What's new

PLL Club. (if you don't know, now you know)

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
weres the pics is what im saying?

ive seen beekas grow here were he ran a 72 watt standard t-8 and got 60 grams from clones, are u guys pulling anywere near a gram a watt with theese lights? im impressed n sold already, im just curious not asking for a justification

I just went back and read Beekaa's thread. IMHO the t8s did a better job than I would've expected but his 60g looked like a helluva lot of fluff and popcorn.

I run 252w of coiled CFL (getting ready to add or swap for PL-L) and I pulled 92g from my first harvest. (pics here)

PL-L is more efficient than CFL, so I'd expect your results with PL-L to be better than my CFL results.

i think the t-8s might be enough for my goals, even though beekas grow had a lot of stem so he probally got more like 50 grams off 70 watts thats still better then just about anybody ive seen with cfls or pl-ls, im still impressed with his grow since i first saw it years back.
if he choose to run say 300sih watts of theese lights hed have half a pound off t-8s, very impressive, luv u floro growers

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
i think the t-8s might be enough for my goals, even though beekas grow had a lot of stem so he probally got more like 50 grams off 70 watts thats still better then just about anybody ive seen with cfls or pl-ls, im still impressed with his grow since i first saw it years back.
if he choose to run say 300sih watts of theese lights hed have half a pound off t-8s, very impressive, luv u floro growers

My first abortive attempts at growing were with t8s and I'll tell you what I got: stringy, sad looking plants with 5"+ between internodes with little pathetic buds on them.

Maybe if you did a SOG of rooted clones and flipped immediately to 12/12 or SCROGed a single or couple of plants to a screen and kept the lights right on top of it, you could get decent results.

If you've already got the t8s, why not give it a shot (and share your results)?

Last edited:
high all, i've been meaning to post a thread of the clone
box i built for 4x ice-tube-tray cloners using a workhorse
8 and 4x 55watt PLL's and just haven't gotten around to it
yet, plus, i wanted to put a few here as it was here i learned
much of what i know about PLL's and it's only right i should
give back a little, lol.

anyway, here's a few pics as they are way more valuable
than my sorry words will ever be, lol.

what i started with.

what it looks like now from the front

and a few from behind, note i put an addition on the back.

and from the inside, 1 bulb up top for the clones and 3 down below for short-term vegging and to heat cloners.

and a couple more, lol.

i have that same thing ;)
:)

Garuda

Veteran
Hey dude, if you dont mid me asking...How much did you get from that. This is pretty much exactly what I am going to be doing.
Sorry for keepin you waiting that long, i didn't visit icmag for a while :) The results of that run were around 85 grams of finest quality weed :)

Greetings,
Garuda.

elemtee

hey all, thought i would add my new setup here..all info came from this thread :tiphat: many thanks.

went from 146w of coiled cfls

to 3x 55 watters and the tubes are 21". cab 23" from floor to ceiling.

only been one night and temps inside have softened up a bit. dont feel a wave of warmth opening the door and its blinding. upgrading ventilation is next, but so far im very pleased.

Garuda

Veteran
2x Original Haze (Seedsman) on soil, 2x55W PL-L:

They are on day 109 now, 12/12 since germination, the last 20 days or so 11/13.

On the right there are 2 hybrids (G13xBlack Widow F2 & Double Fun x Double Fun) running along, just to have some fun while waiting for the Haze ;)

Greetings,
Garuda.

big twinn

Veteran
so, tinkering with my cab resulted in me breaking 1 of my 2 6400k PLL bulbs, here is where i need your help. currently i have a 3000k flowering bulb in its place as replacement for the time being, but as far as ordering another PLL bulb which is most recommended for veg.
another 6400k, 6500, 5500k, 10000k,?????? also, is there any PLL that emits UV-B that would be better then the spectrums listed above?

thanks!, i'dd gladly appreciate the help as i need to order it ASAP!

Tilt

I use 4100k in veg. Just because thats what I got I will eventually get some 6500k or the Full spectrum bulbs that 1000 bulbs.com has

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Anybody know if 55w PLL are available in 2700k or 6500k? I've only found 3000k, 4000k and 5000k.

Garuda

Veteran
They are available in 3000K (830), 4000K (840) and 6500K (865) over here (Germany) produced by Philips and Osram, I use the 3000K for flowering and 6500K for veg, works perfectly.

twrex

You might want to look into aquarium lighting. I know that sunpaq is close with 40w or 65w @ 6700k (although only in the square pin arrangement). I'd imagine there must be similar options available from other aquarium light companies.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I cannot believe how these lights stack the plant. These clones were picked up three weeks ago today. They are under 330 watts of PLL. Four lamps are 4100K and two are 3000K. I have been moving the lights further away to try and get them to stretch a bit, but they just keep getting bushier. I think I need to get them under the screen pretty soon, but I really wanted a little more room to work under it.

Attachments

• Img_0396.jpg
    Img_0396.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 17

Phrenic

What do you guys think of this idea. I'm going to get 1 pair of the 6.4K and 1 pair of the 3K bulbs and then a workhorse 8 ballast. I plan on only using 3 of the 55w bulbs at a time because I know 4 55W bulbs is a little too much for a wh8. How hard is it to wire all of that together? I've never worked with too much electrical wiring before. Are the sockets the only things I have to buy to get everything hooked up?

Or should I just spend twice as much and get two of the 2x36w kits and pretty much get everything I need in a nice package. Slightly less lumens but a LOT less work.

someotherguy

Veteran
i have that same thing ;)
:)

sorry i didn't respond sooner man but yeah, your cab
is an awful lot like mine. hopefully you're getting good
results from it.

Anybody know if 55w PLL are available in 2700k or 6500k? I've only found 3000k, 4000k and 5000k.

high Anti, here is a link to a place that carries the 50's
and the 55's from 3000K to 6500K.

I cannot believe how these lights stack the plant. These clones were picked up three weeks ago today. They are under 330 watts of PLL. Four lamps are 4100K and two are 3000K. I have been moving the lights further away to try and get them to stretch a bit, but they just keep getting bushier. I think I need to get them under the screen pretty soon, but I really wanted a little more room to work under it.

high man, the reason you're plants are so short and
bushy is because you are using mostly blue light, if
you want them to stretch a bit, take a couple of the
4100K's off line for a while.

What do you guys think of this idea. I'm going to get 1 pair of the 6.4K and 1 pair of the 3K bulbs and then a workhorse 8 ballast. I plan on only using 3 of the 55w bulbs at a time because I know 4 55W bulbs is a little too much for a wh8. How hard is it to wire all of that together? I've never worked with too much electrical wiring before. Are the sockets the only things I have to buy to get everything hooked up?

high man, first, i've been told conflicting things in
regards to using the Workhorse 8 at maximum,
personally, when the weather is cool enough, ie
the winter, i run 4x 55watt bulbs in my cloning
factory with no problems so far.

also, if you read this thread thoroughly you will find
links to many different suppliers for all components
plus all the wiring info you could need.

frankly, wiring them up was easy peasy lemon squeazy,
although i must admit i have a little electrical know
how.

if you get the parts and you are having any trouble
just post up your questions and i or someone else
more qualified will be sure you get the info you need.

peace, SOG

Latest posts

Latest posts