What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

planting killer bagseeds in the woods.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
any updates on this ?

looks to be going quite good for you.... for a set and forget type grow

blackone

Veteran
Yeah it looks like it can make it:) Do you see any preflowers yet?
I can't stop thinking what just a little bit of preperation could have done to the spot though - no more than just digging up the soil, mixing with compost or ferts + perhaps a bit of lime, pregrowing the seedlings in cups and then putting them out.

Hey if you can snip some clones from backyard or indoor grow it's not too late yet :) When is the first frost coming in your place? You could also do more seeds with better preperation and still be harvesting something worthwhile.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Ok Ill get some new pix eather on 19th or 20th.

also I tied it down just a little bit so it will maybe bush out.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
new pix. cam phone. but I think I saw some white hairs on it to day.
I think its doing great for a seed that I droped on the ground and watered. also the under growth is growing good too.

THC123

Veteran
yeah she is doing great for a seed just dropped there , maybe u could add a bit of lime and npk??

R

randude101

I am pulling for you Cheese.

I think people get excited about this, although many say it is waste of time. It is never a waste of time to go for a hike in the wood.

I think you should have put in a bit more prep work, but then that will increase the chance of it getting found and you need to make sure you don't make a walking trail that you could see from the sky. As long as it is small and out of the way you should be okay.

Great show.

You have sources of N, obviously since you have green weeds. Looks like micro or macro deficient, but some nice earth. Woods has natural material to hold moisture, but forest compost was made by the local plants for themselves. A top dressing and some PH'd liquid ferts will make that plant soar. Some perlite or rocks at the bottom of the hole would of helped drainage. That may be water damage with some minor deficiencies. Composted forest matter is great, but will hold to much moisture. It's better to take the forest compost, a rotted log, some composted leaves, and put those in a rocky hill that say looks south then mix. A rocky hill will drain, just looks at where Afghani to Pakistani works wonders. A little sand, a little powdered rock, a little worn down clay, mixed with composted forest and that is a good natural mix. Around my part of the world, there is a ton of calcium and the forest turns acidic when composted. All and all it still requires some fertilizer to be brought in, as well as animal repellents.

You could still dig that plant up, hide it better among other vegetation. That is some wet earth, it is not that bad digging a hole to leach your ferts into hard earth.

R

randude101

In the history of human beings, and our homo predecessors, it all started out as hunting and gathering. The thing that made the humans evolve is that we would take something wild and create an environment that was better or more efficient. Domesticating crops and animals is how we evolved.

Weed will grow wild without any care, but it will do better if we give it basic care.

Some crops are not domesticated and do fine. What you have is natural selection promoting the better genes until you get to land race.

Just taking a seed and planting it will probably produce something, but your chances are slim of getting something fantastic. One gene leans towards basic survival and another leans towards potentcy. In a case where you are letting nature take it's course you will need to plant a lot of seeds.

It is a crap shoot, but fun none-the-less. none-the-less.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I am pulling for you Cheese.

I think people get excited about this, although many say it is waste of time. It is never a waste of time to go for a hike in the wood.

I think you should have put in a bit more prep work, but then that will increase the chance of it getting found and you need to make sure you don't make a walking trail that you could see from the sky. As long as it is small and out of the way you should be okay.

Great show.

thanks for stoping by and for the comments guys.
1 week agoI added some super thrive. and my crappy cam phone sucks ass for close up pix.

also the woods I am working with R in the suburbs. so I have to be very very very careful to not get busted or ripped off.

I only did this to see if it would be possable to do. once SHE starts to flower Ill add some flowering ferts.

also I have a backyard grow and a closet grow.:woohoo:
so Im all good there.

Ill update my backyard grow in a bit.:abduct::joint:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
:mad: my canera phone is broken.:mad:

but SHE is very healthy.saw some tiny hairs on her the other day.
and she also now grew some arms.

so If I yield an oz or close to it Ill bee happy.:abduct:

new pix in 2 weeks or so. if I can find a small camera.

stay safe all u gorilla growers.

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
You should take some clones from that,just to be able to save the genetics. Maybe you want to use it later? Plus if it was KILL I`ll be damned not getting some clones. Good luck and much success to you! I am pulling up a chair for this one! Just my :2cents:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
dammmmm I so pissed off that my camera phone is busted. need to get a new phone.

I so wanted to take some pix of my forest girl today. she is starting to get bushy now.
Im thinking she'll yield and oz or more. eather way she looks really really healthy. very nice and green.

pitch black goes the hacky sack. lol puff puff pass.
pray with me that she makes it all the way to oct-november.

THC123

Veteran
I'm lighting a joint for a bountyful harvest for you cheesey!

May you get lots of dank bud:D(love that expression heard it first on icmag DANK!!!)

:abduct::abduct:

Um.. outdoor seems much easier to me then indoor? Plant em in a good spot and they grow, indoors they are finicky as fuck :2cents:

think again, outdoors is 100 times tougher than indoors, hard work, then uv gor to worry bout them being eaten by flyies slugs etc.. being found.......

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Ok so I got a new phone. so that means new pix. 100% female.:woohoo:

so how does she look now. I hope she can make it all the way to november.
my first though when droping a seed in this spot back when. was that its not gunna have any chance to grow at all. And now look at her.:woohoo:

knock on wood.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

floydfanx6

cheese,,try putting those seeds in a wet paper towel to sprout them,,then throw them in the ground ,ul improve yr chances of having more babys :p

Hail

Whats up cheese, I live in Central Texas and the first grow I ever did was by a creek near my house like 5 years ago when I was 16. I planted probably 80-120 seeds all over the place just by stepping them into the dirt with my foot after a good rain. The only fert I used was some cheap ass fert steaks from wal-mart. The strain was just seeds I had collected from alot of mexican brick weed and I ended up with about 50 plants all growing over the place but then it rained for probably a week straight and most of the plants were too close to the creek so most of them died but I was left with probably 5 females and for some reason 4 of them were really short (like 3 feet tall at harvest) and one was about 10 feet haha. I only got about a half pound off of all of them because I harvested way too early. (in early august)

Latest posts

Latest posts