What's new

PNW Growers; AK, B.C., WA, OR, Nor. CAL

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Is anyone out yet? I'm jelous if you are, LOL! I might go ahead and commit to some going out soon....

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Hello fellow PNW growers. Hope everyone has a successfull year. Can anyone do a reverse Indian rain dance and get use some nice dry, warm weather??? :D

I have a few things going outside this year.

(4) NepJam x Nep from clone.
(2) Thai79 x Chronic (no idea on quality)
(2) Grapfruit x SourD (no idea on quality)
(2) X18 x Uzbeki (picture included)

I am planning on putting the clones and X18s out in 1-2 weeks.

:rasta:

I might even make it up to the hempfest this year. :headbange

magoo420

I started puttineg my plants early here in southern Oregon. Two days later they got hit with a good hail storm. I'm hoping this will only strenthen them.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
My problem is none of my older seedlings are ready to sex yet, and my younger seedlings(that won't be sexed) are to small and tender to go out yet.

Trying to get my plants started in a cold frame with all this cold weather has been a difficult process that moves at a snails pace. But things are starting to move along finally, I just need more days over 60F to kep things movin good.

phate

Veteran
i dont have anything outside, but i do in the greenhouse.

if i had some larger plants to put out, they would be ready now, but the sprouts have a month before they go fully outside.

Spaceman_Spliff

Bacchus, I will have a booth at the festival so I will see you there :rasta: . Nice looking start, so you know the finish times?

Magoo420, How early did you put them out? Have you checked on them yet?

BackCountry, I'm excited to watch your progress this year. How many auto sites do you have now?

Phate, Are your greenhouse plants flowering currently, with sprouts to grow out later?

Anyone got any pictures?

:rasta: Peace, SSSSpaceman SSSpliff

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
SS- I'm going to put at least 2 auto-plots out with 3 plants each, I may put in more, but for now thats the plan.

I'm also going to put about 4-6 clones in large self-watering planters, and then I'm going to do a mess of stand alone grows in the deeper hills.

phate

Veteran
Spaceman... nope. no flowering plants. i have a few clones that are fresh cut, a few sprouts that are just sprouted, and 4 larger diesels that vegged inside.

the diesels will veg outside for a month or so, then come flower inside. :headbange

i just cant wait till the weather warms up here. i will post pics when i move them outside in 2-4 weeks.

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Awesome Spaceman.....I will see you there :)

Hey Backcountry, how do you sex your young plants? Do you bag em for 12/12 for a week or two until they show? If so, do you then take the females and let them go back to veg state? Any issues with hermies or problems doing this?

Well time for another adventure of outdoor growing!! :D

I have 20 alibi seeds in red cups for now, they will be sexed indoors.
I got robbed last year and its not happening again!
Found a more secure and private spot this year so I think ill be set.

Will post pics soon.

Bacchus! Spaceman! Good to hear you will both be attending my favorite hometown festival :D

Should be a grand ol' time.... as always!

peace,
Boris

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Bacchus- Check my 2007 outdoor thread for how I did it last year, no hermies.
I'd do it the same way this year, but our spring was too cold.

This year I'll be bagging them to sex them, just long enough to show sex, then they go back to norm. I've never personally had a hermie(I've only seen them online) even though I have done all kinds of weird stuff with the photoperiod, so no I don't expect any problems from doing the blackout method.

Spaceman_Spliff

BackCountry, What kind of self watering planters? Something commercial or a double pot wick system?

Phate, What size light do you run inside? Have you ever attempted a spring harvest in your greenhouse? What style greenhouse do you have?

My knee is doing about 30% better so maybe I can make it out to play this year after all. I seriously hope so, they may go out a little late though. If nothing else a couple of friends have property's and want to utalize them. According to the farmers almanac this year is going to be showers every other week all Spring and most Summer till August then it's suposed to be dryer till October. With August bringing the greatest drought threat.

magoo420

It's me again.....My ladies pulled through with flying colors....Hopfully this is a sign of great things to come

Spaceman_Spliff

Bacchus, I will make sure to have a big fat bowl or blunt or something we can enjoy.

BorisTheBlaze, Alibi; The Bell of the Ball. Are you going to transplant before taking them out? And do you sex the plant then revege like BackCountry or take a cutting and sex that?

phate

Veteran
i start em under a 400 MH agro. once they sprout, they go into the greenhouse.

i havnt tried flowering in there, but next year i am goin for it. i just got the greenhouse.

magoo420

Hello fellow PNW growers....
I have part of my crop in the ground and doing well..... this year I'm going to use the 45 gal. smart pots. I will plant 6 of them tomorrow.... I'll post some pics tomorrow night so you all can see.....

magoo420

I forgot to tell you what strains I'm growing this year...
Humberry, Code Red, Northern Lights, Dragons Tooth, White Widow,Train
Wreck, and Lambs Breath :rasta: :joint:

Last edited:

magoo420

HERES THOSE PICS THE FIRST ONE IS CODE RED THE SECOND IS DRAGONS TOOTH AND THE THIRD IS NORTHERN LIGHTS

AND THIS IS JUST THE START OF A GREAT SEASON

Last edited: