Votes: 92 46.0%
  • wild wolf

Votes: 108 54.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Whatever

About 175 lbs is the MAX one weighs...that's on the very high end of the scale with the low end being about 65 lbs and the average supposedly around 100 lbs.

I still vote for a pit.

A

Afghanicus

pitbulls are not large dogs. The wolf would definitely fight to defend itself but it wouldn't pick the fight. The woolf definitely has the size advantage and stamina and agility as well as ferocity to match, even if its fighting instinct is not as strong as a pit bull. I would think it hard for a pitbull to win against the wild creature. Either way i wouldn't like to see it happen. That would be quite stupid to purposefully create such a situation. I would say a Fila brasileiro would have a better chance against the wolf if it even came to to a wolf vs domestic dog. But like i say to what purpose? If you want to see a dog in action go and take it hunting wild boars or something not against another of the same species. At least then you can put some meat on the table as well.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Have you ever seen a wolf ?
I have been next to a wolf standing on all four his head was taller then me.
He was almost 6ft tall on all four legs.

Putting a dog of any kind against a wolf would be mean.
Its like thinking a trained hamster could maul a bear.

devilgoob

Veteran
just because a wolf's bite force was measured as 400lbs by some dimwit, doesnt mean it has that bite force. it was measured at the back of it's jaw, that is cheating.

seriously, anyone with any knowledge of physics or someone who has common sense, knows this. you'll notice that when you cut stuff that's hard to cut with scissors, you use the part nearest to the fulcrum or axis point, not the tip of the scissors.

whether it's 200lbs or 400lbs, its still going to do the same thing.

I change my vote to Wolf....they have more spunk.

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Wasnt there a movie that had this fight in it? I forget what it was called, but someone stole the wolf and put it in fights and it was killin um till it fought a pit.
I think it depends on the wolf, some breeds of wolves have a lot longer fur cuz they live in colder climates and a pit would probly loose cuz it couldnt get a good lock on um, the shorter haired wolf would probly loose tho.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
GOATNUTS said:
CH Jocko. Chavis won 4 contracts and Jocko was campained between 46-48lbs.

Jocko was 29lbs "Chain Weight" and 28Lbs "Pit Weight"

Please don't try to argue Pit Dog Weights with me .....I have been around them all my life

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
GET MO said:
Wasnt there a movie that had this fight in it? I forget what it was called, but someone stole the wolf and put it in fights and it was killin um till it fought a pit.
I think it depends on the wolf, some breeds of wolves have a lot longer fur cuz they live in colder climates and a pit would probly loose cuz it couldnt get a good lock on um, the shorter haired wolf would probly loose tho.

It's called "Call of the Wild"
and the PIT's name was "Cherokee"

TaxiBoy

The game APBT will always get 'em...

told you guys, when speaking of gamedogs one does NOT mean the "lowrider" blue mutant staffies that thugs and so-called gangsters tote around in BDSM harnesses.

gamedogs are lean, spry, never-give-up, TOUGH dogs can go for days. these dogs have tremendous winds, able to go hours with much larger opponents.

NOKUY

Veteran
BiG H3rB Tr3E said:
my friend got a german shepard // wolf mix,,, last time i saw it,,,

the dog was 8 mos old and wighes 79lbs. he is gona be big,, at least 130-140.

if i remeber next time im over ther ill try and get a pictur of him

im trying VERY VERY hard to keep my thoughts out of this...even tho i started it....lol

i think we are gonna play ping pong on this for quite a while tho.

"BHT"...i have 2 friends that have wolf hybrids...and one of them has a few and trains them for people and trains people how to train them.

he constantly tells me that the (german shep x any wolf) is to be avoided..

..he recommends the one my other buddy has which is (siberian husky x timber wolf)...which really is a good dog, and fukin BIG, and fukin beautiful!

I used to want a wolf hybrid, but every time i got serious about it someone would discourage me.

thanks for everyones input on this...it turned out pretty fun so far :wave:

edit.....someone on here posted a pic of a wolf hybrid puppy that was the most beautiful dog i ever saw...im gonna go find it...hopefully they have a new pic since it was a few months ago.

Last edited:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran

NOKUY

Veteran
ok i found him

OK "crazy composer" bro...lets see sum new pics that dawg is gorgeous!

Crazy Composer said:
He's timber wolf, arctic wolf and malamute.

Independent to the core, stubborn, but loving and great with the family. The wolf part of him made it very hard to break him, to show him who's boss. But he knows now, and we love him. :)

Pictures of people's dogs is always an uplifting thing to see. :)

Basking in the light of the HPS. :)
20pup.jpg

20pup_2.jpg

The day we brought him home. :)
20pup_3.jpg

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Well you folks have fun with this.....I'm headed out to the "Springpole" with Zeus....Some of us in this Debate OWN real Pit Dogs....and they need to work everyday or they get into trouble/misbehave.

I'll bring my Camera....might post a pic when we come back inside

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sadly, our wolf was called back to the wild. He had an insatiable wild streak, ran of to the forest every time he got the chance, sometimes for a day at a time. The last time he got out, he never came back. :( He left this spring. We live on the edge of some serious wilderness, he's probably out there right now doing his thing. I hope he's happy. I miss him.

But at least we have pitbulls with lipstick to keep us entertained these days! hahahaha!

20pitbull.jpg

Last edited:
U

ureapwhatusow

A) This is how dog fighting starts (ehh who'd win pit vs wolf?)

i want say pit bulls, and having played with 2 american pits over 100 pounds they are for sure pound for the pound the most powerfull canine ive ever witnessed/

there was a new report not too long ago of 2 bulls attacking a scandinavian sheep dog (very big ) and it killed both pits

I think it may have had loose skin and fur which protected the vital areas
( i really wished i book marked that fucking article)

BUT I still, after seeing experiencing these dogs see how they can be defeated they are so fucking deisel

this looks much liek the dog that beat the pit, but if they wer eenglish pits they could have been 40 lbs

i have seen 100+ pound american pits and they are amazingly powerfull

kangal_kpekleri.jpg

Last edited:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
No way dude that looks like a pyrenees ~225-250lb. I had a female that was ~130 and overweight, she should have been ~100-110. No replacement for displacement, but a 40 lb "want's it" pit would deal with that dog. Not a wild wolf, however.

EDIT - ya snuck in under me dr.bud. I was talkin bout the big white doggie.

Last edited:

thinman

Originally Posted by Crazy Composer
He's timber wolf, arctic wolf and malamute.

hey CC, that is one beautiful dog..er..wolf you have there. i have never seen one with both eyes blue like his.

i have no opinion on which animal would win in a "to the death" fight. frankly, the notion of it makes my stomach turn....

NOKUY

Veteran
barletta said:
No way dude that looks like a pyrenees ~225-250lb. I had a female that was ~130 and overweight, she should have been ~100-110. No replacement for displacement, but a 40 lb "want's it" pit would deal with that dog. Not a wild wolf, however.

EDIT - ya snuck in under me dr.bud. I was talkin bout the big white doggie.

thats not a pyrenees (great pyrenees)..my current pooch is a GP...and hes the shit....good guard, but not a fighter.

thats def. a mastiff...and a little man..lol. (fukin good lookin dawg tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.