What's new

:::::::Pipeline Gardens 2022:::::::

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been keeping the Deep Chunk hybrid project going and worked hard doing my seed selections for this spring to keep the sativas out of the garden. Trying to turn the line back to a pure IBL Deep Chunk afghan. Let me know what you think, it seems to be working quite nicely. Now the afghans are more prone to mold, but the medicine is better, and there are things to do to minimize it. Having healthy plants, correct spacing with good airflow, picking out mold as soon as possible with regular inspections, pollinating not too late so there are only a few seeds. These are things you can do to prevent mold. Need to try and find those mold resistant plants.

Males have all been removed except 2 choice pollinators with DC traits. A tree fell near the plot yesterday and an upper limb landed right between the rows and thankfully didn't kill any plants! Its God's grace I wasn't there, I was out hiking in the creek a little longer having fun with the dogs. The leaves were freshly cut when I got there in the afternoon. Pulled 1 plant that had several leaveIs chopped.

Fertilized with granular (dry) composted poultry manure and dolomite lime when soil was worked, and again with the poultry compost mid June. Will get some guano applied soon to keep them fed going into flowering.

There's a few pics so you can see whats going on. I'm excited, its my best garden so far. A couple of the plants are 7-8 ft already!

Enjoy!
July17_2.jpg
July 17_1.jpg
July17_3.jpg
July17_4.jpg
July17_5.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
July17_6.jpg
July17_7.jpg
July17_8.jpg
July17_9.jpg
July17_10.jpg

Have a petiole (leaf stem) canker issue going on with a couple plants. It also has minor effects on the main stem in spots. I am keeping an eye on it. I have seen it before, but it seems to be on a couple plants worse than others. Its normal. Anyone have info about this issue?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The taller male plant. I like the other male a little better, but this one is still is solid indica phenotype considering all the growth characteristics.

July17_11.jpg

The 2 choice males. I the like shorter one in the front, closest to ideal. I did notice Deep Chunk pics in another thread with plants with leaves like the tall one too.
July17_12.jpg
July17_13.jpg
July17_15.jpg
July17_14.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last but not least the tallest plants. The 2 tallest are about 7-8 ft tall. The one on the left has the stem canker issue. Its tall and lanky with big stretchy leaves. I think it has some sativa influence.
July17_16.jpg

I love this plant. Tallest and branchiest with indica dominant characteristics.
July17_17.jpg

Less branch with stem canker
July17_18.jpg
July17_19.jpg

Last 2 shots are volunteer plants that were already there when I went to plant the garden. They were so tall I had to top them to let the others catch up! Need to try to plant earlier next year. There were about 15 seedlings there when I went to plant this spring!

July17_20.jpg

July17_21.jpg

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Pipe
Glad that you have a thread this year.

Man brother you have been working that Deep Chunk line for years. What are your goals for this hybrid line?

That one pic with with the split stem looks like corn borer. Seems unlikely though if you are no where near any AG fields.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey hamstring thanks for stopping by! Needed to share what was going on in the gardens. Learn something every year! It is near an ag field so thats a possibility. Its the petiole though so there isn't a inner core or herd to bore out of the stem.

Goals for the line are moving it toward indica with more branches and less mold.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey AlphaCentaury! I got the lines as hybrid form and trying to bring it back to the indica male of each hybrid. I can post later a little mre about he genetics in the project. Yeah the mold is an issue with indicas, but I think if I have strong plants and I don't pollinate too late and the plant spacing is good, they should be alright. Past few years plants have been weak due to overfertilization so I'm hopeful for less mold this year. Sativas pass the mold test with flying colors, but the medicine isn't up to par compared to indica. Thanks for stopping by!

CARCHOFA

Hi @pipeline ! I've be following your grows since some years ago. Always I enjoy watching your pics and learning about your genethic, hybrids, etc.
In the last posts you say that indica is more medicinal. I think sativa and indica are both medicinal with different properties. For example sativa works better at the day because gives yo energy and indica is more relaxing and calm down anxiety. So it depend in what you need and what you're searching.
Nice work!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi @pipeline ! I've be following your grows since some years ago. Always I enjoy watching your pics and learning about your genethic, hybrids, etc.
In the last posts you say that indica is more medicinal. I think sativa and indica are both medicinal with different properties. For example sativa works better at the day because gives yo energy and indica is more relaxing and calm down anxiety. So it depend in what you need and what you're searching.
Nice work!
Yeah, I noticed the sativa was helping with soreness and fatigue, good point. Cannabis is a great versatile crop, it does it all! Thanks for stopping by to enjoy the thread!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Bean! Had to get a thread up, plants are doing so well this year thanks to God's help! Got them out right away when I saw they were on the move, so they caught the wave and are filling everything in. Breeding with the 2 males should improve the line. Had a bunch of sativa the past couple years, trying to weed them out. I made a choice one year 2017 I think, and went with the sativa candy spice pheno and have been trying to select and breed back to Deep Chunk.

Stay tuned for some new shots this weekend! Had a bunch of long light rain last weekend and warm weather this week, so we may see another footo of height on these gals if they stay on pace.

Reactions: xet

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Went to check the plot, plants are about 7-8 ft now! Got a bag of bat guano 10-3-4 to top dress before the rains this weekend!

Have a couple new pics I may put up.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plot pics from this evening. Plants are taller, and look the calyx stacking begins! Will get some better views tomorrow. . Tallest garden ever. The plants are now the height they usually finish at! :smoke:

Drought is forecast to last through october, so thats good flowering conditions! :smoke:
July22_1.jpg
July22_2.jpg
July22_3.jpg
July22_4.jpg
July22_5.jpg

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
full

Psalm 115​

The Futility of Idols and the Trustworthiness of God​

115 Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us,
But to Your name give glory,
Because of Your mercy,
Because of Your truth.
2 Why should the [a]Gentiles say,
“So where is their God?”

3 But our God is in heaven;
He does whatever He pleases.
4 Their idols are silver and gold,
The work of men’s hands.
5 They have mouths, but they do not speak;
Eyes they have, but they do not see;
6 They have ears, but they do not hear;
Noses they have, but they do not smell;
7 They have hands, but they do not handle;
Feet they have, but they do not walk;
Nor do they mutter through their throat.
8 Those who make them are like them;
So is everyone who trusts in them.

9 O Israel, trust in the Lord;
He is their help and their shield.
10 O house of Aaron, trust in the Lord;
11 You who fear the Lord, trust in the Lord;

12 The Lord [b]has been mindful of us;
He will bless us;
He will bless the house of Israel;
He will bless the house of Aaron.
13 He will bless those who fear the Lord,
Both small and great.

14 May the Lord give you increase more and more,
You and your children.
15 May you be blessed by the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.

16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord’s;
But the earth He has given to the children of men.
17 The dead do not praise the Lord,
Nor any who go down into silence.
18 But we will bless the Lord
From this time forth and forevermore.

Praise the Lord!

Psalms 116​

Thanksgiving for Deliverance from Death
1I love the Lord, because He has heard
My voice and my supplications.
2Because He has inclined His ear to me,
Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.
3The pains of death surrounded me,
And the pangs of Sheol laid hold of me;
I found trouble and sorrow.
4Then I called upon the name of the Lord:
“O Lord, I implore You, deliver my soul!”
5Gracious is the Lord, and righteous;
Yes, our God is merciful.
6The Lord preserves the simple;
I was brought low, and He saved me.
7Return to your rest, O my soul,
For the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.
8For You have delivered my soul from death,
My eyes from tears,
And my feet from falling.
9I will walk before the Lord
In the land of the living.
10I believed, therefore I spoke,
“I am greatly afflicted.”
11I said in my haste,
“All men are liars.”
12What shall I render to the Lord
For all His benefits toward me?
13I will take up the cup of salvation,
And call upon the name of the Lord.
14I will pay my vows to the Lord
Now in the presence of all His people.
15Precious in the sight of the Lord
Is the death of His saints.
16O Lord, truly I am Your servant;
I am Your servant, the son of Your maidservant;
You have loosed my bonds.
17I will offer to You the sacrifice of thanksgiving,
And will call upon the name of the Lord.
18I will pay my vows to the Lord
Now in the presence of all His people,
19In the courts of the Lord’s house,
In the midst of you, O Jerusalem.
Praise the Lord!

Psalm 117​

Let All Peoples Praise the Lord​

117 Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles!
[a]Laud Him, all you peoples!
2 For His merciful kindness is great toward us,
And the truth of the Lord endures forever.

Praise the Lord!

Hebrews 7​

The King of Righteousness​

7 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, 2 to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated “king of righteousness,” and then also king of Salem, meaning “king of peace,” 3 without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

4 Now consider how great this man was, to whom even the patriarch Abraham gave a tenth of the [a]spoils. 5 And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham; 6 but he whose genealogy is not derived from them received tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises. 7 Now beyond all contradiction the lesser is blessed by the better. 8 Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives. 9 Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak, 10 for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.

Need for a New Priesthood​

11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron? 12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. 13 For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has [b]officiated at the altar.

14 For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning [c]priesthood. 15 And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest 16 who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life. 17 For [d]He testifies:

“You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek.”

18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness, 19 for the law made nothing [e]perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

Greatness of the New Priest​

20 And inasmuch as He was not made priest without an oath 21 (for they have become priests without an oath, but He with an oath by Him who said to Him:

“The Lord has sworn
And will not relent,
‘You are a priest [f]forever
According to the order of Melchizedek’ ”),

22 by so much more Jesus has become a [g]surety of a better covenant.

23 Also there were many priests, because they were prevented by death from continuing. 24 But He, because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood. 25 Therefore He is also able to save [h]to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

26 For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, [i]harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; 27 who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself. 28 For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever.

full

full

full

full

full

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Applied the Espoma bat guano 10-3-1 yestereday and it rained right at the moment I was done. It was a very light rain and only amounted to a little bit, but it was God's grace and presence in creation. The males have little stamenate flowers clustering at the top now, so they will be dropping pollen soon and should be on time! The pic of the female flower is one of the most developed, some are still in preflower stage, so there is time for the males to mature.

Going back out to work on the garden and have a picnic! The other day at the garden I had a nice little picnic before watering! I got the stick burning wood stove out and heated up the skillet and made some whole wheat and hemp bread pizza with pork and garbanzo/chickpeas. Got the green tomatoes for the pizza now!

Have a blessed Sunday guys! Rains are on the way, got the fertilizer in place, now its time to get the jars ready I guess. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
God provided the rain we need today, a thunderstorm with a half inch rain and then it went away. It was more severe other places, and the weather service said potential for ping pong hail and 60 mph winds! Checked on the plants afterward and they are fine.

Saw a 2 inch long light-green stick worm that was chomping big bites of leaves. Got rid of him thankfully. Have to do inspections guys, Its getting into that season. Lots of foliage to inspect, plus the flowers. Have a few new views to share. Many plants are maturing quick and stacking buds by the hour it seems! Stay tuned.

Reactions: xet

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Couple inches of rain forecast over the next 7 days. Severe thunderstorms are forecast to stay south, but we get in on the rain! Love it, thank you God! Plants will hit flowering phase full force! I thought about thinning out some of the smaller females to allow the others to do better, will probably harvest them early if wet conditions develop and mold becomes an issue to open things up.

Put a few stakes in the fence to make it wider in some areas, giving the plants more room. I love that fence, if the plants fall over, its there to support them, like a big tomato cage! :smoke: :smoke:

Got a few new views to enjoy. Tuned in to Roots Reggae out of Denver, CO. Solid radio station for reggae style worship music. Check it out! Great music! :smoke:

Gap in the garden due to males being pulled allows a little airflow and sunlight to cut down on mold! Love how this happens. Need a place to stand anyway. :smoke:

full

full

Latest posts

Latest posts