What's new

Pink floyd.....Epic

shithawk420

Veteran
Ill catch holy hell for this but the cover band i think its called Think Floyd from AU is overall a better concert.But id go cause i cant imagine Waters doing many more concerts

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Full version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBamIi0tIRg

4297aa88223d7cb06dbf3d594931edfb.jpg

Thanks for the links guys there's a cover band doing all pink Floyd , talking heads & phish fused together definitely worth checking out they're called pink talking fish

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I would like to see Floyd use their resources to put on shows, no need whatsoever to play live, just concentrate on the Show... lights, experience, everything.

I have seen them live, incredible and truly special, but the joy is not really in hearing them reproduce studio albums almost perfectly, the occasional slight variation is more of an annoyance to me, their studio albums were utter perfection. Unlike any other band I can remember, I don't actually want to hear a "live version" or enjoy differing iterations, I want the experience of being there in an enormous crowd being at one with the music, unlike any other band, it does not need to be live.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I would like to see Floyd use their resources to put on shows, no need whatsoever to play live, just concentrate on the Show... lights, experience, everything.

I have seen them live, incredible and truly special, but the joy is not really in hearing them reproduce studio albums almost perfectly, the occasional slight variation is more of an annoyance to me, their studio albums were utter perfection. Unlike any other band I can remember, I don't actually want to hear a "live version" or enjoy differing iterations, I want the experience of being there in an enormous crowd being at one with the music, unlike any other band, it does not need to be live.

I think they pull off the live stuff very well and stay on track....But I hear you on their studio work is a sense of perfection.
I own the ....Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall Live 1980–81 and its a live album just befor there break.I was blown away how well they pulled of The wall live with all the sound effects and overdubbing......Are there any Parinoines in the Audience tonight!

Album cover
Is_There_Anybody_Out_There_The_Wall_Live_Live.jpg

mayorofthdesert

I love pink floyd, everything they've done EXCEPT the wall, i hate it. Seems designed to push someone with mental disorders over the edge, it's godawful depressing/oppresive. I have depression/anxiety and I just can't stand it when it comes on the radio. Dark side, animals & any early stuff i really like.

Probably been mentioned but the Flaming Lips & Stardust covering the dark side of the moon album is really cool, took a lot of liberties, it's not a straight cover album. worth a listen if you're a fan of floyd, you might like it.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I was recently very impressed when I walked into a bar and there was a Pink cover band. They were spot on and the best part was these kids were all 23 and younger. Glad the music is going to live on!

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
my children listen to pink floyd as well as a lot of other music
my oldest son plays guitar and for a few years stood in with a band I worked with called the Surrogate Pink Floyd show
he regularly stood in as Bass player when he was 15 - 17 and more recently we decided to start the band up again with my son on lead guitar

his first real gig was when he was 14 (his birthday) we put him on stage to play acoustic guitar with the band

[YOUTUBEIF]dD6kmgyyylY[/YOUTUBEIF]

Betterhaff

Veteran
It’s too bad of the feud between Waters and Gilmore but you know what…the band peaked yet put together some of the finest music in our lifetime. Not to discredit Wright and Mason, they were a part of it too. And Syd. Time is always the true test for great music and theirs will stand.

[youtubeif]Ccx7K5ExnOQ[/youtubeif]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccx7K5ExnOQ

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
the feud has long been over
I've seen Gilmour and Roger on numerous occasions as well as 4 Pink Floyd (Post Roger) gigs but I know they will never reform and I respect that, too much water under that bridge

anyway here's some footage from around 2010 of me and my son messing around in my partially built studio
he's playing a cheap Squire strat that I was fixing for some one
a bit of shine on and then one of his favourites the gunners dream
if I can find it I 'll post some of his early acoustic floyd stuff later (he is a real gilmour fan)

[YOUTUBEIF]fpAZfsM3STU[/YOUTUBEIF]

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
heres a couple of him before I got him into electric guitars

wish you were here sitting out the front of the house on a nice summers

[YOUTUBEIF]Pb9ayJn68QI[/YOUTUBEIF]

this is is there anyone out there shot in Amsterdam when he was 13

[YOUTUBEIF]x4RKb-2tacw[/YOUTUBEIF]

Ph-patrol

Veteran
heres a couple of him before I got him into electric guitars

wish you were here sitting out the front of the house on a nice summers

[YOUTUBEIF]Pb9ayJn68QI[/YOUTUBEIF]

this is is there anyone out there shot in Amsterdam when he was 13

[YOUTUBEIF]x4RKb-2tacw[/YOUTUBEIF]

Your Son is bona fide guitar player......Beautiful.I'm impressed.His song choices and His soft play really drives a lot of power.

click on videos above its worth it!!

What a wonderful rendition :tiphat: You must be proud

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
thanks for the compliments
I'm very proud of my son and my two other children
no idea how I managed it as I was a bit of a tearaway in my youth
but my children have done me proud
they are all musical, but my youngest boy takes after me motorbike daft, he's a motorcycle mechanic for a living and my daughter is heavily involved in youth groups and community care
my oldest son works for a company involved in hydroponics and grow systems as well as his musical sidelines

theres nothing I love better than me and my son's having a jam
or pulling on the leathers and going out for a run on the bikes

of course I have the fastest bike
can't have my son's overtaking me LOL

here's him with a load of stoned friends playing some classical guitar in his own style
warning there may be a few joints being passed in this video

[youtubeif]WlYv-9jcomg[/youtubeif]

Attachments

• boys 1.jpg
    boys 1.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Gav.jpg
    Gav.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Mine.jpg
    Mine.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

ion

are all you pinkies down with the final cut?

i came onto the album much later than the rest of the material, hit it hard for a few years, then just came back into it a couple months ago after not listening to it for 2 decades....listened to it top to bottom twice in a row, no break. PHENOMENAL.....great material too as we trudge along into perpetual war.

if y'all want a real treat, get yerself in a relaxed mood, pref by yourself first, get into your funnest groove of choice; smoke/vape/cubies/L/dMt/?......and listen to The Bad Plus do a cover of comfortably numb. i think they may own that song now and forever.

Latest posts

Latest posts