What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

pineapple express in dwc

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 27 from seed

i have 2 different phenos going on right now with the pineapple express, the bigger pheno smells heavy of skunk at present and she hasnt even hit the bud stage yet and the other pheno i cant quite put my finger on her aroma but its totally different from her big sister

the bigger plant has been switched over to a bloom feed consisting of canna flores/carbo-load/superior potash/rhizo her ec is .9 and her ph is 5.8 the other lady in my life is still on a veg feed

had a nice result on the bigger pheno this week, one of her branches has split into two extra colas and it looks like she has been topped but its just a natural occurence so thats more potential budding action for later on :)

the biggest plant is currently standing at 53cm tall with a few more days left of stretching, im hoping she stays under 80cm which will make for a great finish ;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Awesome stuff skotty! SKOTTY DOING SOIL?!?! Only joking bro, understandable.. Gonna be interesting to see what those clones turn into! If he only grows that strain, it HAS to be for a good reason, there are only a few types of bud ive smoked that i dont develop a resistance to LOL...

Those pineapple express are really beautiful! I may just have to get me some of those! I will have to decide in 3-4 weeks from now ;)

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
hey skotty veri nice lookin plants expect for the untopping that look topping so can't wait to see this natural mutant stem what can do !!

JiveBanana

Hi Skotty, nice thread. I'm also growing a Pineapple Express, in this thread (should have posted it in Auto Flowering).

My setup is completely from yours: I'm doing it in soil without artificial light, I just put it in direct sunlight as much as possible.

I've been reading up on trimming and pruning and I was wondering if it's necessary on this strain or even auto flowers in general. Are you trimming yours?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
cheers for the comments, its appreciated as always, hey 24 so many new strains on the market right now im spoilt for choice aswell on what to grow next,by the time this grow is finished i bet there is still more to choose from, i heard your a fan of sweet tooth so you might wanna look into the sweet tooth auto ;)

hey killerweed cheers bro, i also thought that split stem is an added bonus, it will be intresting to see what hangs off them in the coming weeks :)

Hi Skotty, nice thread. I'm also growing a Pineapple Express, in this thread (should have posted it in Auto Flowering).

My setup is completely from yours: I'm doing it in soil without artificial light, I just put it in direct sunlight as much as possible.

I've been reading up on trimming and pruning and I was wondering if it's necessary on this strain or even auto flowers in general. Are you trimming yours?

what a major difference between my grow and yours considering they are pretty much the same age, if your growing outdoors then i would'nt trim the plants at all and lett hem grow in their natural state, i never really trim my plants unless they get to a certain height im a firm beleiver in leaves are there to produce energy for the plant and the more you take off the less energy they will take on board

hope this helps

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 31 from seed

i was hoping for a 9 week grow but again im looking at 10 weeks, these pineapple express are supposed to reach 40-50 cm and my biggest is currently at 64cm and sitting pretty

ive defintaly got 2 phenos, 1 is feeding on 1.0 ec and the other has only just had her feed upped to .9ec to very different smells coming from both plants

they are advertised as indica dominant but im saying they are more indica/sativa probably a 70% indy and 30% sat mix

ive got a 6" carbon filter and a 6" acoustic fan waiting to be picked up and ill hopefully have them installed by the weekend :)

heres some pics of where im at

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 35 from seed

we are at the half way point :)

both plants are now feeding on 1.2 ec and i think this is where its gonna stay pretty much the same as the sour in my last grow, my biggest plant stands at 78cm and the smaller pheno is 64cm

the smaller pheno is definatly more staiva influenced,ive got 2 different smells coming from both plants at the minute one smells really exoctic and the other smells fruity but they both have that underlying smell of cheese :)

the best way for me to describe the smell is that its exactly the same as blue cheese but instead of the beautifull hint of blueberry its more exotic pineapple/mango, they smell beaut

ive invested in a 6" acoustic fan and 6" rhino carbon filter with acoustic ducting and the whole setup is pure stealth, i also bought a fan controller and the speed is set on about 25% and you seriously cant hear shit apart from my 6" clip on fan :)

anyways heres some pics of the girls and ill let them do the talking

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Woohoo! Those are amazing mate I'm gonna be around to watch those finish! I can't wait to see those little cheese go! I got a feeling they wont be little..

P.s. you need to send your pictures to the.breeder so they will maybe use them for advertisement ..I love the sati leaning one! Very branchy, are they still stretching?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i think they will grow to about day 40 and then bud up, the sativa dom has kicked into gear and is the most worrying of the 2 because i seriously dont want her to outgrow my tent, you can see in the pics how quickly she is catching up with the indica version in the space of 24 hours

you can also see that the bud formation on the indy is quicker than the sativa which i think is gonna take longer to finish

just for the record these are really starting to kick out that cheese aroma and its beaut :)

picture.php

KanadianKronik

looking good man... first auto flower iv checked out and i like what im seeing.. kinda getting me interested in it... on average what are the yeilds like for indoor / outdoor... ect.. iv always considered auto flowers but i was always thinking you would only get like a half o or somthing off a plant...
anyways im pulling up a seat to see the results of your indoor and out!
-kk

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
KK,

You can yield anything from 5g to 6oz per AF,

Is entirely dependant on how you grow them, and what strains you choose.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
looking good man... first auto flower iv checked out and i like what im seeing.. kinda getting me interested in it... on average what are the yeilds like for indoor / outdoor... ect.. iv always considered auto flowers but i was always thinking you would only get like a half o or somthing off a plant...
anyways im pulling up a seat to see the results of your indoor and out!
-kk

i was just about to update this thread, if you check out the llinks in my sig you can see my results from autos , maxi gom weighed in at 3oz but realisticaly should of been 6-8oz and the sour 60 i bagged around 6oz, this time round im hoping for 8oz from 2 plants

update and pics to follow......

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 39 from seed

for anybody who has been following this grow the baby sativa pheno im growing is no longer the baby, she is now taller than the indy standing at 94cm tall and the indy is standing proud at 92 cm lol

im seriously in 2 minds on wether or not to pull the sativa dom strain, as much as she smells and looks good her bud production and time to finish is gonna be a long one, im sure the rewards will be worth it but i just cant make my mind up on what to do

both plants are on 1.2 ec and ph 5.9

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

hey skotty love watching your grows ... shit them thing looks like a tree ! lol any info on the maxi gom any bud shots of her ? got one running now she about 40 days an she still going not even a sign of any flowering preflowers forming ! how long did your go start to chop ? aloneinthewoods

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
hey skotty love watching your grows ... shit them thing looks like a tree ! lol any info on the maxi gom any bud shots of her ? got one running now she about 40 days an she still going not even a sign of any flowering preflowers forming ! how long did your go start to chop ? aloneinthewoods

all my shots of maxi are in my other grow diary, AUTOMATIC GROW OFF, in my sig

she went for just over 11 weeks and didnt start budding up untill about the 5th week, i could of shaved loads of time off her and got her to finish in 10 weeks but i was using different nutrients and made quite a few mistakes, id love to do another grow with her and unlock her true potenia and her resin formation was the best ive seen to date :) my camera didnt do her any justice

Hey skotty, any word on your outdoor garden?

outdoor activities are not good mate i had 4 males out of 5 seeds and the seeds were meant to be feminized, their is 1 plant left and ill try and get a pic of her at some point, im hoping to get a few more outdoors at the begging of next month

on a side note the sativa pheno of the pineapple express has been removed from the grow for serveral reasons but mainly because of the length of time it would take for her to finish, she was the more exoctic smelling pheno out of the 2, just a heads up for anybody thinking of growing this strain, she also grew to just over a meter tall 1m 3cm

the plant thats left is indy/sat mix and she is a stunner, ill do an update soon ;)