farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hawaiian x Zamaldelica wk 6

Hawaiian x Zamaldelica wk 6

Only one week later than previous picks. A little weight gain and heavy seed production. My camera is capable of macro shots. Unfortunately I'm not! I can barely get pics uploaded to ICMag. Yes it's only one plant, but guys it has been so much fun to do this over the winter inside. I have a very limited sense of smell from my nose being broken 9 times and one traumatic head injury. From what I can tell it still smells like a horse. Very pleasing gentle smell to me anyway. A few pistils are just starting new growth after pollination in week 4. The flowering time is 11/13. Outside temps -10 to -35C, +20 to -30F last couple of weeks. Grow room temps day +20 and nights +15C, 70F day 60F nights. I'm interested to see what Phenotypes may be exaggerated in cooler temps compared to what I see during summer grow. So far I don't see anything that stands out to me.
Peace

Attachments

• H x Z wk6 010.jpg
    H x Z wk6 010.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 19
  • H x Z wk6 011.jpg
    H x Z wk6 011.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 20
  • H x Z wk6 012.jpg
    H x Z wk6 012.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 18
  • H x Z wk6 013.jpg
    H x Z wk6 013.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 25

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
The tray in the background of 3rd pic is an automotive tray for drips from Wal-Mart. It is the best way to clean seed out of larger quantities of bud that I have found. Rolling dried and cured buds between hands on one end. Then elevate one end and tap and the seeds roll down to be separated (maturity), labeled and stored. Indicas I go no less that 6 weeks. Sativas I think 10 weeks is safe for mature seeds. Opinions may vary on times for making seeds. This is what works for me. I give the smoke away after seeds have been harvested. I'm not real concerned about the broken up buds as I don't smoke or sale. I just love the GROW!!! I do ask for smoke reports to guide future work with any hybrid cross I may do. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
The girl is finishing week 7 of flowering today. I only see maybe 7 pistols of new growth since pollination 3 weeks ago. The trichome production has picked up a little. Most energy is still being focused on seed production. Weight gain has been minimal this week. No new leaf growth is detected. Plant health is excellent over all. The seed pods are very swollen and have the most new trichome production. The aroma is still equine and very pleasant.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Buddler, That is a very nice looking plant. Hope it turns into the lady your looking for. Mine is just finishing the 8th week of flowering. More and more crystals are forming. Peace

Buddler

Veteran
Buddler, That is a very nice looking plant. Hope it turns into the lady your looking for. Mine is just finishing the 8th week of flowering. More and more crystals are forming. Peace

Hi Farmerlion how long to finish for your cross are you going to do another run with her .check out this leaf extra fingers wonder if this is a thai trait maybe Dubi will drop by and clarify for me. Have a great day.:tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Buddler, How unique that is. I have had some 13 leaf sets in the past but never growing in like that. Yes I pollinated with another f1 of same strain or hybrid. I would like to run seeds through f4 at least. This plant is still at 4' into the 8th week of flowering. Trying to select shorter plants that still produce well. So far it seems to be working. I'm not as concerned with finish time as I think that is what makes the sativas unique and superior to the Indica plant smoke for smoke. Would be nice to veg a plant 2 months and then flower without having a 12' plant to contend with. I may be pissing into the wind??? Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Buddler, I'm looking 14 weeks of flowering. Just to make sure the seed is matured fully with 10 weeks time. The buds will be cured for 2 months in mason jars, deseeded and enjoyed by friends who don't mind shake. I will run the f2's next year. Peace

Buddler

Veteran
Farmer L They are fun to bend and shape though ,but a smaller stature is nice for small spaces,and can be done , good luck with that project Keep er posted.Bud

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm seeing a lot of awesome work going on in this thread, respect to everyone who's posted up their X's!

Nothing to show yet, but I did pollinate an ACE Malawi earlier this week with a pair of PTK males. The two strains are as far apart as genetically as it gets. Here's to hoping for some top notch F1 love!

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LG, the world aint ready for a cross that potent.

The time has come... and it was three males, not two like I posted this morning. Coffee was brewing, so I wasn't fully functional yet:biggrin:

The Malawi has more flowers on it now, so I'm going to hit her again with the dust from the boys.

Holeshot

Malawi X Super lemon haze

Malawi X Super lemon haze

Only a baby shot. Malawi male X Super Lemon Haze. Have 10 seeds , only popped 2, one died. So hope it is a girl.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Lean Green, I like that you are using more than 1 male. You should have some very diverse f1's to work with in the future. Mine will enter week 10 of flowering this Sunday. I'm going to raise the night room temps from low to mid 50's to 65 degrees. I think the growth rate should pick up some for the last 4 or 5 weeks of flowering. The seeds will still mature when it's colder but I wanted to see if any recessive phenotypes would show up. None that I have noticed anyway. The trichome production has stayed steady, new growth has slowed to a crawl. I may add one more 600 watt HPS light for the last month. Should be a great plenty of light for one plant. Peace

B

blue_tick

holeshot

like the sounds of that.nice pix. i will be keeping an eye on that. i have one clone of the super lemon haze that smells of lemon butter i am thinking of selfing her to one of the purple malawi's if i get one this time of the breeders pack (fem) i have.

peace

Holeshot

SLH

SLH

holeshot

like the sounds of that.nice pix. i will be keeping an eye on that. i have one clone of the super lemon haze that smells of lemon butter i am thinking of selfing her to one of the purple malawi's if i get one this time of the breeders pack (fem) i have.

peace
Hey FBOY, Super lemon Haze is a special plant. Beautiful strong plant, with great smell, taste and high. It was an accidental cross, but I hope they combine well . Both are good yielders ,though the Malawi could do with a bit better taste. Cheers

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
HOLESHOT, Have any new pics of that lovely young lady? I screwed myself trying to find a recessive phenotype with very cold night temps. I let it roll for 6 weeks. All I accomplished was costing myself 3 to 4 ounces of dried bud. (lesson learned). Oh well I will still get 5 out of her. Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts