What's new

Place for Dummies to Hang

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Vdk6D.jpg

Buddy Holly

whats it called when a guy is doing you in the ass and another is pissing in your mouth?

an election year!

im here all weekend, folks. try the veal.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
After that jaw dropper over a week ago, I'm not sure.

Tell people that you will give them things; that you will unburden their lives from personal responsibility, and they will vote for you.

I like to think of my self as an optimist, but as I have gained more experience, I have become more cynical.

We as a nation are moving towards an Idiocracy, run by intellectually dishonest thugs.

R.Fortune

Jbonez

Veteran
After that jaw dropper over a week ago, I'm not sure.

Tell people that you will give them things; that you will unburden their lives from personal responsibility, and they will vote for you.

I like to think of my self as an optimist, but as I have gained more experience, I have become more cynical.

We as a nation are moving towards an Idiocracy, run by intellectually dishonest thugs.

R.Fortune

Its so much more bro... The entire "experience" of life is one big very complex array of illusions, we are attempting to navigate nothingness.. Tomorrow, a set of events are going to unfold not as we predict them, not as we wish, or fear, they simply will just happen, and the only way they could have. This is the nature of things, we cant control anything, we have no control, we are in fact, completely out of control.

unspoken

Its so much more bro... The entire "experience" of life is one big very complex array of illusions, we are attempting to navigate nothingness.. Tomorrow, a set of events are going to unfold not as we predict them, not as we wish, or fear, they simply will just happen, and the only way they could have. This is the nature of things, we cant control anything, we have no control, we are in fact, completely out of control.

Man, I get that idea sometimes. Basically that everything is the way it is because that is the only way it could be. I know that sounds weird, and needs a lot of thought, but it's a thought that keeps coming back to me. One day I'll try to sort it out. :smokeit:

Jbonez

Veteran
Man, I get that idea sometimes. Basically that everything is the way it is because that is the only way it could be. I know that sounds weird, and needs a lot of thought, but it's a thought that keeps coming back to me. One day I'll try to sort it out. :smokeit:

I try not to have more than 4 existential episodes a day.. Its brutal, and why I live in my computer. I got issues..

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think what he means is drop a fucking bomb on DC and start over, we obviously missed something...
That's the long and short of it. There needs to be a "Great Purge" :joint:
I realize that's what he means. I'm just asking if he thinks that's a more workable/possible/beneficial solution than tax reform.
Yes, I believe all the talk of tax reform is laughable to be honest. The fiscal situation when compared to changing demographics is so unattenable that its bread and circuses IMO. We are driving 200mph towards the cliff and arguing if we should slow it down to 180 or 175.

I believe corruption is so deeply rooted in our fascist system that short of mass Nuremberg like trails we are wasting our time. Completely corrupt political system's usually fail first and are then purged when the people realize it was all bullshit.
What do you think of the idea that the miserable failure of the GOP lately is about to give birth to a viable new party?
I reckon the failure of the system at large will eventually give birth to a more viable system. The collapse of the Red Team Statist party is a symptom of the larger issue.

unspoken

That's the long and short of it. There needs to be a "Great Purge" :joint:
Yes, I believe all the talk of tax reform is laughable to be honest. The fiscal situation when compared to changing demographics is so unattenable that its bread and circuses IMO. We are driving 200mph towards the cliff and arguing if we should slow it down to 180 or 175.

I believe corruption is so deeply rooted in our fascist system that short of mass Nuremberg like trails we are wasting our time. Completely corrupt political system's usually fail first and are then purged when the people realize it was all bullshit.
I reckon the failure of the system at large will eventually give birth to a more viable system. The collapse of the Red Team Statist party is a symptom of the larger issue.

So do you think by seceding, people would come out any better than if it just happened on its own then we regrouped after, or just that it would all be done with sooner?

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's a good thing. It's ok to be cynical. It's called being a realist. Plus, you'll make better jokes cause you'll learn to laugh at all the BS.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So do you think by seceding, people would come out any better than if it just happened on its own then we regrouped after, or just that it would all be done with sooner?
Yes, because that means large group of people would have taken active steps to break away from the central dictatorial authority. The sooner the real issues are dealt with the better. Kicking the can down the road and pushing the load more and more onto the younger generation will just make them that much more violent when they realize the consequences of what's been done to them.

unspoken

Cynicism most commonly displays an outward attitude of scornful and jaded negativity. Negativity is most often a barrier to seeking a resolution and/or finding the ultimate truth.

There is such a thing as a healthy level of "skepticism" that openly questions matters and seeks the truth without harboring unhealthy negativity.

unspoken

Yes, because that means large group of people would have taken active steps to break away from the central dictatorial authority. The sooner the real issues are dealt with the better. Kicking the can down the road and pushing the load more and more onto the younger generation will just make them that much more violent when they realize the consequences of what's been done to them.

so you would rather deal with it yourself than have future generations deal with it. That's noble. Of course I don't agree that there is something as drastic to be dealt with as you do, but the attitude you have with your beliefs is an admirable one.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so you would rather deal with it yourself than have future generations deal with it. That's noble. Of course I don't agree that there is something as drastic to be dealt with as you do, but the attitude you have with your beliefs is an admirable one.
I look at what's been done all over the western world and view it as one of the worst crimes against humanity that's ever been perpetuated. The current and newly past generations have borrowed and spent the future generations wealth to fund corporate and social welfare states, conquests of empire, and immoral wars. We live it up today with no thought of who is going to have to pick up the tab tomorrow.

Say you take a group of friends out to dinner at a really bad ass restaurant. You order a huge filet mingon, lobster, crab legs, escargot, and vintage wines. They all get house salads and water. They are still excited to order their food having sat their and watched you stuff your face and get drunk. You call the waiter over and they are really getting excited now. You whisper to the waiter to go get the bill and then excuse yourself to the bathroom where you proceed to climb out the window and run away. Your friends can't pay your five thousand dollar tab and so they all end up in prison working on the chain gang until the debt is paid which at 25c a day wages plus interest will take a lifetime.

Hyperbolic, yes, but you catch my drift. What has and is being done is immoral and there are inevitable consequences to immorality. They can be prolonged for a long time, but not forever. If one of your friends ever escapes the chain gang and finds you, you can expect a shank in the ear. That will be our atonement.

"You" being the collective. Not you personally.

Last edited:

unspoken

The immorality comes from tax policy. There is nothing inherently immoral about the US having a high debt. We aren't really passing the debt to future generations we are redistributing it poorly due to a bad tax policy.

Jbonez

Veteran
Unspoken, with the majority of people lacking the intellectual prowess to realize that indeed there is vale over their eyes, a "perception" is propagated to the point that it becomes part of our reality.. We want to believe certain things...

But like our poor friend Plato, who plead to the masses, we, the clever witnesses emerge as heretics as a result of our observations... There is no one man responsible for the injustices that have resulted from our corrupt politicians, its a collective corruption that is now become a seething mass, a tumor...

We arent intelligent enough as a species to advance from this pathetic finger pointing and and name calling.. Its a shame really..

Im reminded of a movie where the plot centers around a lone traveler, who stumbles on a civilization ruled by a tyrant.. He comes in, takes out the corruption and is called a hero.

Our "tyrant" cannot be removed, for it is not a person, rather a collective clusterfuckery that has grown to the point that its even labeled taboo to make mention of it...

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
People want "strong leaders". It's a design flaw in human beings, frankly. Very few are capable of thinking for themselves. Fewer still are comfortable with the responsibility that comes with the ability to think for themselves.

Most want others to make the decisions. It's less work and gives them an easy out if and when things don't pan out. People love a scapegoat. It soothes their ego and affords them the ability to bullshit themselves to a point that they not only do they not feel responsible, they don't even feel bad about it happening.

Many people do not want responsibility, period. Which is why they are so quick to relent on matters of personal freedom. It comes with an inherent level of responsibility, the sooner they are free of that burden the better. If you're not one of those people it's maddening to live in the world with them because so much of your day to day existence is subject to the conditions in which they have accepted, in some cases even asked for, yet you want nothing to do with.

As Voltaire said, the tyranny of many would be that of a body which invaded the rights of other bodies.

Jbonez

Veteran
Cynicism most commonly displays an outward attitude of scornful and jaded negativity. Negativity is most often a barrier to seeking a resolution and/or finding the ultimate truth.

Im sure the religious community would find you to be the same no?

I could have a polite conversation with anyone anytime on any topic, but religion and politics nearly always nets a heated and sometimes disgusting debate, not because I cannot accept my oppositions views, rather I find their views to be logically incoherent and are thus inferior to my own. Maybe thats a problem on my end, but I seriously doubt it, if I weigh in to point out a flaw, it has an inordinate amount of thinking that went into it, whereas I hear alot of things being said merely because they have been said in the past.. People cannot think for themselves.

Latest posts

Latest posts