What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

:::::::Pipeline Gardens 2018:::::::

:::::::Pipeline Gardens 2018:::::::

• Never have grown-0 years

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 1-5 years

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • 5-10 years

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • 10 years plus

Votes: 73 68.9%

• Total voters

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If God is for us, who could be against us? Perfect Love casts out all fear. Fear the Lord our God, the maker of heaven and earth, the name above all names. Forever and ever. Amen.

Peace my friends! Got the garden going again and I caught the wave this time! They're right on schedule! Seed was planted late April and they were transplanted out at the garden on Mother's Day! Strain is an afghan dominant line originating from Hill Temple Collective. Been preserving the line for about 8 years or so now! Last year at harvest I separated the plants based on smell when I was trimming. I ended up with a brown sticky nose so be advised, its best to separate and mark the plants at the garden! :smoke:

Dug the entire garden in 7 holes and fertilized with espoma garden tone and applied dolomite lime. Just top dressed the 2nd time after working the soil this week. Always pile soil around the stems to help support the plants! We have been blessed with good rains the last couple days, and the plants are on the move now!

Plants were topped once early June, and the plants are responding well with lots of lateral branches growing. I even topped the smallest of the plants, which i thought was a mistake, but they're growing out of it. There is one tall plant that got topped a 2nd time. It may be a male. One plant is growing alternating nodes already!

When I pinched them, one well established plant was pinched a little too far back and it caught some sort of disease causing all the growing points to die. I think its a vascular disease. It now has new growth and seems like its recovered!

The plot has a couple low spots where the garden was dug and soil was moved toward the center. Water has been puddling there, so i dug a trench from the low end of the garden to allow it to drain. Soil from the trench was put in the puddles to fill them in. It rained really well after I was out there, so I was glad i fixed it. Puddles can be really bad for your plants. It causes waterlogged soil, and plants can start to get root dieback. Happened to me a couple years ago, but that was a swampy site where water had nowhere to go.

Was having some deer as well as rabbit/rodent damage the last few weeks. Rebuilt the fence to keep out the deer, but the rodents kept cutting stems. Been applying animal repellent a couple times a week. Cut up a bar of Dove soap spreading it around. Saw my dog go number 2 on the way to the plot, so grabbed the shovel and spread that out there. Repellents tend to wash off with these heavy rains,and you also have to change up the scent on some animals or they get used to it. I always bring the dogs to the plot and they spread their scent around the area. Animals have been staying away and the stems are over pencil size!

Been putting in the extra effort taking care of the plants and they're smiling! Check it out!

Trust in the Lord our Heavenly Father! Jesus is the Way my friend! Follow God's lead, be obedient always and he'll never leave your side! Life is good! Welcome to summer! Enjoy! :smoke:

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Vascular disease plant growing out of it! There's power in the name of Jesus! He's our wonderful counselor!

picture.php

picture.php

Check out the alternating nodes already! Flowering isn't too far away!

picture.php

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

11 Sativa Candy Spice phenotype plants on left. The rest is House Indica phenotype.

picture.php

picture.php

sativa candy spice right house indica left
picture.php

jonnyfli

this looks good I like the surround fence no animals going to get to them now and very healthy plants now love the drainage and it looks like its working well, sativa candy spice sounds right in my alley yummy yummy

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey good morning Jonnyfli! Thanks! I had a crescent shaped fence before and thought the thick brush in front would keep most of the animals away, but they figured it out. Bring my dogs along each trip for the hike, so there's plenty of their scent out there. While I was working on the garden I heard them do the high pitch bark and chase something. They're helping with the critters too!

Sativa candy spice is a purple stemmed plant with a sweet toned smell and taste. Its almost too potent! Its unique, and I hope to preserve it in the line!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a good weekend! :smoke:

More rain today and tonight! God provides! Thank you God! :smoke:

jonnyfli

Hey good morning Jonnyfli! Thanks! I had a crescent shaped fence before and thought the thick brush in front would keep most of the animals away, but they figured it out. Bring my dogs along each trip for the hike, so there's plenty of their scent out there. While I was working on the garden I heard them do the high pitch bark and chase something. They're helping with the critters too!

Sativa candy spice is a purple stemmed plant with a sweet toned smell and taste. Its almost too potent! Its unique, and I hope to preserve it in the line!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a good weekend! :smoke:

More rain today and tonight! God provides! Thank you God! :smoke:

sounds very yummy and you also have a good weekend :gday:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for stopping in guys! Weather was cooler today and not a rainout like yesterday. Some gardens got rain, but I don't think we got much. More sunshine for pipeline gardens! We have some excessive heat coming up. I probably should get a little grass put down as mulch. It will help keep the soil from getting compacted and forming a crust on top making the plants happier!

This is really a medical garden this year. I personally use cannabis as medicine in small quantities, never abusing it. Don't really like the term recreational. Its an old misleading term left over from the prohibition era. My brother was recently diagnosed with Multiple sclerosis, and he uses cannabis to help treat the disease. Taking care of him providing the medicine he needs! Thank you God!

Hey Tycomonolyth, thanks! Been growing a couple seasons now and seems like as long as you show up once per week, it gives you a chance to give the plants what they need when they need it. Coyboy's work is never done. There's always something to work on in the garden! Labor of Love! :smoke:

Hey Dday! Thanks! They're on their way up. Don't blink. Been letting the native vegetation grow up around them as long as its not blocking light. In the fall you want as much protection as you can get, so don't get overzealous cutting everything back! I like to just pinch the growing points of the native plants. Every once in a while move the native brush away from the garden and move them into a place where they can provide more complete cover. Growing around mainly honeysuckle and thorns perfect cover! Expecting to see them reach about a hand over finger tip. 8'+ tall! Stay tuned! :smoke:

Thanks for stopping by The Jointed One! This life is not something I earned, its been given to me. Been praying every time I'm out at the garden. The Lord has certainly blessed it! Yahweh is salvation! Jah Bless my friend! :biggrin: :smoke:

"So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had some chores to do today after church. Got done right at dusk, so I had a chance to go out and check on the girls. Needed to put repellent down. No damage that I could tell! Had to use my zippo for light. Going to remember a flashlight next time!

Still going to spread repellent once or twice a week even without seeing active damage. The plants are growing and filling in well. The tall one is almost to hip height! Canopy is closing together! Going to be fun to watch! Get ready for the wall of weed! Don't blink, life is good! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like the trench worked well to shed water away this week! Soil that was piled in the low spots around the garden did the job, shedding water, keeping it from being too wet! :smoke:

Thanks for all the positive karma/ reputation! You guys are kind! Feels good to help people learn how to grow. Trying to inspire all my brothers and sisters out there growers or not! I pray that the gardens we grow help strengthen, heal, and inspire us to be better servants for God. Showing us the Way to carry out his will! Took a couple minutes to pray this evening out at the garden. Thanking God and asking for his continued loving guidance and protection. :biggrin:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
God is testing me... Thankful for the 2 nice rains and abundant sunshine we got today! Good growing weather!

Rodents are back! Found 4 plants cut at the stem, and a couple of them are the sativa candy spice pheno! I spread some organic repellent around and through the garden this time. The heavy rain can wash it away. I need to spread another bar of soap soon. Also tried my best to start a fire there with some white pine and grass, but it was still a little damp from rains earlier in the day. I got it going a little bit so that was tossed inside the fence for repellent. Picked a few diseased leaves while I was out there. Starting to see a few foliar diseases on lower leaves.

Thanks for following along! Will get some updated pics soon! :smoke:

picture of disease from 2015

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got a chance to check on the garden today, and another plant's stem was cut at the base. Luckily it was only partially cut, so I piled soil up around it some more to support it. I think it will survive! Will just have to wait and see. I put down repellent yesterday, but it rained a little, and there was damage so I put more down. Repellrnt was spread through the garden as well as around it. This bag smells stronger for some reason! Hope it works better.

Going to pick up some of the cat hair around the house and another bar of soap to spread around there tomorrow if I can. Thinking about putting up chicken wire fence along the bottom. Probably better. Whatever it is, its fitting through the holes in my fence and laughing at me.... I tried to get a fire going to repel the critters, but it was a little damp. Need to bring paper next time. I'll get some updated pics soon.

jonnyfli

Got a chance to check on the garden today, and another plant's stem was cut at the base. Luckily it was only partially cut, so I piled soil up around it some more to support it. I think it will survive! Will just have to wait and see. I put down repellent yesterday, but it rained a little, and there was damage so I put more down. Repellrnt was spread through the garden as well as around it. This bag smells stronger for some reason! Hope it works better.

Going to pick up some of the cat hair around the house and another bar of soap to spread around there tomorrow if I can. Thinking about putting up chicken wire fence along the bottom. Probably better. Whatever it is, its fitting through the holes in my fence and laughing at me.... I tried to get a fire going to repel the critters, but it was a little damp. Need to bring paper next time. I'll get some updated pics soon.

kill the critters horrible things sometimes, but I look to see your updates bring em on :bump:

xet

Maybe throw a large bag of wild flower seed over all the dirt for cover crop and for food for God's little creatures. Also will help to retain water and fixate nutrients. Maybe late for this season maybe not

Jah bless

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I've been there. You have to get your arms around this or the rodents will keep coming back and eat them all. I promise.
icon8.gif
. I lost 15, 5 every visit, in one spot because I didn't take care of it.

I'd get Warfarin rat/mouse poison and put some along the fence line. Then I'd add one or two mousetraps around every plant.

Get serious about this or lose them all. Chances are good it's only One and not a whole community of rodents.

If you put down grain/seed for food, make sure it's poisoned or they'll have babies... lots of babies and infest the area before your harvest.