What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

:::::::Pipeline Gardens 2018:::::::

:::::::Pipeline Gardens 2018:::::::

• Never have grown-0 years

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 1-5 years

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • 5-10 years

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • 10 years plus

Votes: 73 68.9%

• Total voters

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the ideas guys! I went to check on the plot today and didn't see any damage! Brought the dogs out and they were trained on something a couple times. Hope its that critter they were after. Used some paper and was able to get a good fire going this time! While it burned down I spread a bar of fragrant oil of olay soap around the plot shaving it with the knife. Hopefully the critters get the message. Next trip I will bring cat hair. I thought about getting smaller fencing put up like chicken wire. Just running out of time with work. Will try to make it happen soon I think.

I didn't notice the broken plant that I stood back up when I was out there so it must have enough stem connected to keep growin! We'll see how it does in this heat. Going to ben in the 90s for a few days! Not enough light to get good pics today. Stay tuned, they're on the move! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No damage was seen yesterday, so it looks like the critters are getting the message! Spread some cat/dog hair around the plot and got a few pics for ya! Good growing weather! Have a good Independence Day weekend! Thank you God!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Not sure why this one is so small. Enjoy!
picture.php

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got some daytime pics but running out of time to sort through and post them. I just typed out a post and hit some keystroke and it took me off the page deleting it all. That's the way it goes. Its been oppressive heat the last couple days so I haven't put down top dressing yet. Didn't want to slow the plants down or stress them out. Been seeing some disease activity. I pulled a plant that I think had a virus and took it far away. Really blessed to get around a half inch rain today! Cool weather the next couple days so its time to work in more organic fert.

After the storm today, checked on the plants and they were leaning. One had a broke branch that was 1/4 inch. Used the soil mounds to stabilize them. Next time top dressing is done, they will get mounded up higher.

Liquid fence repellent will be applied through the rest of the season. Its not the most pleasant smell, but its better than finding a damaged garden.

Plants are starting to preflower. Thought I saw a female sign. Will wait and get a more firm sign before taking out males Aug 7-15.

Thanks for stopping by! Stay tuned for updated pics! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:::::::Summer time:::::::

:::::::Summer time:::::::

Crank up the tunes, its summer time! Love listening to Air1 radio. Check out Air1.com for some feel good tunes. Playing lots of reggae style mixes.... Christian worship music!

Plants are on the move now! Today was hot again with several days in the lower 90's expected over the next 2 weeks. Yesterday top dressing was worked in with the fingers, soil was mounded up, and 10 gallons of water was applied with a watering can. No animal activity, but still seeing some diseases. Repellent was applied anyway especially since organic top dress fertilizer was put down.

Don't usually spray for diseases, but if picking off diseased leaves doesn't slow progression, I'll have to get some of the organic biofungicide Serrinade and spray them down. That's really the only product I've ever used. I think they'll be fine. With active growth and picking off leaves regularly, disease is rarely an issue. Thought about pruning back the trees a little, but I think they're getting the sun they need. Its better to have a little extra cover.

Looking for preflower signs, but this year I'm not going to be as quick to cull the males. Will probably leave them all until early Aug to make sure there's a good pollen source. Going to let the males develop a little further this time to verify they are that sex. Need to train myself on preflowers a little better, may have make a mistake last year culling a female thinking it was a male. Its all good!

Looking forward to the next couple months! I'm thinking these gals will end up around 8-9 ft tall. Gonna keep the water and top dress fertilizer going and see how fast they can grow! Cultivating and loving! I was made for this!

Came in late last night, but got the top dress fertilizer worked in, garden watered, and repellent applied in 2 bands around the perimeter. One life to live. Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead. Pray without ceasing. God is always there guiding and protecting! It feels good to be under the shelter of the Most High! Trust God, you are living proof of his presence my friend!

We need to get caught up! Ready to check out the garden? Look how they're grown in just the last 10 days! Enjoy!

June 30th

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Jonnyfli! Thanks for stopping in! Canopy is filling in well! Helps keep the soil shaded prevents weeds. Get ready to see a wall of weed! I am so blessed! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Made it back out to check on the garden. Saw a couple plants with female preflowers. One is for sure. Saw what I thought was a male preflower on one, but I'm going to wait just to make sure. There were a few diseased leaves. Have to avoid watering after dusk because the leaves stay wet all night and diseases have an opportunity to infect.

Since the diseased leaves were being cleaned out, sucker branches were also pruned out.

Used the pole pruner earlier today and had it with me in the truck, so I ended up pruning 2 walnut branches to let in more light to the garden. One was hanging right above and one was west. I know I said I was going to leave them for camo, but the plants growth is a little lanky and not branching as much. It looks a lot better, and there's still good cover. Been using the plot a couple years now. A cowboy's work is never done.... Got a few pics before the evening chores. Enjoy my friends!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

Plant that had some sort of vascular disease. Now doing very well with a strong central leader!
picture.php

Sativa Candy Spice on right 7 ct

picture.php

Sativa Candy Spice Pheno

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes sir! Thanks Kangarooky! Saw 2 yellow leaves on the tall one, she's getting hungry I guess. I fertilized so she's just got to wait for the fert to break down and release. Doesn't take long this time of year.

I don't see many people using Espoma Plant tone or Garden tone fertilizer! Its great stuff! It has all the required macro and micro nutrients! Also has innoculant for beneficial bacteria which helps especially in soilless media! Its impossible to burn with it! Just work the soil a little, dump it on, the mix it in. At planting I use about 2-6 cups per hole targeting about 2 cups per plant. Its about 30.00 per 40lb bag but its worth it. The plants speak for themselves!

Thanks for all the kind karma/reputation guys! Makes me realize how much sharing the garden is appriciated. Its fun to watch them grow isn't it! :biggrin: :smoke:

June 21 Solstice pic for comparison! Its a blessing they are doing so well. I follow my friend Mossy's rule he learned growing up raising tomatoes in Spain, "Sometimes you have to be ruthless." Pulling sick or stunted plants, cutting broken or weak branches, pruning tops early in the spring, breaking roots loosening up the soil for feeding, we are ruthless in the garden but the garden always ends up better in the end! :smoke:

picture.php

picture.php

BroMo

Lookin' good brother! Glad to see you are still at it. Your skillz have been sharpened and it shows. The plants are showing you the love right back. We seem to have very similar gardens this year. I have one plot almost the same size, but unfortunately...or perhaps fortunately...my plot is a little more crowded. Hybrids, sats, and indys all mixed in together. Also for meds. I'll admit I'm brimming with anticipation too! I will be taking clones of all the fems for more testing, and in case something extraordinary shows itself.

I don't mean to pry but can I ask...the indica phenotype...is that from the HTC Haze lot? Just curious really. I have a hybrid made from the Skunk IBL in the garden. It's from the first batch made by subrob with the GDP. He found a pheno that smells and tastes of pina-colada? Well a few of them managed to find their way into soil and I hope to find one of them. If not, well I have a few stashed away for further scrutiny.

Keep up the great work old friend? If I'm unwanted or unwelcome please don't hesitate. I still haunt from time to time and I had to say hello.

BM

:ying:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Brother monk! Remember, the plants will be thinned once the males are out of there! It usually works out well.

Plants are from a preserved line originating from 2010 seed stock created from plants from a 2009 Deep Chunk pollination. Strains unfortunately weren't able to be separated at harvest, so its a grab bag but Deep chunk is in everything! :smoke:

Strains in the line are:

(OG Kush x Jamaican Jam) x Deep Chunk)) x Deep Chunk

(Sour bubble bx3 x sour bubble bx4) x deep chunk

(Bubba Kush x Bubblegum) x Deep chunk

(Bubba Kush x Deep chunk) x Deep Chunk

The seed stock from 2017 is a preserved mix of 2010 stock. I have separated out 2 distinct phenotypes. "House Indica" and "Sativa Candy Spice" seed were separated at harvest last year and the lines are currently being refined by Hill Temple Collective! :smoke:

2010 thread https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=186985

2010 (Bubba Kush x Bubblegum) x Deep chunk)) x Deep Chunk

picture.php

2009 thread https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=120539

Deep Chunk Male used in original pollination 2009

picture.php

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=2655924&postcount=37

Whats the best thing to do with old harvest you want to condense/refine. Bubble hash I guess? Have leftovers back to 2015 season!