What's new

PLL Club. (if you don't know, now you know)

Jbonez

Veteran
here is my micro/vertical/organic/12/12 from seed grow.

BOG BMR

3x40w pl-l's
Growlab GL40 16"x16"
Phresh filter
150cfm fan/passive intake
Organic nutrients

enjoy.

I know they look hungry, anyone grow these yet? im killing them with organic nutes and they dont care, they want more!

Attachments

• download-3.jpg
    download-3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 15

twrex

But, not all pl-l lights are 2g11, there is another style called gy10q which has a square pin arrangement rather than a straight line.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Yo. I created a micro growing group. there's a link in my sig. Anybody reppin' micro? :)

PS - I have 4 24w Philips 12.5" PL-Ls en route that I'm going to add to my 252w CFL cab. Can't wait til they get here. :)

oldone

Yo. I created a micro growing group. there's a link in my sig. Anybody reppin' micro? :)

PS - I have 4 24w Philips 12.5" PL-Ls en route that I'm going to add to my 252w CFL cab. Can't wait til they get here. :)

I'd love to join Anti, but what exactly is "micro"?

My cab is
f: 32.125h x 26.875w x 23.25d 4.3 sft 11.6 cuft
v: 23.755h x 11.25w x 23.25h 1.8 sft 3.6 cuft

Thanks,
OO

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I'd love to join Anti, but what exactly is "micro"?

My cab is
f: 32.125h x 26.875w x 23.25d 4.3 sft 11.6 cuft
v: 23.755h x 11.25w x 23.25h 1.8 sft 3.6 cuft

Thanks,
OO

I'm not really one for making hard and fast rules.

Your cab certainly would qualify in my eyes.

In general I'd say... if you think you're micro, you are.

twrex

Not to mention that you don't have to be a micro-grower to be interested and want to join the club to see specifically what folks are doing there.

big twinn

Veteran
Hey,
I just recieved my Fulham workhorse 8 ballast, my PL-L tubes (2x 4100k and 2x 6400k), and the 4 end caps.
I am looking at the wiring diagram posted on here but im still not competent. what is needed to plug this ballast into the wall? would you be able to instruct me where to plug each red, yellow, black, and white wires and what is needed to plug into the wall? THANKS!

big twinn

Veteran
there is only 1 yellow wire...how do i go about attaching it to all 4 lights? the picture shows 4 seperate end points on that one wire, each going into a socket....but im not sure how to do that with the one yellow wire?

i purchased a 3 pronged male outlet plug piece, it has a ground on it, do i need to attach a ground wire to it, because the ballast has no ground that i know of?

thanks for all the help!

twrex

You have one yellow wire that you splice with two other wires, one to go to the current light, one to go to the next splice point. If you need two pieces of wire to go into your base, same thing again, splice two pieces of wire to the one piece, electricity is magic like that. The main thing is to make sure that you're making good connections and aren't creating a fire hazard.

11.gif
19.gif

Now, imagine that first image but with two ends going into the crimp style connector from the second image. That's the simplest and most effective way I know of to do it. Those would all be your 'yellow' wire, assuming the single wire was coming from the ballast (or previous splice) and the two wires would be going off their separate ways to wherever else you need a negative connection.

I'm not sure about grounding fulham ballasts and to be honest it's something I'd wondered about before while looking at their wiring diagrams. Is there a lone screw sitting off to the side of the ballast somewhere for you to connect a ground wire to? If you can't find any ground point, and nobody in here can help you out then you should call fulham tomorrow and ask about it.

does my workhorse ballast need a 3-prong plug? i don't see a ground wire on it. or can i use just a regular 2-prong extension cord?

elemtee

going through this thread for the third time or so. many thanks to all that dropped any kind of info in here..very helpful and thanks. placed order for 3x 21" 55w. 1-3k, 1-3500k, 1-4100k (mexicangreen). 3x 2g11 sockets. 1 workhorse 8. cant wait!

justanotherbozo

Veteran
high all, i've been meaning to post a thread of the clone
box i built for 4x ice-tube-tray cloners using a workhorse
8 and 4x 55watt PLL's and just haven't gotten around to it
yet, plus, i wanted to put a few here as it was here i learned
much of what i know about PLL's and it's only right i should
give back a little, lol.

anyway, here's a few pics as they are way more valuable
than my sorry words will ever be, lol.

what i started with.

what it looks like now from the front

and a few from behind, note i put an addition on the back.

and from the inside, 1 bulb up top for the clones and 3 down below for short-term vegging and to heat cloners.

and a couple more, lol.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
does my workhorse ballast need a 3-prong plug? i don't see a ground wire on it. or can i use just a regular 2-prong extension cord?

I have been running my Workhorse5 ballasts with a 2 prong extension cords for years without issues. I AM NOT AN ELECTRICIAN though so
take it for what it's worth

justanotherbozo

Veteran
I have been running my Workhorse5 ballasts with a 2 prong extension cords for years without issues. I AM NOT AN ELECTRICIAN though so
take it for what it's worth

i'd suggest you use a grounded plug, there is no such
thing as 'too' safe.

btw, an easy way to do that is to buy a heavy-duty
extension cord, like one of the orange ones, and cut
the female end off, then, just cut the male end to length
and wire it to the ballast (screw the ground wire to the
ballast itself)
that way, the plug itself is professionally done so less prone
to failure.

a heavy-duty extension should be no more than $10.00,
probably more like half that.

if you look at those pics above you can see i used a
black and yellow extension, i think it was 14 guage,
to 'extend' a power strip.(gives me an on\off switch)

big twinn

Veteran
You guys are great...the guy at my hard where store (a customer, whom is an electrician) threw me off on the wiring as he was instructing based on fluoros....now that everything is wired here are some pictures of my micro night table....mind you i just got the lights in...the cab is nowhere near complete...fan will be here monday, i have a tower fan blowing on it at the moment...still need to add a carbon scrubber, the bottom, ventilation, proper door and light proof it...but at least i can now use the power of these lights! the crappy 2 cfl 1 incandescent was being used far longer then i would have liked on these...the Mylar is great...already noticing a difference, they are much happier.
0626002310.jpg

0626002311-1.jpg

the plant with the yellow tipped leaves showed the fastest growth, 3 weeks old i introduced miricle grow fert. (only a 1/4 of a dose mixed in a gallon jug)..well that and the shitty jiffy peat starter seedling soil caused massive burn...i since, have transplanted them all into foxfarm ocean forest with an inch of those pebble (all boiled to prevent contamination) on the bottom for drainage...all plants are being LST, and the nute burned one has been FIM...soon to be the rest as well...so far they LOVE the new soil and lights/reflection!

0626002311a-1.jpg

The cab is obviously not finished...alot of work still needs to take place, but atleast i can use these lights for the time being!

0626002312.jpg

without the lights on...a little bit more of a view of the micro cab without the glare of the lights...sorry for the shitty cam. phone picks...but it at least gives the right idea

Damn anyone else notice how bright these are...when i first plugged it in i almost blinded myself...saw green spot for 15min lol....im going to be great friends with my polarized sunglasses these lights Rock!