog on his last stroll before dinner decided to run away. We´ve already spent the last 48hrs searching for him all around here. Sadly he was not to be seen anywhere. He are quite sad.
So all good vibes&energies are most welcome&needed.
View Image

so sorry to hear that bro. I (we) as a family lost only one dog to running off back in '72, I searched for weeks for our little Schatzi. not knowing is the worst feeling, I pray you'll find Papo.......

MJBadger

Veteran
Papo, our first dog on his last stroll before dinner decided to run away. We´ve already spent the last 48hrs searching for him all around here. Sadly he was not to be seen anywhere. He are quite sad.

Finger`s x`d you find him safe & well . I know exactly how you feel but my Lurcher was stolen never to be found . Always hope she had a good life .

Ph-patrol

Veteran
My heart goes out to you during this stressful time.Keep us informed if there is a change in status.
Try to keep the faith.

bonbon

i shouldn't leave out my big boy Brando,5 year old 100 lb pup
I hate to be such a downer again,but my wife and i just lost our big pup Brando on 11/13/14 to a heart condition that we didn't even know that he had...we are completely devastated again,and after losing our precious mutt-mutt just over a year ago,the grief our losses are unbearable.
he was only six years old...our babies are gone...
our home has never seemed so sad,empty,lonely and quiet...my wife an i are in our mid & late fifties...we never had any human children of our own.
just love em as much as you can because their stays are short.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

sorry for your loss bonbon, Brando looks like a sweetie.

I know how you feel never having kids and losing my canine kiddies from time to time. life's not the same w/out having wagging tails and belly's waitin' on some rubs and so I repeat the cycle every time, I can't live w/out there being a dog in my life.......

paulo73

Veteran
Bless you all.

Bless you all.

so sorry to hear that bro. I (we) as a family lost only one dog to running off back in '72, I searched for weeks for our little Schatzi. not knowing is the worst feeling, I pray you'll find Papo.......

Thanks friend. May our prayers be heard.
And you´re right, not knowing can be the worst part.
I keep listening and seeing him all around the house. Love is a crazy thing.

Finger`s x`d you find him safe & well . I know exactly how you feel but my Lurcher was stolen never to be found . Always hope she had a good life .

I bet she had a great life and i just wish the same for Papo. Even if i never see him again i just wish he´s having fun.

My heart goes out to you during this stressful time.Keep us informed if there is a change in status.
Try to keep the faith.

Thank you. I am a man of Faith so i´ll keep the candle lit for a couple of weeks more.
Sadly until now, no news at all.
Thanks for all the prayers and good vibes:ying:

bonbon

sorry for your loss bonbon, Brando looks like a sweetie.

I know how you feel never having kids and losing my canine kiddies from time to time. life's not the same w/out having wagging tails and belly's waitin' on some rubs and so I repeat the cycle every time, I can't live w/out there being a dog in my life.......
thank you for your kind words,it is comforting when others understand the sadness of losing a canine kiddie,he really was a joy his entire life.Brando was a big cuddly happy clown who loved everyone he met.

bonbon

Thank you. I am a man of Faith so i´ll keep the candle lit for a couple of weeks more.
Sadly until now, no news at all.
Thanks for all the prayers and good vibes:ying:
we have a candle burning for you too Paulo for a very happy ending.
i know you'll be reunited soon.
keep the faith brother.

Latest posts

Latest posts