What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please Pray For Me

Grendelkhan

Hey Herb. I wanted to say that I really hope all is going well for you. I have managed to get thru all my shit and am on day number 9 today. I have been sleeping better for the last 3 days and just wanted to let you know that you can get threw it if you are truly ready to stop. Once all that shit is left your system and that empty feeling starts to fade, I think that you'll find life can be a beautiful thing. Keep busy, even if its just doing small shit around the house. Once that wall that you have created around you is gone your going to find that the world is waiting for you. Keep positive and much love.
GKhan.

D

DJXXPLATINUM

GOOD LUCK HERB.......SUBOXONE WILL HELP YOU OUT IMMENSELY....I HAVE FRIENDS THAT WERE ON HEROIN BAD AND IT HELPED THEM...DJ

RetroGrow

Veteran
Hello to everyone, I went to an appointment with a drug counselour and he told me with my drug use that it can be dangerous for me to quit cold turkey and that I should try and lower my dosage slowly. Until he gets the suboxone doc in, so then I can get on to that.

I love you all, keep praying because whatever you guys are doing is working :)

Whatever counselor told you that is wrong. Quitting opiates is NOT dangerous. Doing them is. And now you are talking about getting on something else. You need to make up your mind to get off all that crap, not substitute for something else. There is no "easy" way. You are going to feel crappy, that's all, you are not going to die.
Just resign yourself to feeling sick for a few weeks and then it will be over. You are just dragging it out and putting off the inevitable. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's reality. Taking other stuff as a substitute is just reinforcing your bad habits. Stop completely, put it behind you, and chalk it up to a lesson learned. Counselors can't do it for you. You have to do it. You still haven't made up your mind yet. You have the strength within yourself. Just have to find it. Imagine if you were locked up while you have your habit. You would be forced to go cold turkey in much harsher conditions, as many have. They survived and so will you.

One day at a time.....don't do it!

Keep it green.

Props for recognizing the problem and knowing you have to get off the shit.

Do it for your family....

One day at a time, get strong and healthy and stay off the shit!

Good luck I'm praying for ya

mdk ktm

Whatever counselor told you that is wrong. Quitting opiates is NOT dangerous. Doing them is. And now you are talking about getting on something else. You need to make up your mind to get off all that crap, not substitute for something else. There is no "easy" way. You are going to feel crappy, that's all, you are not going to die.
Just resign yourself to feeling sick for a few weeks and then it will be over. You are just dragging it out and putting off the inevitable. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's reality. Taking other stuff as a substitute is just reinforcing your bad habits. Stop completely, put it behind you, and chalk it up to a lesson learned. Counselors can't do it for you. You have to do it. You still haven't made up your mind yet. You have the strength within yourself. Just have to find it. Imagine if you were locked up while you have your habit. You would be forced to go cold turkey in much harsher conditions, as many have. They survived and so will you.

I have to disagree bro, being on suboxone has really given me time to straighten my mind out, and get over the point of wanting to be faded all day. It doesn't give you the same effects of a good opiate, it just gives you time to straighten things out. Atleast that is what it did for me. Its all about being 100% mentally ready. Otherwise you just fight yourself and make things harder.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
I have been doing much better recently, but I know there is still need for improvement. I need to start eating healthier and maybe start lifting weights a little more often, going for a run, etc...
Ya know, get a natural "rush", feels like I have absolutely no chemicals in my body left to make me feel happy. I take full responsibility for this but it really blows a biggy.

Love you all, i never would of thought Id have this much support! Your all my family, I straight up love you guys and gals.
:ying:

RetroGrow- Trust me, this was a medical professional and he told me that he garuntees me the most "tolerable" withdrawals and that Ill be in a great environment. I am not trying to substitute anything, having a needle in my arm is way worse then taking a drug to get off of a more deadly and addicting drug. Thanks for your input, it means a lot.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
focus on your inner strength, the very fiber of your being. use it to expose that lie that opiates created in you.
visualization helped me to discover what the drugs had obliterated, that my life was beautiful and i was gifted it by people with truth and energy in their souls (for lack of a better word), truth and energy that i sorely needed to return from where you are at now.
it happened...2 years hence, but not without marys help.
you can do it, it certainly is worth it. determination and the truth, your allies.
peace to you and yours

lockehead

Its up to you bro. Are u going to let this drug take control of yourself? U need to be strong. U need to realize that u dont need this shit. That somewhere in your life you went down the wrong path and started using it. And just as well, you can go back to where you were before you started. Im sure you are having problems or else you wouldnt had started or continued using these drugs. You need to face them without resorting to the drug as your crutch.

M

Mr. Mountain

Remember what I said! Go to the hospital, Get detoxed. I would not recommend an opiate blocker, just my .02 you have to come off eventually and synthetic opiates have NASTY withdraw symptoms.

Once you get out of detox eat, hit the gym, listen to new uplifting music, take melatonin for insomnia and GO GET LAID! (now that your not A.F.U. and you have lead in your pencil again)

And when you feel the urge to get loaded in those first few days/weeks/months make a batch of cannabis oil and get BAKED.

You can PM me anytime,

Mr. M

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
...feels like I have absolutely no chemicals in my body left to make me feel happy.

A good anti-depressant might be of benefit to you. I take them and probably will the rest of my life. I have what's referred to as Dysthymia or Chronic Depression because my brain doesn't produce enough of the chemicals that makes one feel happy (been this way since I was a teenager). But what is happiness really? I like to think (I read this somewhere) it is being at peace with oneself and the world. It happens when your mind (intent), body (action),and spirit(conscience) vibrate in unison. A rare occurrence when you leave it to chance but one that can happen all the time if you consciously seek it. Anti-depressants alone have never been enough for me. I have to continually seek happiness or it eludes me. Happiness is what you make of it. So choose to be happy just as you are choosing to be sober.

You can do it man. This is just part of the recovery/healing process. Hang in there.

GreatLakes THC "joint:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I second the cannabis oil idea.

I've wondered how effective it would be while I've been unable to get off of the couch but still totally satisfied.... that seems very beneficial for getting off junk.

I also second the continually seeking happiness or it eluding me...

Keep on keeping on!

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
good luck from another ex-junkie. Well done for getting your shit together. Do what ever you need to do to get off the gear (not K though-that shit's a nightmare you don't need right now-seriously)-and don't get too disheartened if there are set backs-

if the Doc says that he will give you something to ease the pain, ina groovy situation, that sounds great. The less unpleasant that it is the more likely you are to get through it.

Keep looking for support-family can help but they can be a PITA sometimes-support groups are IMO v good-even if you don't fully agree with the ethos-or they seem a bit cheesy-you don't have to stay forever-it's good to have support from other people going through the same shit

you're doing the right thing

eddieS

eyes

Veteran
hope you get better.Had a guy that i knew get caught out on that shit.Ruined business completely.Just not worth it.Smoke the herb,be happy.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
I have some friends that identify themselves completely with the substances they abuse.
You're too good for that shit. You are not your past actions or highs or lows. Reborn every second. You have a choice.

You have the rest of your life to live. Many years to build the life and happiness you desire.

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
It aint a "lady".... ITS A BITCH..

Make some fucking strong.. PURE BUD hemp oil with 99% rubbing alcohol...

and knock your self out for a few dayz..

It most certainly can be done.... I used to know the bitch Oxy... then her sister Suboxone... Kicked em both out of my life with the cure mentioned above... after many years

Peace

jd4083

Veteran
Hope all is as well as it can be. Many (most?) of us have been there in one way or another, and it does get better. The light at the end of the tunnel isn't always a train coming. ;)

Think positively, take control of your life to the fullest extent possible, and when you need help -- ask for it. Don't be afraid to call a friend, family member, sponsor (if you're working some sort of program), whatever. Much as I had to fight it, it turns out that talking out your problems really does do wonders. A caveat on suicide, that talking thing? Really helps there too brotha. :tiphat: Get your "bad" deeds or whatever issue has you drowning out your emotions and connection with the world around you off of your chest and let someone else worry about it for a while.

Oh, and that guy above mentioned something about some hash oil...that'll doer for sure. Hard to feel dope sick when you're in an herb-induced coma for 20 hours a day. Dose heavy, it's not like you're gonna die from it (or the H, for that matter...it sucks, but it ain't gonna kill ya...remember that). :tiphat:

jd4083

Veteran
I have some friends that identify themselves completely with the substances they abuse.
You're too good for that shit. You are not your past actions or highs or lows. Reborn every second. You have a choice.

You have the rest of your life to live. Many years to build the life and happiness you desire.

Post of the year. :tiphat::thank you: