What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

post your dog or fav. dog breed

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
german shepard

german shepard

heres my lady,
rescued her off a smack head
8 months old now, she knows over 10 commands perfectly
love her to bits

Last edited:
i got patterdale terriers they r very small 15 2 20 pounds hunting dogs very crazy lil guys that dont take no shit from nobody.... and u cant forget the american pit bull terrier myfavz

NOKUY said:
he was a huge dane w/out cropped ears...and this one looks just like rufus...mmmm I luv dogs (i miss rufus and milla):

gibson-tallest-dog.jpg

Nokuy, that dog is CRAZY big! Put a saddle on that thing and mount up! Yah, mule!
My sis has a yellow lab, big one, almost a hundred pounds. He's nice but he sheds way too much. Dog hair everywhere, even if you brush him twice a day. Not used to that, last dog I had was a poodle back in the day, little yappy dog but at least he didn't shed. If I was to get one now, it'd have to be something that doesn't shed, probably a pit or smaller, like a terrier (jack russell's don't shed much, do they?).

:rasta:

NOKUY

Veteran
awesome dogs everyone!

my great dane is what made me love dogs sooo much, I did EVERYTHING for that dog.

I was just a little kid when we had him (younger than kindergarten thru 6th grade...thats when he died)...i was tore up for a loooooooooong time. I literally ran home every day to see him.

when i was a kid one of my many jobs was cutting a chopping firewood. I stacked the wood solid around the underside of out 2-story porch so that he had a nice solid warm area...it was his own log cabin.

he slept inside too and always w/ me, and if we were camping he slept "in" the sleeping bag w/ me.

we had a standard poodle too when i was a kid ...she lived to like 20+ yrs and was an awesome dog.

i lived next to mitch seavey in seward alaska who won the iditarod, and i got to work w/ him and his dogs........that was really really different than dealing w/ dogs just as pets.

mitch seavy has a personality just like mine, but he demands lots from his dogs, which i dont, but they are treated better than most dogs on earth.

030507-01.jpg

2007iditarodmackey.jpg

Kizzattack

There are some beautiful animals in this thread and some interesting stories about them too. Keep them coming people!

NOKUY

Veteran
SoylentGreen said:
My girl could be a twin of yours, got her in battleground in 2004 she weighs a llean 160, no fat on her only muscle. She's extremely well trained and the best disposition of any dog I've met (but eveybody says that about their own dogs :D

man i cant show those pics to the Old lady or we'll have a new st bernard.

awesome dog bro!

hers was buck, but called buckles...the big dogs dont live long enuf

thanks for shring bro!

NOKUY

Veteran
SoylentGreen said:
I'm actually thinking about another one..... but I spend a lot of time cleaning walls and vacuuming hair up because with hardwood floors the hair is like tumbleweed.... :D

part of the life bro. ....u know

ive never lived w/ out dog hair.

dog hair doesnt give me pause.

id rather have dogs and dog hair than no dogs and no dog hair.

NOKUY

Veteran
SoylentGreen said:
Yeah but the husky/lab I have is blowin its coat right now :D HELP! :D I vacuum every day for the last 6 years. You get used to it. And then I bought the FURMENATOR. I got this new brush at Petco that is basically a hair clipper blade attached to a handle for $50 and it is the best brush I've ever had....... when I use it :D

Link to Petco

ha ha

here is "yukon" (the real "yukon") when he blows his coat.

pain in the ass, but he's beautiful usually

D

daisy jane

Awesome dogs!

Her name is Kaya. She is a Blue Heeler mixed with Australian Shepherd and possibly Catahoula Leopard Dog. She is a tiny thing. But she does quite well in an apartment. Pretty well trained too. She had distemper when she was a puppy though and now her face twitches.

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
NOKUY said:
trich if u have a border he/she must own ya.

our border does.

sierra looks exactly like the border collie on the cover of the newest national geographic magazine.
march 2008

animal-minds-hdr.jpg

That looks a lot like my boy. And yes he does own me... loves to go everywhere and never tires. Thats why I had to get the rat terrier, so my collie can have another active dog to play with to tire him out. :D

Whoever mentioned jack russel terriers and shedding... the answer is not much shedding. I owned one awhile ago and never gave her a buzz so she was scruffy and never noticed much shedding. Here she is R.I.P.

NOKUY

Veteran
trichosaurus said:
That looks a lot like my boy. And yes he does own me... loves to go everywhere and never tires. Thats why I had to get the rat terrier, so my collie can have another active dog to play with to tire him out. :D

Whoever mentioned jack russel terriers and shedding... the answer is not much shedding. I owned one awhile ago and never gave her a buzz so she was scruffy and never noticed much shedding. Here she is R.I.P.

nice dogs man!

glad they own ya too...it's a good thing. :wave:

raygun

Colt122 said:
Any one else have a Catahoula?aka louisiana leopard dog.

My parents got one of these from the pound it ended up attacking the pigmy goat they had and killed it. They had it for about a year before it did that but was the straingest dog as far as personality went. Very skittish but playful. They had to get rid of it after the attaked as they could not risk him doing that to one of the children that come around.

I grew up with Austrailian sheppards and now have a boarder collie who is OCD when it comes to playing fetch. She is a good dog though, very loving and loyal. She also listens very well. My girlfriend has a chihuahua that is very loving. I never thought I would like small dogs but i can't help it its such a cute and loving dog.

I've also had roommates with pits who were very loving dogs. Took to the cats in the house like they were there own puppies. I use to walk them down at the beach and it was funny to see peoples reactions. It was cool to show them that they are as gentle as labs.

raygun

SoylentGreen said:
Yeah but the husky/lab I have is blowin its coat right now :D HELP! :D I vacuum every day for the last 6 years. You get used to it. And then I bought the FURMENATOR. I got this new brush at Petco that is basically a hair clipper blade attached to a handle for $50 and it is the best brush I've ever had....... when I use it :D

Link to Petco

That is one of the greatest buys I made for my Collie. I brush her about twice a month and its just crazy how much hair comes out. Her coat feels so nice afterwards and I don't find the clumps of hair all over the place as much. I think you could spend all day combing them with one of those and allways get some hair....

NOKUY

Veteran
good stories on your dogs.

....that brush wont touch yukon tho...he has a deep hand held rake.

OCD w/ a border collie is pretty common.....you gotta channel their energy...ours did flyball, but we didnt like the abuse it does on their bodies.

agility is boring to me,.

if you can get them to some sheep or livestock thy'll naturally take charge, and you really wont have to do anything.

border collies are said to be smarter than a 5 year old ....i know sum 12 year olds who are less intelligent than our BC

awesome dogs everyone :wave:

i've had dogs all my life... and always will.

about the jack russell terrier holding onto the bull, i've got a fox terrier which is just about the same thing. when she was younger you could let her grab onto one of her toys and pick her up with it. very high energy dogs

personally i don't care what breed the dog is... i don't think i'll ever get one from anywhere but the pound.