What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

planting killer bagseeds in the woods.

Kaneh

Hey, why some of you make growing mj outdoors so fucking difficult!
It's WEED, it grows basicly anywhere without any care!!!

You need to go to see plants 2 times, to plant them and harvest!
3 times if you want sinsemilla (to take males out).
And I want sinsemilla so I go 3 times.

OR, you can plant seeds for next summer when you go to harvest!
So actually you only need to go there once a year!!! :bashhead:

And about watering and nutrients:
-You're not trying to grow anything in desert, right?
Is there any other vegetation? Where do they get water and nutrients?
Your MJ will get it from the same place!
Just don't put them in buckets.
I dig small hole where I put little soil, so my plants get good start. When they get little bigger they can fight other vegetation on their own.
:dueling:
And NO plastic in the hole!!! This way roots can grow freely and find water if it's dry.

This way if I start with 30 plants, normally I get harvest from around 10 plants.
Or sometimes if really bad luck, zero. But offcourse growing this way you can't be 100% sure of succes of your crop...

just my :2cents:...

Last edited:
i would have to agree with everyone. with current laws making it illegal to grow its tough to grow from bag seed because you end up with many males. this makes it critical to visit during the first 3 weeks of flowering. if you leave them until harvest you will have all males i guarantee it.. that many seeds close together??? there will be at least 50% males even more i think. it will be a mess and if you get caught with a worthless mess you would be better off springing for fem seeds and doing it that way..

antimatter

Veteran
Another good point is starting the seeds in a secure place is important for the first 1-2 weeks of life, I want to make sure im putting out plants and not seeds that may or may not survive germination. I just feel it would be better to not just toss the seed somewhere and hope it grows, but grow it a little so you know your putting out something that's gonna work. It would suck throwing out a few hundred seeds and have birds eat em up, a little extra work, and if its a security risk at least germinate them before putting them out.

Gist

The story of the guy throwing seeds out and coming back and harvesting such good results (if he never weeded out males or checked on the plants) sounds like urban myth. However, planting your seeds and giving it a shot is better than putting them in the trash! Good luck, it might take a few years of trying to get it right, might as well start now.

peace

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
And about watering and nutrients:

-You're not trying to grow anything in desert, right? I planted them in the sunny spot in the woods neer a stream.

Is there any other vegetation? there is some plants that look a lot like weed plants and there growing very very nice.

Where do they get water and nutrients? they get water from a stream around 2- 2 1/2 feet away.

Will your MJ get water/nuts from the same place? yes from mother earth.

there roots r gunna get to grow freely and find water if it's dry.

If this don't work out no biggie. I'll still have my backyard yard grow.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
OK so now there is a lil plant growing in 1 of my spots. yea. but it is pritty small for a month old. so maybe it doesn't get as much sun as I first thought.

or maybe it doesn't get enought water. also I planted some more seeds in the same spot.
hope they grow. so I gave them some very very nice looking pond water.

and no one couldn't even see this lil spot if tryed to. cuz noone goes back there that I know of.

I'll take a pic of it/them at the end of april of middle of may.

also this was the first day I have been to see it in a month.
+ it survied through a hail storm even.

peace cheese bud.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Ok so there is 1 plant growing. yea.
so out of a dosen or so seeds there is 1 so far and its 1 foot tall. I might need to feed it in the next 2 weeks. also been putting more seeds in this spot every so often.but they arn't growen.:mad:
well hope its a female.
and I hope it grows bigger by august.:yeahthats

grimcreeper

Pull the other growth around it and pile some nice leafy mulch around that thing. You can use the crumbly leaves and dead veg matter from the forest floor. It'll prevent other plants from interupting your sprouts growth. Good luck! I tried a grow like this unsuccessfully when I was much younger. Didn't put out plants, just scattered seed. I got nothing, but I wish you better luck!

THC123

Veteran
hey cheesey

Next time be sure to make holes with good soil mixes. Never rely on the soil in a spot.

Weed will grow anywhere , but you want it to be growing normally or healthy and not slowly , i learned this lesson few years ago.

In 5 months 50 cm long plants lol

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
here is a new pix. this one gets a lot of great sun.
I have to cross a big stream and hike a small mountain then walk 40-50 feet then crall under a tree then here it is.:woohoo:

Last edited:

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
Looks a little hungry. That pic of your foot is def not a ladies foot. Didnt you say you were a girl?

dkmonk

Put them in a pot, this will lessen bugs and shit getting them and then transplant to ground when big enough.

I have had horrible luck planting straight into dirt in the woods, unless it is a raised bed or in pots.

basspirate

Hey Cheese, I hope your venture goes well!! If you have land and seeds-why the fuck not pop 'em in the ground and hope for the best! It sounds like a fairy tale to drop some seeds in spring and come back in fall to collect pounds of sticky outdoor goodness.

This is an interesting thread as I am doing my first outdoor grow (actually first grow-period).

I am going to be growing in an abandoned lot next to my place. It's a grown over jungle with like 10 foot high weeds/weed trees...I live along a country highway that connects two towns and I don't think that it would be humanly possible for anyone to see from the road, and it's so bushy in there that I don't think anyone besides myself would be dumb enough to go in.

This poses the question; how much space around the plant do I need to clear out? I don't want all of this random growth sucking all the nutrients and water away from my plants-but definitely want them near for cover. I will be mixing in some good store bought top-soil and fertilizing as often as needed.

My seeds are also bagseeds off of some decent buds I have acquired, I am thinking of starting with 10 seedlings. I have five that are currently going strong, one sprout that already pooped out and some more fat seeds germing at the moment. Do you think it's reasonable to hope for two females out of ten seeds? ...even if it's random bagseed?

Thanks to all for reading!

p.s. total noob question that I should probably dig up my own answer for; did i read that i won't be able to tell the sex of my plants until the second week of flowering (I assume late august/early/late sept???

Molson

My seeds are also bagseeds off of some decent buds I have acquired, I am thinking of starting with 10 seedlings. I have five that are currently going strong, one sprout that already pooped out and some more fat seeds germing at the moment. Do you think it's reasonable to hope for two females out of ten seeds? ...even if it's random bagseed?

p.s. total noob question that I should probably dig up my own answer for; did i read that i won't be able to tell the sex of my plants until the second week of flowering (I assume late august/early/late sept???

2/10 females is more than reasonable. Mathematically speaking, 50% of your seeds should be female. 5/10 is reasonable.

Mid-July or so you should be able to tell sex.

To the op, I have pictures of a bagseed plant that I threw out in the woods that I'll try to dig up. 6ft tall, yielded around 2-3 oz... half of which I lost to mold. I could've doubled or tripled the yield if I had brought in soil and used decent ferts though.

basspirate

Thanks Molson. I figured it would be a reasonable guess. I'm mainly just trying to get some growing skills with this first attempt, so I won't be totally heartbroken if/when I lose some of them to sex; but I still want some dank at the end of the season.

Also, someone in another thread said at my latitude (40 degrees) I have a good chance of all of them going herm-does that sound familiar?? :yoinks:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
2/10 females is more than reasonable. Mathematically speaking, 50% of your seeds should be female. 5/10 is reasonable.

To the op, I have pictures of a bagseed plant that I threw out in the woods that I'll try to dig up. 6ft tall, yielded around 2-3 oz... half of which I lost to mold. I could've doubled or tripled the yield if I had brought in soil and used decent ferts though.

getting 2-3 oz off mine would rock.
also I found a bucket out there that I can give some extra water with.
I am glad that there is a stream next to my grow spot.

also I saw a new baby mj plant growing next to the first plant.:woohoo:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Ok so heres new pix.
Its looken great for just droping a bagseed on mother earth's ground and watering it in.

:woohoo:

Last edited:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran

did u ever find that pic.