What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PoorDad's Tent

PoorDad

New gear!

Found the strain at a local dispensary and really love the effects. It was my first time ordering from Atlas Seed. No issues.
20240226_072406.jpg

PoorDad

Here is the harvest from Quick One and Mimosa. Both are still drying slowly. I shoot for about 60% and then jar them. I prefer doing the final dry in shallow baking dishes. I got mold once when I put them into the jars too early. I feel like I've got more control with flat sheets and buds in a single layer. It takes a few weeks to get the moisture down. I burp these and stir the buds around daily, just like you would with jars.

1st pic is Quick One
2nd pic is Mimosa

20240229_082256.jpg

20240229_083451.jpg

oldmaninbc

Here is the harvest from Quick One and Mimosa. Both are still drying slowly. I shoot for about 60% and then jar them. I prefer doing the final dry in shallow baking dishes. I got mold once when I put them into the jars too early. I feel like I've got more control with flat sheets and buds in a single layer. It takes a few weeks to get the moisture down. I burp these and stir the buds around daily, just like you would with jars.

1st pic is Quick One
2nd pic is Mimosa

View attachment 18966935

View attachment 18966936
I like that shallow dish idea! I think I will give that a go in April.

PoorDad

I like that shallow dish idea! I think I will give that a go in April.
The largest sheet with a plastic lid is for birthday cakes. It's called a "sheet cake" pan. Amazon has them for just under $20. I like the plastic lid a lot. It doesn't snap on or fit tight, but it fits snug enough to prevent drastic moisture loss. Works perfect for a slow dry.

If I were harvesting more product at once I'd have a small fortune in the sheet pans. Definitely planning to buy more.

oldmaninbc

The largest sheet with a plastic lid is for birthday cakes. It's called a "sheet cake" pan. Amazon has them for just under $20. I like the plastic lid a lot. It doesn't snap on or fit tight, but it fits snug enough to prevent drastic moisture loss. Works perfect for a slow dry.

If I were harvesting more product at once I'd have a small fortune in the sheet pans. Definitely planning to buy more.
My spouse likes to shop at the thrift store I asked her to keep an eye out for them; I know what you mean by the mold. The jars are good for curing but I think the flatter containers are best for the initial drying part. Less chance for mold to take hold. In my older age I can be forgetful or mix things up. The flatter ware can help minimize my screw-ups, besides I just think they are a better idea! I see them at yard sales too, and yard sales are starting very soon.

PoorDad

My spouse likes to shop at the thrift store I asked her to keep an eye out for them; I know what you mean by the mold. The jars are good for curing but I think the flatter containers are best for the initial drying part. Less chance for mold to take hold. In my older age I can be forgetful or mix things up. The flatter ware can help minimize my screw-ups, besides I just think they are a better idea! I see them at yard sales too, and yard sales are starting very soon.
I like them because I generally only put in a single layer. Sometimes I'll let a few buds stack double deep but even then, it's nothing like a jar where they are layered in there.

PoorDad

Big update. I'm high. I'm old. I got cancer and I don't always think clearly or long term. This post is to remind myself to update all tent pictures today.

PoorDad

Royal Queen Wedding Cake auto.
This is late 4th week or early in the 5th week of flower. Tough to call on these autos because they keep vegging after I see the first signs of flowering.

She's kinda tall on top. I'm out of room unless I re-hange the light to get another 6 inches. I'm average male height and she's up to my sternum. I don't see a huge yield. She looks like a sativa with long thing fingers and sparse bud sites.
20240311_085515.jpg
20240311_085530.jpg
The scale don't lie. We shall see.

PoorDad

Royal Queen Northern Lights auto. Same time frame as the one above. This is late 4th week or early 5th week of flowering. This one is packing on the weight like crazy. This is gonna be a nice one.

20240311_085541.jpg
20240311_085548.jpg
20240311_085557.jpg

PoorDad

Royal Queen Cookies Gelato auto. This one is almost 2 weeks behind the plants above. Week 2 or 3 of flowering.

This is a very bushy and thick plant. 1st seed of this strain that I've grown. I like to see what they do naturally so I let her go without any training. I'm going to spread the next one out and tie her lower limbs down. I'm excited to see if this one packs on the weight later.

20240311_085605.jpg
20240311_085611.jpg
20240311_085620.jpg

PoorDad

The little Royal Queen Northern Lights. I put this one into a tiny 1g plastic pot, hoping it would finish quickly. NOPE! Lesson learned. Autos do their thing in their time and, all you get with a smaller pot is a smaller plant. Costs the same amount of time on the calendar though.

20240311_085647.jpg
20240311_085655.jpg
20240311_085700.jpg

PoorDad

Royal Queen OG Kush feminized photo.

This one is growing weird. I've only seen this growth pattern from a re-veg'd plant. A user here suggested I lower the lighting intensity so I'm gonna try that. It's been in the 200--250 PPFD range. Seams low to me but I'll reduce the intensity some more.

20240311_085710.jpg
20240311_085715.jpg
20240311_085725.jpg
20240311_085734.jpg

PoorDad

3 auto seedlings from Royal Queen. Planted directly in the dirt on 18/02/24. Popped up 21/02/24. I topped them all on 09/03/24. They've rebounded and taken off 2 days later.

Mimosa, Jack Heror, Northern Lights

I know people say not to top autos. I figured it was very early and I wanted to experiment.

First pics,
Mimosa:
I got the soil too wet. That's why the leaves are spotted. Fixed it. She's fine now.
20240311_085938.jpg
20240311_085931.jpg

Next up
Northern Lights:
20240311_085847.jpg

20240311_085904.jpg

Last is
Jack Heror:
20240311_085914.jpg

20240311_085923.jpg

PoorDad

Some of the tents. We are blessed to have a 1,600 sq ft unfinished basement. My wife encourages me enjoy several different hobbies and the gardening is just one part of it. We split basement. She has about 700 sq ft for her sewing machine and quilting

In the front is a 48x24x78. This is where the small Northern Lights and the OG Kush live. There are 2 cheap "black box" LEDs from Amazon. They are full spectrum 65w each and they have dimmer knobs. I try to run them close to canopy (12--18 inches) and keep the dimmers turned down under 40% in an attempt to make them last longer. Seams to be working.

Right side is a 60x48x80. It's got 2 chambers. A 48x48 and a 48x12. I sprout seedlings in the smaller 48x12 side. The sprouting chamber has (2) LED strip lights that are 42w each. Color is 5,000k.
The 48x48 chamber has (2) cheap "black boxes" from Amazon. They're full spectrum 135w with dimmer knobs. Also has a dual channel 240w LED that doesn't have dimmers. Just veg or bloom switches. I flip them per the cycle. Never run them both at the same time. It's simply too much light.

In the back is a 96x48x80. This is my main flowering tent. Currently housing Wedding Cake - Northern Lights - Cookies Gelato. There's a lot of light in there. Main overhead lighting consists of (2) of the above mentioned 240w dual switch lights. (1) 400w full spectrum cheap "black box" from Amazon with a dimmer knob.
The side lighting is a mixture of more cheap dimmable 135w fixtures and some smaller dual channel 100w fixtures. There are a total of 5 that make up the side lighting.

Behind the 96x48:
You can't see the 4x4 drying tent or the 3x3 drying tent.

20240311_093809.jpg

oldmaninbc

Some of the tents. We are blessed to have a 1,600 sq ft unfinished basement. My wife encourages me enjoy several different hobbies and the gardening is just one part of it. We split basement. She has about 700 sq ft for her sewing machine and quilting

In the front is a 48x24x78. This is where the small Northern Lights and the OG Kush live. There are 2 cheap "black box" LEDs from Amazon. They are full spectrum 65w each and they have dimmer knobs. I try to run them close to canopy (12--18 inches) and keep the dimmers turned down under 40% in an attempt to make them last longer. Seams to be working.

Right side is a 60x48x80. It's got 2 chambers. A 48x48 and a 48x12. I sprout seedlings in the smaller 48x12 side. The sprouting chamber has (2) LED strip lights that are 42w each. Color is 5,000k.
The 48x48 chamber has (2) cheap "black boxes" from Amazon. They're full spectrum 135w with dimmer knobs. Also has a dual channel 240w LED that doesn't have dimmers. Just veg or bloom switches. I flip them per the cycle. Never run them both at the same time. It's simply too much light.

In the back is a 96x48x80. This is my main flowering tent. Currently housing Wedding Cake - Northern Lights - Cookies Gelato. There's a lot of light in there. Main overhead lighting consists of (2) of the above mentioned 240w dual switch lights. (1) 400w full spectrum cheap "black box" from Amazon with a dimmer knob.
The side lighting is a mixture of more cheap dimmable 135w fixtures and some smaller dual channel 100w fixtures. There are a total of 5 that make up the side lighting.

Behind the 96x48:
You can't see the 4x4 drying tent or the 3x3 drying tent.

View attachment 18971834
Is there a cannabis inspired quilt in the making, or one with a bunch of small tents for a pattern?

Latest posts

Latest posts