What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PoorDad's Tent

PoorDad

Big tent
Left side is Wedding Cake

Center stage is Northern Lights and she's really packin it on now. Hand for size comparison.

Right side is Cookies Gelato and she's about 2 weeks behind the other two. Comin along and finally getting some nice little pom-poms.

20240313_103437.jpg
20240313_103447.jpg
20240313_103502.jpg
20240313_103519.jpg
20240313_103526.jpg

oldmaninbc

Well, there wasn't, but since you brought it up! She said she can find a leaf pattern for me. (winning)
I do no quilt myself but I appreciate the effort and creativity for those who do like "to quilt". If your wife puts the work into her quilts like you do with your garden she must do "take pride" work. I seen an opium poppy quilt that was on display at a local banking institution, it was like 3d and the design and colors were wonderful.
I like the appeal of your grow operation, kind of makes me want to sit in there and have a cup of coffee.

PoorDad

I do no quilt myself but I appreciate the effort and creativity for those who do like "to quilt". If your wife puts the work into her quilts like you do with your garden she must do "take pride" work. I seen an opium poppy quilt that was on display at a local banking institution, it was like 3d and the design and colors were wonderful.
I like the appeal of your grow operation, kind of makes me want to sit in there and have a cup of coffee.
There's been a cup or 2 shared in the basement. A buddy stops by twice a week for an hour. We open the tents and enjoy the sunshine while we smoke and have coffee.
Would love to have more people over.

PoorDad

Seedlings tent. I put these into the dirt on 03/18/24. Today is 03/21/24.

This is how I pop all my seeds. Directly into a pot full of dry dirt. Saturate only the area under the cup or plastic cover. Sow seeds with the hinge pointed up. Cover loosely with a thin layer of dirt. Small squirt of water. Cover it. Leave it alone for 3 or 4 days.

Papa Smurf photo
Northern Lights auto
Haze Berry auto (she's up, but hasn't unfurled her leaves yet)

20240321_074958.jpg
20240321_075026.jpg
20240321_075035.jpg
20240321_075048.jpg
20240321_075115.jpg

oldmaninbc

Alright PoorDad, fine looking grow system you got going on, the results say it all.

My spouse brought me home my first piece of glassware from the thrift store $1.00 for a 9" X 13'. It's in good shape and will be perfect for pre-canning jar drying/curing.

PoorDad

Darn close to harvesting 2 of these.
1st is Wedding Cake
2nd is Northern Lights
3rd is Cookies Gelato (2 weeks behind for some reason)

Northern Lights has small foxtails. Trichomes are all cloudy and 1--2% amber. She needs a few more days, maybe a week at the most. She's fading more and more each day and still drinking a ton of water.

This is when I cut the food off most of my plants. I'll water them once or twice with pH'd water as I watch the trichs turn amber in the final 3--5 day span. I chop them when I like the color of the trichs.

Cookies Gelato far right is still a couple weeks behind the other 2 in this tent. I was worried when she first started flowering. She was lookin SPARSE. Thankfully she's packed on the weight and filled in a tremendous amount. Anticipating/projecting how much she will pack on these last weeks before harvest makes me feel a lot better about her yield vs how she looked at first.

20240403_082508.jpg
20240403_082517.jpg
20240403_082524.jpg

Last edited:

PoorDad

Veg tent.
This is Mimosa, Northern Lights, and Jack Heror (all 3 autos) and OG Kush (photo plant)

Mimosa , Jack Heror and Northern Lights are autos that I topped when they were on their 3rd node. They all split perfectly. I decided to tie them down and spread them out for more light penetration. I split Jack Heror at the spot I topped her because I pulled too hard. So I wrapped a bunch of cotton butchers twine around the stem and watered her. 24hrs later she's acting like nothing happened. I haven't inspected the injury. At some point the twine will probably need to come off. She's gonna grow a massive knot there.

I was more gentle with Mimosa and Northern Lights. Those got tied down fine. They got spread out so they took up too much room in the 4x4. I put one into the empty 4x2 tent to veg. Can't remember which one.

3rd pic is the stressed OG Kush that finally looks like it's supposed too. Gonna top her eventually and then will be pulling clones from her for a few runs before she finally outgrows a small veg tent. Then I'll toss her into the big flower tent and let her finish out.
20240403_082547.jpg
20240403_082540.jpg
20240403_082551.jpg
20240404_102909.jpg

Last edited:

PoorDad

Seedlings under dual 5000k 42w strips.

Haze Berry front row (auto)
Northern Lights (auto)
Farthest back is Papa Smurf (photo)

Just started to pH their water. It's been tap water until now. I start off easy. My tap is right at 7.0 and I pH down to 6.6--6.7 for seedlings. I don't want them to get too many nutrients out of the soil too quickly. I lower the pH of their water as they grow and get stronger. When they get into the veg tent, I'll have it all the way down to 6.0. By the time they hit the flower tent, I've got pH down to 5.7--5
8. From past experience, most start to burn around 5.4 so I try to stay well above that.

I don't water the entire pot yet. These don't have the root structure to use all the soil in the pot so wet soil = fungus gnats, mold and root rot. As you saw in my earlier posts, I start out only watering a small circle of soil and cover the seeds with a plastic or glass cup. They sprout and stay under the cups until they touch the top. Then I pull the cups and harden them to the air. I still don't soak the whole pot. Slowly increase the size of the spot you water as the plants grow. I won't soak the entire pot and thoroughly wet out all the soil until they're close to 6 inches high. That's another week away.
20240403_082613.jpg

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

Seedlings under dual 5000k 42w strips.

Haze Berry front row (auto)
Northern Lights (auto)
Farthest back is Papa Smurf (photo)

Just started to pH their water. It's been tap water until now. I start off easy. My tap is right at 7.0 and I pH down to 6.6--6.7 for seedlings. I don't want them to get too many nutrients out of the soil too quickly. I lower the pH of their water as they grow and get stronger. When they get into the veg tent, I'll have it all the way down to 6.0. By the time they hit the flower tent, I've got pH down to 5.7--5
8. From past experience, most start to burn around 5.4 so I try to stay well above that.

I don't water the entire pot yet. These don't have the root structure to use all the soil in the pot so wet soil = fungus gnats, mold and root rot. As you saw in my earlier posts, I start out only watering a small circle of soil and cover the seeds with a plastic of glass cup. They sprout and stay under the cups until they touch the top. Then I pull the cups and harden them to the air. I still don't soak the whole pot. Slowly increase the size of the spot you water as the plants grow. I won't soak the entire pot and thoroughly wet out all the soil until they're close to 6 inches high. That's another week away.
View attachment 18982889
I've heard of people adjusting the PH to coincide with different phases of plant development. What are the benefit from this practice?

I enjoy your growing efforts and look forward to the next round, I"m all in.

PoorDad

I've heard of people adjusting the PH to coincide with different phases of plant development. What are the benefit from this practice?

I enjoy your growing efforts and look forward to the next round, I"m all in.
(Disclaimer: I'm no scientist for sure. I only "feel" like this works. I can't prove it.)

My reason for slowly lowering the pH is to limit the available food to them while they are young and easily "cooked" with too much food early on. I believe that by starting with straight tap and then slowly lowering the pH as they grow and the demand for food increases, helps prevent from burning them while they're small. I think different nutrients get unlocked at different pH levels. (again can't prove it) Maybe unlocking some of those nutrients down in that 5.7---5.8 range too early in the game is what causes little plants to cook?

PoorDad

She's in the drying tent. She's got stubby foxtails and the top cola grew into a giant mass. Hopefully that didn't hurt the potency too bad.

I'm using a cheap 24" net inside a cheap 3x3 tent. I'll do the initial dry inside here, with an intent to get it down under 80% humidity ASAP. Then I'll seal it up and try to slowly dry down to about 70% humidity. The last to rounds went roughly 8 days like this.

The first 4 pictures are the top cola.

20240411_080908.jpg
20240411_080922.jpg

20240411_073310.jpg
20240411_073302.jpg
20240411_075114.jpg
20240411_075125.jpg
20240411_075143.jpg
20240411_075217.jpg
20240411_075238.jpg

Attachments

• 20240411_080024.jpg
    20240411_080024.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10

PoorDad

Wedding Cake is still not done. I need her to hurry the heck up!! I've got 3 autos in the veg tent that need more room and are starting to flower.

Wedding Cake still has cloudy trichs. No amber yet. She's still packing on the weight so I'm not inclined to chop her early.
20240414_195825.jpg

tilecarpenter

Latest posts

Latest posts