What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pineapples Oaxacan Thread

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
nice grow. I really like this genetics. any plans for crosses?

Thanks! :)

Sure i've plans for crosses, the first cross is already done. Just a few of the Seeds, many more to pick out of the Buds.

picture.php

When i find the time i want to make Oaxaca'79S1 x Original Haze, which could go in your Mextazy direction. Also i wanna do something with Utopia Haze, which will be one of my next selection grows. Normally i have many more projects in my Head, but with just one tent it's not the most easy task to do everything. :)

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
great. oaxacan x haze cross is my favorite haze cross.. yeah that was what I was thinking cross with oaxaca skull, very nice, can give some promising recombination. I hope I will make cross with cryptic labs oaxacan in future.. when I am smoking some bshw here, I always remember you, like you are searching for that heaven like effect... I recommend it.. good luck with utopia, wish you find desirable pheno.. cheers.

giphy.gif

sunstone

high up, there pineapple punch. i have experienced what you spoke about,when it seems like there is no refuge,in our chosen comfort patterns.ie ganj. with me (&most people .i have smoked 95%evry day since17 yrs old to now 58 yrs .& i have learned i ts all in the dose! & tolerance. im sure most smoke know this but different strains & types of weed effect us differently deending on tollerance l evels i used to get anxious with an outdoor hashplant cross with core cut if i hadnt been smokeing all day. end of ramble ! a beuatifull strain you have there onelove sunstone!

420empire

Veteran
Beautiful work pineapple.
Is it utopia haze from barneys you talk about ?
Why this strain, do u have good experience with it? :)
Keep on growing.

Bless

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Beautiful work pineapple.
Is it utopia haze from barneys you talk about ?
Why this strain, do u have good experience with it? :)
Keep on growing.

Bless

Thanks man! :)

Yes i have experience with Barney's Farm Utopia Haze. I first smoked it in Amsterdam in 2012, and directly fall in love with her beatiful head high. I've wanted to grow her myself, so i bought some Seeds and grew out around 30 Plants.

With Utopia Haze it's important to look for the long flowering phenos for the best happy long lasting effect, i found phenos from 8 up to 16 weeks and phenos who seemed to never wanna finish. Some never stopped to stretch till the end, some hefty yielding phenos to find.

I hope it's still possible to find these phenos, the new Dr.Grinspoon release for example seems to have changed, people reporting to not find the pearl pheno anymore.

I know a lot of people don't like Barney's Farm, but their Utopia Haze is still my favorite of everything i've grown and smoked till today. It's the combination of high, yield, smell and taste. It has everything i want from a Plant. Perfect Daytime Weed, but be carefull, people will ask you why you're laugh and grin like a little happy girl. :dance::D

justabluez

Veteran
PineApplePunch,

I like your work with the Oaxacan. What are your thoughts on the Cannabiogen Purple Mexican Feminized (OAX X PCK)? I had one of these seeds go hermie, and the clone is also a hermie, but more male. Would this produce feminized seeds...or just more hermies?

Keep up the good work....teacher!!!

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
PineApplePunch,

I like your work with the Oaxacan. What are your thoughts on the Cannabiogen Purple Mexican Feminized (OAX X PCK)? I had one of these seeds go hermie, and the clone is also a hermie, but more male. Would this produce feminized seeds...or just more hermies?

Keep up the good work....teacher!!!

Thanks jb! :)

Well i haven't grown the Purple Mexican, but in Mextiza you can find hermies as well.

I think the chance is high your Seeds will turn hermie as well when your Plant you produced the Seeds with was a hermie like this.

The CBG Oaxaca'79S1 was surprisingly stable in Sex, just one of the clones had a late banana, but i cut off test buds of her early multiple times over a few weeks.

Mi_Padre69

in my humble opinion, the original oaxaca is more like sour banana scented, not pineapple... but crossing it to any good hybrid-cross, will deliver a more or less pineapple scented results. I did it using some "super silver haze" (ghost train hazeXsshz) polen.

as i said, it is my own humble opinion. also, there is another oaxacan landrace, the "morada" (purple) one with its sour smell and more of a hybrid effects.

cheeers!!

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
in my humble opinion, the original oaxaca is more like sour banana scented, not pineapple

Who said the Oaxaca smells like Pineapple? The CBG Oaxaca'79S1 has no Pineapple smell, my Plant smells sweet/sour lemony 7UP like. Vermontmans Oaxaca'79SKULL also has no Pineapple scents.

Anyway, here my double Oaxaca'79 cross. :)

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Koondense

Veteran
The thread title may suggest the pineapple smell but it's about the username actually :) PineapplePunch is behind this oaxacan cross.

I'm fortunate to be able to grow some of these plants too, got four healthy and vigorous seedlings on the way, also some other mexican girls are coming along for a ride.
Thanks PP ;)

Cheers

Mi_Padre69

sorry amigos, jajaja.. im stond now n... jajaja misread this. ive been recluded all year long!!! & i had 2gimmaslf som candy :(

anyway, Lemme tell u i got some, back in 2018 from a very very "local source" and came back home, planted t sds and got some nice boys n girls, jajaja...
but mines are more sweet scented, mayb they already mixd with some hybrid... but i know where seeds came from and i kindly doubt it.. of course it may b already mixd blood (due 2evill black market mafia-"cartel" and their mass outdoor hybrid croppin ops.)

some compadres here say this flowers´ smell is "church smell" like some incense, and a bit "sweet". Effcts are not that "energetic" nor "euphoric" but nice "happly moody" and clear mindd. good day smoke, no "stoning ending".
Mines arent so good looking girls as yours master @Pineapple_Punch but im really glad 2 know lots of people care about cannabis heirlooms.

cheeeeeeers!!!!

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
The thread title may suggest the pineapple smell but it's about the username actually :) PineapplePunch is behind this oaxacan cross.

I'm fortunate to be able to grow some of these plants too, got four healthy and vigorous seedlings on the way, also some other mexican girls are coming along for a ride.
Thanks PP ;)

Cheers

Yeah could be that the Thread title has confused some people. :D

Can't wait to see what you'll find in my double Oaxaca'79 cross, hope you get some great females. I already have 5 more Seedlings which i hold in pretty small pots since some weeks, some have a nice smell when rubbing the stems. I not even planned to grow them until next year, but the one Seed which was falling in the Pot really has surprised me with it's strong vigor. :)

Riamba

I've always remember the Oaxacan plants being piney and minty. Maybe if it was citrus it was the Verde Lemon instead?

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
I've always remember the Oaxacan plants being piney and minty. Maybe if it was citrus it was the Verde Lemon instead?

Well, the Cannabiogen Oaxaca'79 could also come from other parts of Mexico, who really knows the story behind it. :)
Vermontmans Oaxaca'79SKULL for example is pretty piney with slighty berry notes, some phenos have something i would describe as a berry licorice type of smell.

Description by DJ Short of his Oaxacan Gold back then:

"Highland Oaxaca
Highland Gold, somewhat similar to the Colombian Gold, lacked bright gold color but sported purple and red calyx tips on its blondish-brownish-green buds. It had larger buds surrounded by long, skinny leaves.

I smoked this variety during brief periods in the early 70's and again in the late 70's, paying anywhere between $40 and $120 per ounce. It was some of my all-time favorite because the aroma and flavor were of a super-spicy cedar incense with a slight fermented berry taste, in a very comfortable yet powerfully psychedelic pot. This herb contributed to many great parties, concerts and events of the era because it produced a very socially-conscious experience and mixed well with other psychedelics.

With a long lasting, creeper high that kept coming on in waves over the hours, this stuff had no ceiling. One phenomenon consistently reported from the Highland Oaxaca experience was that of peripheral visual distortions of primarily cartoon color images. This tended to increase the visual distortions caused by other psychedelics such as mushrooms or LSD.

The Oaxaca Highland Gold was a nearly pure Sativa which grew tall at 45°N, outdoors. It was also one of the most symmetrical Sativas I have encountered. The plants grew long side branches toward the bottom, and the even growth made these productive beauties look like Christmas trees when mature.

The finished product was a very sweet and spicy herb of the highest quality, with a hint of fruity pine aroma. The seeds for this variety were small, dark and round, and the plants exhibited slight signs of hermaphroditism and required surveillance to maintain seedlessness."

DJ Short for example not have mentioned Menthol aromas in his Oaxacan Gold, seems a lot of different varieties were floating around there back then, or different phenos. Who know.... :)

Koondense

Veteran
A quick teaser...
There are some Double Oaxacans in this picture, can you find them? :)

picture.php

Seems I'll be experimenting with mexican genetics this round ;)
Thanks PP for the precious seeds!

They will have some company(if seedlings survive) - Oaxaca IBL, FirstLady and CherryBomb(CrypticLabs).

Cheers

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
A quick teaser...
There are some Double Oaxacans in this picture, can you find them? :)

View Image

Seems I'll be experimenting with mexican genetics this round ;)
Thanks PP for the precious seeds!

They will have some company(if seedlings survive) - Oaxaca IBL, FirstLady and CherryBomb(CrypticLabs).

Cheers

Great Plants Koondense! :)

I would say the last row all 3 Plants are Double Oaxaca'79, and the first row the left Plant as well. Be carefull, maybe you'll get a Jack and the beanstalk pheno like i have. :D

BTW: Today i made a Oaxaca'79SKULL smoke test after curing/drying it for over 3 Months. It has a very nice energy flow, there is a very comfortable energy flow coming from the chest/heart area in a very peacefull way. No tiredness, no heartracing or any bad side feelings. :)

Koondense

Veteran
You really know your plants PP, 4/4 correct answer :)
I'll be transplanting them very soon and also hoping for early gender reveal.

Cheers