What's new

PLL Club. (if you don't know, now you know)

No it will not, growth will be slightly slower though. Getting another bulb shouldn't be a massive investment imo.

leflll

budget is tight and I have 4 55 watt 3000k so I would have to buy 4 6000k bulbs to veg for 1 or 2 weeks. If it just takes longer I have more time then money just don't want to mess with the quality of the plant

If you're planning on 1-2week veg then I would perhaps get one or two 6000k bulbs but the difference won't be that drastic.

Just found a place here that sells a selection of 55W PL-L-s for 1.5$ each!! I just have to grow again with equipment this cheap :D
The ballasts cost about 15$ per 2x55W so I'm looking at a 220W PLL setup for ~35$!

I'm excited like a little girl! :D

:tiphat:

any chance they sell online? or sell the bases and clips? or would be willing to do mail order if someone happened to call in an order?
:thank you:

Sadly it's a single guy selling em in Eastern Europe so I guess it'd be too much of a hassle.

All the best,
:tiphat:

leflll, go start a grow thread, you'd get answers faster and wouldn't be littering random threads.

btw, they get around twice the height in most cases.

T

the_baked_chef

I plan on using 6 (or maybe 4) 55w Pl-ls in my new cabin, but i struggle to find/create a decent reflector.
There seems to be no possibility here to buy one and i do not have the practical skills to form my own one out of sheet steel as in the D.I.Y tutorial.
I did make a quite nice one out of solid cardboard and an emergency blanket, but i decided not to use it cause of the fire hazard...

Does anybody have an alternative idea what could be used as a reflector? I*m open for any suggestion. Like brainstorming ;o) Every input is welcomed, no critics from me.

edit: in a related matter. Is it safe to run 3 2x55 ballasts via the same power cord?

Jbonez

Veteran
hey guys, ill post some pics in a few weeks or so, just waiting on the tent.

Workhorse 7
3x 40w 3000k pl-ls (making a custom base to hang them vertical with a small circumference of chicken wire to keep the plants from touching the bulbs.)

Growlab GL40 1.4'x1.4'x4'
Phresh filter 4"
150cfm TD fan

All organic, bog and dutchgrown gear.

chef, it's okay to run the ballasts on one cord

try cutting and bending one of those thick aluminum foil oven pans (no idea what they're called) into a reflector

T

the_baked_chef

Well, thats quit a nice idea. I think even i would manage to bend one of those barbecue pans :eek:)

thx a lot. i`ll give it a try

oldone

I plan on using 6 (or maybe 4) 55w Pl-ls in my new cabin, but i struggle to find/create a decent reflector.
There seems to be no possibility here to buy one and i do not have the practical skills to form my own one out of sheet steel as in the D.I.Y tutorial.

Hi the_baked_chef;

I use the kits from AH Supply and their reflectors are excellent as are the kits. Check out my first grow here to see.

edit: in a related matter. Is it safe to run 3 2x55 ballasts via the same power cord?

Sure if wired properly..

Good Luck,
OO

M

m00nchild

For folks in the U.S. I recommend contacting ahsupply dot com for your PLL needs. They have the best reflectors on the market.

T

the_baked_chef

The reflectors from ahsupply do look great - and the 55w kit is much cheaper than what i paid for mine. However, it seems that they do not ship to europe :eek:(

I found a pretty good looking rain gutter in a hardware shop, thay probably will do the shop if i would line it with an emergency blanket.

I think i`ll try both; the barbecue pan and the rain gutter and then decide which does a better job :eek:)

Jbonez

Veteran
Here is my 120w pl-l vertical "assembly".

I went with a workhorse7 and Phillips bulbs.

Each 2g11 is attached to the board, and when wired will hang so all three pl-l's are hanging vertically.

Gonna be a show, havent grown in a while, got a Growlab GL40, Phresh Filter and 150cfm fan.

Intake will be passive, and i most likely wont veg long if it all.

shooting for 6oz's this run, stay tuned for the show in a week, ill start a thread in the vertical/micro thread havent decided!

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 19
  • download-4.jpg
    download-4.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 17
  • download-5.jpg
    download-5.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 20
  • download-7.jpg
    download-7.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 18

Tilt

I have a t12 tube guard with a 1 1/4" reducing bushing inside a 1 1/2" male pvc connector. The connector is installed in a 4 11/16" deep box with a 4" pc fan installed on top. The assembly is ran through a hole in the shelf into the flowering chamber. I have 6- 55 watt pll 3000k color temp. I will be setting up a grow diary thread soon. Maybe some club members would like to come check it out.