What's new

Pineapple Express

devilgoob

Veteran
I was Dark Knight again, thinking maybe Pineapple Express wouldn't live up to my expectations...but I believe the people here if they say it's good. I'm aboard.

W

Wunderkind

just saw it tonight, it's a real good movie. For me it kinda hit home, actually. It's like Saul (sp?) and me are like the exact same person, minus the people trying to kill me, of course.

Babombeez

It was pretty funny and made me laugh... I felt like it sort of gave "stoners" a bad rap, but I guess that is just the way it goes...

I want to get it on DVD, and also the fact that I saw it by myself maybe didn't help... I enjoy movies with friends better, I always laugh waaay harder! I wonder why?

Beez

Fuckin funny shit man. Definitely a must see. Also go see Tropic Thunder. Had me rollin. I didn't know Tom Cruise was in it! He's a funny mothafucker lol. and i hate him haha.

If you wanna watch it online check watchtvsitcoms.com/movies.html

FallenBuddha

Chat Mod
Veteran
damn i wish i had what you were smoking, i thought it was possibley the worst pot movie ever. i didnt even give it a thumbs down, i gave it the finger. just my opinion though.

peace -fb

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
went and scored a sack off my man today, hes on the net, we smoke a joint and ive had a week layoff (so im primed) and he brings up the movie, and im higher than hell when the early scene where he's scorin comes on. well him and i lookin at this was like lookin in some reverse mirror, alice in wonderland videodrome thing, i was laughin my ass off, it was a head trip :D

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I was let down too. I smiled a few times. Maybe even chuckled but it wasn't anything special by a long shot.

This was nothing compared to superbad. I laughed my ass off during super bad.

I liked tropical thunder much better. Which I didn't think I'd like

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
this was the gayest movie I ever seen. Sad depiction of stereotypes about weed dealers/growers/smokers. Too bad hightimes and others promote this dumb shit, makes us look bad. couple funny parts but otherwise shitty movie, just my opinion.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this was the gayest movie I ever seen. Sad depiction of stereotypes about weed dealers/growers/smokers. Too bad hightimes and others promote this dumb shit, makes us look bad. couple funny parts but otherwise shitty movie, just my opinion.
agreed.......

swishaman

How can you not like this movie? You just have to realize it's Hollywood and not everything
is going to be depicted accurately. It's one of the better pot movies, and the best since Half Baked.

That being said...some good quotes.

"'Ahhhh ahh it's from that time you wanted to eat that lollipop out of that strippers snatch.. You wanted to do it man, you wanted to do it!'
'Yeah, but then what'd you do? Ate a box of nerds out of her butthole!"

"Only motherfucker to get killed by a fuckin Daewoo! Recognize!"

"thug life" :D

CtHaddock

I didn't like this movie at all. The bad guy was so absolutely not a pot head, rather a speed/meth/crack head that pretends to smokes pot? Whats up with that? Why take a stereotype stimulantia character and pretend it's a pot head?
I just get annoyed with all the details that I think is so fucked up that i can't enjoy the occational laughs this movie gives.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
damn i wish i had what you were smoking, i thought it was possibley the worst pot movie ever. i didnt even give it a thumbs down, i gave it the finger. just my opinion though.

peace -fb

I didn't like this movie at all. The bad guy was so absolutely not a pot head, rather a speed/meth/crack head that pretends to smokes pot? Whats up with that? Why take a stereotype stimulantia character and pretend it's a pot head?
I just get annoyed with all the details that I think is so fucked up that i can't enjoy the occational laughs this movie gives.

The overall level of this movie was soooo low. Sad movie

yep. i dl'd the damn thing and still wasted my time with this movie.

Co-writer and star Seth Rogen has said the door is very much open to a Pineapple Express 2, where it was closed to a Superbad sequel.

“[Pineapple Express] is not a precious coming-of-age story like Superbad, it’s a weed action-movie and if it did well, and they gave us like $50 million dollars (as opposed to the $26M we got for this one) we could benefit from that.”

And when James Franco was asked recently how he saw the sequel happening, he claimed the studio has actually been discussing doing it as a crossover movie…

…with Superbad.

In other words, like Marvel’s Avengers or Kevin Smith’s movies, the comic characters from Judd Apatow’s films would all inhabit the same universe.

“Even before Superbad came out, I think the studio was trying to get [Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg] to write a sequel, but they really didn’t want to,” said Franco. “So, an answer to that was to do a Superbad/Pineapple Express crossover, an unprecedented crossover movie with two directors, Greg Motolla and David Gordon Green, each directing half of the movie.”

Sounds like madness …or does it?

Franco himself believes it should start with his character selling the kids a substance, then it would all kick off from there. And as Rogen plays characters in both films, Franco thinks one of them would have to be “killed off”.

Would you like to see a Pineapple Express 2, and what do you think of combining it with the world of Superbad?

http://www.movie-moron.com/?p=720

swishaman

Co-writer and star Seth Rogen has said the door is very much open to a Pineapple Express 2, where it was closed to a Superbad sequel.

“[Pineapple Express] is not a precious coming-of-age story like Superbad, it’s a weed action-movie and if it did well, and they gave us like $50 million dollars (as opposed to the $26M we got for this one) we could benefit from that.”

And when James Franco was asked recently how he saw the sequel happening, he claimed the studio has actually been discussing doing it as a crossover movie…

…with Superbad.

In other words, like Marvel’s Avengers or Kevin Smith’s movies, the comic characters from Judd Apatow’s films would all inhabit the same universe.

“Even before Superbad came out, I think the studio was trying to get [Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg] to write a sequel, but they really didn’t want to,” said Franco. “So, an answer to that was to do a Superbad/Pineapple Express crossover, an unprecedented crossover movie with two directors, Greg Motolla and David Gordon Green, each directing half of the movie.”

Sounds like madness …or does it?

Franco himself believes it should start with his character selling the kids a substance, then it would all kick off from there. And as Rogen plays characters in both films, Franco thinks one of them would have to be “killed off”.

Would you like to see a Pineapple Express 2, and what do you think of combining it with the world of Superbad?

http://www.movie-moron.com/?p=720

Wouldn't be bad... Loved both movies.

Don't know which Seth character should die... Cop was pretty funny, so is his PE character...

McLovin gettin high - who wouldn't want to see that? :2cents:

W

Weedman Herb

It had funny moments but I'm giving it a Thumbs Down ... IMHO The best sequence was the Black and White ... Dude has real chops on the air drums, does a decent job of acting Really Fucking High For The First Time and "This is coming from left field sir ... I wanna finger that chimp" in the OutTakes had me rolling for hours ... Disclaimer ... Herb doesn't finger chimps ... or want to ... nor does he condone the fingering of any creature against its will ...

ROJO145

Veteran
I liked it....actually both movies mentioned made me split my sides laughing!!Superbad and PE,both have charectors in them we all can relate too,so I give em a :yes::yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts