What's new

Portable Dabs

flatslabs

Yep but keep in mind if you got the right batteries, the IMR ones like I said to get, they are basically designed for sub ohm vaping like we are doing. While there is no electrical protection built in, they are supposed to be safer than straight Li-Ion and Li-Po cells, as in significantly reduced risk of venting or fire.

And Yeah I think somewhere around .45 - .6 is the sweet spot for me

Yes well said DO NOT BUY CHEAP BATTERIES! That is the biggest issue as far as I can tell when it comes to sub ohm'ing.

I am personally using Sony VTC5 batteries.

flatslabs

I use the 35A Purple Efest (original) 2500Mah ones just because they are the highest Amperage I could find. My friend uses the VTC5s but I think they are 25A or something like that, not sure if that means mine produces more heat since its unregulated but they are both highly regarded batteries.

Which charger did you end up getting? I have found the Efest Luc V2 the best for at home charging, and I got an Efest XSmart single battery charger paired with a car plug for on the go. I also had an Efest Luc V4 but ended up selling it to a friend who uses it for flashlight batteries because I dont really need to charge 4 up at once.

The cool thing about the XSmart is you can charge it off of micro usb (it doesn't come with a wall wart or car plug but does accept them), but being these batteries are so big it takes about 6 hours to fully charge an 18650 over 5V 1A as opposed to the 12V 1A the Home and Car plugs are providing to the charger.

mingmen

Got the purple efest you recommended - I think 30A 18650. And the LUC4 - yeah it is big but I have had other concerns lol
Went to the vape shop. Got wire for builds on this Patriot clone and saw another Patriot clone which was way larger posts and holes. I definitely chose the wrong one for 24 ga but the guy there said he thought he could do it. 1/16 would obliterate my post so I need something tiny. Probably just leave it alone and build on it with smaller gauges.
The guy also took apart my button and showed me the 2 springs and said to buy a spring set (and o-ring set while I am there) from home depot and switch them out. One spring was totally crushed and just junk to my eye. He said that is a problem with all the Nemesis cones because the springs are so cheap and that is for sure why the hot button. It did look chintzy but I am leaving that alone for now till I get the magnets delivered.
He said also could build like an Omega and bypass the hole (seems like a pain) or use a sleeper coil. Have to see how challenging that is

I use the 35A Purple Efest (original) 2500Mah ones just because they are the highest Amperage I could find. My friend uses the VTC5s but I think they are 25A or something like that, not sure if that means mine produces more heat since its unregulated but they are both highly regarded batteries.

Which charger did you end up getting? I have found the Efest Luc V2 the best for at home charging, and I got an Efest XSmart single battery charger paired with a car plug for on the go. I also had an Efest Luc V4 but ended up selling it to a friend who uses it for flashlight batteries because I dont really need to charge 4 up at once.

The cool thing about the XSmart is you can charge it off of micro usb (it doesn't come with a wall wart or car plug but does accept them), but being these batteries are so big it takes about 6 hours to fully charge an 18650 over 5V 1A as opposed to the 12V 1A the Home and Car plugs are providing to the charger.

I was originally going to go with the Efest batteries, but decided if I was going to get any "name brand" piece it would be the batteries. Though I have since read that certain versions of the Efests are actually rebranded Sonys... ha! And the VTC5's are 30A I do believe.

I am currently using the Nitecore i2 charger but also have the d2 version on order with the readout screen for battery health information. I've just been alternating charges on my 2 batteries. Keep one in the mod, and one in/by the charger or with me on the go. I can imagine how long it takes to charge off USB haha... my initial charges on my VTC5's was a LONG time even charging them singly at 1A (the i2 splits 0.5A to each battery if you charge 2 at once I think)

The only downside to these so far is not really knowing battery status at any time. I saw on the calculator is has the run time deal and gives you an idea of how long your battery can last at a certain Ohm but lets be honest thats too much to keep track of lol. I just don't want to run my battery fully out and lose potential life in it.

Got the purple efest you recommended - I think 30A 18650. And the LUC4 - yeah it is big but I have had other concerns lol
Went to the vape shop. Got wire for builds on this Patriot clone and saw another Patriot clone which was way larger posts and holes. I definitely chose the wrong one for 24 ga but the guy there said he thought he could do it. 1/16 would obliterate my post so I need something tiny. Probably just leave it alone and build on it with smaller gauges.
The guy also took apart my button and showed me the 2 springs and said to buy a spring set (and o-ring set while I am there) from home depot and switch them out. One spring was totally crushed and just junk to my eye. He said that is a problem with all the Nemesis cones because the springs are so cheap and that is for sure why the hot button. It did look chintzy but I am leaving that alone for now till I get the magnets delivered.
He said also could build like an Omega and bypass the hole (seems like a pain) or use a sleeper coil. Have to see how challenging that is

What springs did he recommend you getting? I haven't had an issue with my stock button spring yet... but I did take my switch apart when I got it and gave everything in there a nice light sanding with some high grit sandpaper and a little polish so the surfaces that touch in there are a lot smoother than they were from the beginning. However if I leave it unlocked and stand it up.. the button is very loose/wiggly. it doesn't fire or fall over, but there is play in there and it is kind of annoying IMO.

The sleeper looks interesting that second coil looks fun to wrap on the deck lol

flatslabs

Mingmen: That sucks about your patriot clone and the small posts, luckily all of the ones I have come across have been usable no problem.

The Ehpro clones I have only came with 1 spring not two, but if you get the 3 magnets it totally replaces the springs in the button anyways.

I was originally going to go with the Efest batteries, but decided if I was going to get any "name brand" piece it would be the batteries. Though I have since read that certain versions of the Efests are actually rebranded Sonys... ha! And the VTC5's are 30A I do believe.

I am currently using the Nitecore i2 charger but also have the d2 version on order with the readout screen for battery health information. I've just been alternating charges on my 2 batteries. Keep one in the mod, and one in/by the charger or with me on the go. I can imagine how long it takes to charge off USB haha... my initial charges on my VTC5's was a LONG time even charging them singly at 1A (the i2 splits 0.5A to each battery if you charge 2 at once I think)

The only downside to these so far is not really knowing battery status at any time. I saw on the calculator is has the run time deal and gives you an idea of how long your battery can last at a certain Ohm but lets be honest thats too much to keep track of lol. I just don't want to run my battery fully out and lose potential life in it.

The LucV2 has switchable modes for .5 or 1A so maybe it chargers faster. My friend who doesn't have a charger of his own and just comes and swaps his batteries out at my place and his are never below 3.7 volts when he puts em in the charger every few days, but I can't say how much he uses it.

What springs did he recommend you getting? I haven't had an issue with my stock button spring yet... but I did take my switch apart when I got it and gave everything in there a nice light sanding with some high grit sandpaper and a little polish so the surfaces that touch in there are a lot smoother than they were from the beginning. However if I leave it unlocked and stand it up.. the button is very loose/wiggly. it doesn't fire or fall over, but there is play in there and it is kind of annoying IMO.

Ebay search for nemesis 3 magnet upgrade. Its like 5 bucks to get em there, but you can find the dimensions of the magnets and get a bunch of them elsewhere for the same price. You might want to even get 4 magnets depending on how stiff you want your button.

You are basically facing 1 or 2 magnets pushing against each other in place of the spring in the button.

mingmen

4 wraps of 28 ga gave me 0.62. A little flimsy with the thin wire but that hits like a nail. We have vaporization

4 wraps of 28 ga gave me 0.62. A little flimsy with the thin wire but that hits like a nail. We have vaporization

I thought it might be a bit higher than 0.5 because I am only getting to 0.48 with the twisted 28g. I agree the 28g by itself is a bit flimsy.

However, congrats!!! :biggrin:

Ebay search for nemesis 3 magnet upgrade. Its like 5 bucks to get em there, but you can find the dimensions of the magnets and get a bunch of them elsewhere for the same price. You might want to even get 4 magnets depending on how stiff you want your button.

You are basically facing 1 or 2 magnets pushing against each other in place of the spring in the button.

Did that make your button more stable as far as standing it up while unlocked? I feel like it would but it also kind of feels like it wobbles because of crappy tolerances between the two pieces, not as exact as it should be? I don't know haha just my clone thinking.

flatslabs

Did that make your button more stable as far as standing it up while unlocked? I feel like it would but it also kind of feels like it wobbles because of crappy tolerances between the two pieces, not as exact as it should be? I don't know haha just my clone thinking.

Neither of the buttons on mine are as wobbly as the one on my friends nemesis clone, so I didn't have that problem to begin with and its actually why I recommended the nemesis over some of the other mods as the button on them is terrible. The tree of life mod is probably the worst button and locking ring I have ever used, even though it looks cool. But again, my clones only have 1 spring and it seems most have 2.

With 4 magnets installed it would take me 2 fingers to fire the button so it definitely isn't going to accidentally fire standing up on a table, I am using 3 magnets at the moment and feel it gives pretty good action.

Neither of the buttons on mine are as wobbly as the one on my friends nemesis clone, so I didn't have that problem to begin with and its actually why I recommended the nemesis over some of the other mods as the button on them is terrible. The tree of life mod is probably the worst button and locking ring I have ever used, even though it looks cool. But again, my clones only have 1 spring and it seems most have 2.

With 4 magnets installed it would take me 2 fingers to fire the button so it definitely isn't going to accidentally fire standing up on a table, I am using 3 magnets at the moment and feel it gives pretty good action.

Ah okay yeah luck of the draw I guess.

Funny you say that cause I was DAMN close to ordering the Tree of Life instead of the Nemesis just based on looks alone haha. I like the single tubes, and the less engravings. Oh well glad I didn't now!!

flatslabs

If you want to order more than 1 at a time, say 5 - 10. I can get you a some ehpro nemesis clones or tobh atomizers from without logos on them from my families vape suppliers.

Mods: I am not trying to break any rules here, and just offering a favor, nothing for sale.

mingmen

28 ga is too small for dabs long term but still getting great rips. I am getting a lot of residue on the deck but it looks like junk and also because my coils are still a little jangly. It stinks to all hell though. Would not want this in my car yikes
I will try the 24 ga sleeper because if I can pull it off solves my problems. Otherwise maybe a 26 sleeper.
You should have put a lighted magnifying glass on the required shopping list lulz

relic1981

Veteran
wish i found this thread a few days ago... going up to washington and all i have for portable oil consumption is a davinci . it works well but doesnt give you big rips, lots of little ones though and it will have to suffice for the next few days while im away. i have a small oil rig i could bring but dont really want to be using a torch in the car. i can see the heads turnng. plus theres ots of cops in oregon and ihave cali plates... the divinci looks like a walkie talkie so thats a bit more discreet. i can guarnetee you illl be vaping oil all over washington. lol. plus my buddy has a nice rig so once i get there it wont be an issue.

flatslabs

You don't need to wait man, there are legit vape shops all over that sell this stuff, just check google for stores in your area or along the road and call em up. Just don't go to one of the "commercial" chains that only sell juice and cheap e-cigs they won't have the stuff.

If you want to order more than 1 at a time, say 5 - 10. I can get you a some ehpro nemesis clones or tobh atomizers from without logos on them from my families vape suppliers.

Mods: I am not trying to break any rules here, and just offering a favor, nothing for sale.

Hey dude thanks a lot for the offer but I am already ahead of you on that one haha! I used to supply the micro pens for a few places.

Latest posts

Latest posts