What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

planting killer bagseeds in the woods.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Ok so I planted some seeds DEEP in the woods behind my house.
this is just an experiment

I rember reading a thread on 1 of the growing forum sites I used to go to back in the day.
where this guy planted some 15-20 seeds in the woods by a stream in may then came back in november to get his harvest.
and there was a bunch of 8 foot tall bushes with buds from top to bottem of the plants.

he did have a few pix I forgot to save them to my pc so I can prove that I did see pix befor.

planted them in the woods behind my house and I planted them where there is good growing vegetation around 1 1/2-2 feet away from an all year long stream.for real all year long.:woohoo:
ok so my question is how well will the seeds from dank bud I bought grow?
The spot I like in the woods gets a lot of all day sun.

I hope all of this makes since. I want all ur :2cents: on this please thanks.
and say what ever u think.

You could always try your idea, but outdoor growing is not that easy. You have to take care of your ladies in order to ensure quality bud and decent yields.

greenatik

Um.. outdoor seems much easier to me then indoor? Plant em in a good spot and they grow, indoors they are finicky as fuck :2cents:

sixheads

I used to live on the water and i would get in a conoe and plant little babaies all along the waters edge . I would find a nice spot maybe 10 feet off the shor and put 2 in. One year i started 20 donky dick seeds and ended up with 6 or 8 females and 3 pounds of smoke it was a great winter.

I didnt do much checked them 3 days after i planted them and then hit them with maybe 2 veg feeding and then 2 feedings of flower food. I was ther maybe 4 or 5 times all year.

Sixheads

antimatter

Veteran
You could always try your idea, but outdoor growing is not that easy. You have to take care of your ladies in order to ensure quality bud and decent yields.

Depends if its full sun the buds are gonna be rock hard and frosty as hell, just a matter of having some time release fertilizer and keeping them watered which planting in an area with a high water table would do it. We can't control the genetics of a plant they do there own thing, all we have to do is keep them from drying up, harvesting on time and curing them properly..

D

Despie

I like turtles...

But no seriously dude I dont doubt this will work but the odds of it working out the way it worked out for that guy are pretty slim

-Despie

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
thanks for yall's :2cents:.

I guess will juse have to see what happends.

I like this one.
Depends if its full sun the buds are gonna be rock hard and frosty as hell, just a matter of having some time release fertilizer and keeping them watered which planting in an area with a high water table would do it. We can't control the genetics of a plant they do there own thing, all we have to do is keep them from drying up, harvesting on time and curing them properly..

and this one.
ended up with 6 or 8 females and 3 pounds of smoke it was a great winter.
I didnt do much checked them 3 days after i planted them and then hit them with maybe 2 veg feeding and then 2 feedings of flower food. I was ther maybe 4 or 5 times all year.

Molson

Truth.

My first outdoor grow I had 2 seedlings going (bagseed). But only one made it to the guerrilla plot. Planted it in native soil. Luckily it turned out to be female. 2 Miracle grow feedings. I lost the top cola and more to mold, but I'd say the total yield was ~2+ ounces. Had I did it 'right', I could have been looking at 6+ ounces. Ya feel me?

But that's what you'll be looking at. It's naive to think that you can just throw some seeds in the woods, come back in 6 months and have monster dank trees. Deer, rippers, flooding, bad wind storms.. there's many ways you can get fucked.

You're better off stacking the odds in your favor by buying quality genetics, bringing in good soil, or amending the native soil, sexing the plants and ripping the males, and then fertilizing them bitches. I mean, if you can, why not?

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
my guess is animals will eat half, nature will destroy some, and the rest will be nasty males.

i hate optimism if you couldnt tell

sixheads

Hi , I am the canoe story guy.

I probabaly put out like 10 or 12 and ended up with 6 or 8 females. Remeber Donky Dick is a huge production plant if i would have been there more and done any work at all i would have got more. I am not complaining it was great . I wish i could do it again but i live in the city....

I have seen people get a pound a plant off Donkey Dick, completly finished by mid september in ontario.

Sixheads

antimatter

Veteran
The guy isn't asking if he can just f*ck off and leave them to pollinate each other, you obviously pull the males on time thats a given, animals are just a fact of growing outdoors if you visit twice a week you can still get your plants eaten and knocked over and flooded and all that shit.. you can't honestly think you can stop a hurricane/flood from destroying your plants just from visiting .. some of you guys are hilarious, he just wants to know if its possible to grow plants without being a Nazi gardener, and I say it depends on the spot, if you live in the middle of Morocco its not gonna happen.. or if your growing in the rainy season in the amazon its not gonna work out for you. Theres always going to be a % of plants that your gonna loose, so just grow 4x as many plants as you wanna bring home in a bunch of different spots, problem solved.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
The guy isn't asking if he can just f*ck off and leave them to pollinate each other, you obviously pull the males on time thats a given, animals are just a fact of growing outdoors if you visit twice a week you can still get your plants eaten and knocked over and flooded and all that shit.. you can't honestly think you can stop a hurricane/flood from destroying your plants just from visiting .. some of you guys are hilarious, he just wants to know if its possible to grow plants without being a Nazi gardener, and I say it depends on the spot, if you live in the middle of Morocco its not gonna happen.. or if your growing in the rainy season in the amazon its not gonna work out for you. Theres always going to be a % of plants that your gonna loose, so just grow 4x as many plants as you wanna bring home in a bunch of different spots, problem solved.

U mean gal/ladie. but thats cool.

and yes i want to only have to go and check on then around 4-5 times in the year. Id use slow release ferts.

this is just an experiment. and I live in south texas.

this is some great :2cents: u guys have.

sixheads

Antimatter is right (and a bit harsh). I have had no luck with time release ferts. But you might. And unless you buy female seeds or use clones hes right youll have to check them for males.

I plan to do the same just start some female seeds and put them hidden in the bush check them 4 or 5 times if that, and hope i get a years smoke. So far i have been lucky.

God luck

Sixheads

antimatter

Veteran
U mean gal/ladie. but thats cool.

and yes i want to only have to go and check on then around 4-5 times in the year. Id use slow release ferts.

this is just an experiment. and I live in south texas.

this is some great :2cents: u guys have.

I don't think Texas would be wet enough unless your at a high elevation with higher rainfall and water table. Its all relative to where you live I dont think just anybody can leave there plants alone and let nature take care of them, you really gotta know your area, but im saying if the water table is high enough sky is the limit and 10 feet away from where your plants are it might be to dry.

antimatter

Veteran
Antimatter is right (and a bit harsh). I have had no luck with time release ferts. But you might. And unless you buy female seeds or use clones hes right youll have to check them for males.

I plan to do the same just start some female seeds and put them hidden in the bush check them 4 or 5 times if that, and hope i get a years smoke. So far i have been lucky.

God luck

Sixheads
Time release fertilizers only release fertilizer slowly when they get wet, so having any long dry spells or a generally a dry area is going to make them useless, Id imagine some of the time release out there is no good, time release doesn't just have to be chemical, you can ammend with organics instead if you want. Follow the directions.. hows that for harsh lol jking

ManillaGuerilla

I don't think Texas would be wet enough unless your at a high elevation with higher rainfall and water table. Its all relative to where you live I dont think just anybody can leave there plants alone and let nature take care of them, you really gotta know your area, but im saying if the water table is high enough sky is the limit and 10 feet away from where your plants are it might be to dry.

Agree. Keeping the plants alive during the July/August hot season will be a major task. Again, your grow area will determine how many visits it will take to ensure a harvest.

T

theratings

it depends on your area of the woods. you can plant some and come back and get mature budded females, but unless you're familiar with the area, it's a crap shoot quite frankly. if you already know about your spot though, then the best of luck. i hope they have enough sun light and water.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Add water holding crystals to your soil mix.. there amazing can hold water 15x there weight makes soils vent better as well, and you dont need to water 1/2 as much plus it helps time release fertilizers!

cannanaut

IN 2003 I had grown 4 pounds of solid bud just by throwing seeds in prepared quality soil. No ferts and watering at all! BUT i threw about 400-500 seeds in place that was about 10 sq foot. Threw seeds in March and end with 10 pretty ladys in October. I live at 45° North and place of growing was full of sun( think that sun is crucial factor).