What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

PiffCoastFarms

Also piff is what started to be prevalent I'd say 2004 and later but doesn't represent what alot of people think of as Uptown or puday just what was available later on as NYC haze.
Yeah the piff name didn’t come around until then because that’s when dipset was pushing the name before that it was just called purple haze. The flower pretty much the same though the cbh has been around since 89 or so. There were always different Bagseeds and phenos being found it’s just about finding the one that YOU remember, I have like 8 different cuts from different Cuban and Dominican crews from miami to nyc. They’re all different too but very similar

goingrey

Moby Dick is a Haze/Widow hybrid...

The perfumy/incensy aroma profile hasn't been totally absent from the Haze hybrids that have been available during the last 30 years. But people have also reported growing entire packs without finding it. Or at least not a "dead ringer". So it's cool if it can be isolated to one or more in every pack.

Also found it interesting that terpinolene is one of the constituents of frankincense. Yet it does not smell like turpentine. Maybe there is still more to learn about the correct terpene profile too. The work with the cons and testing is appreciated.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I posted like 20 more pictures of more nyc haze cuttings but it looks like a mod must have deleted them. Oh well
Might be a pic limit per post type of thing. I know it used to be set to 5 per post...and I wish it still was. Single posts with a lot of pictures take forever to load for some reason.

I hope they weren't deleted. It's kind of obnoxious if you're being targeted by a MOD for whatever reason. Gypsy isn't down with that and he really opened things up to sort of a free for all, to some extent, after his release...

I for one can't thank you enough for sharing your time, knowledge, flower, seeds - friendship.

Nothing but :respect:

dank.Frank

CosmicGiggle

Veteran

I hope they weren't deleted. It's kind of obnoxious if you're being targeted by a MOD for whatever reason. Gypsy isn't down with that and he really opened things up to sort of a free for all, to some extent, after his release...

I for one can't thank you enough for sharing your time, knowledge, flower, seeds - friendship.

Nothing but :respect:

dank.Frank
.......... as already stated, no pics were deleted by any Mod and no one is being 'targeted' by any Mod except for anything but persistant spam.

..................... and, Gypsy is already aware of the 'problem', thanks! :tiphat:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, SPAM OR SPAM-LIKE,likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct."

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Define spam? No outside links have been shared. No redirection to other sites. Are we not allowed to share content of work we enjoy or are proud of? Is that literally not the entire point of the site?

But you let @CannaT sit here and insult everyone incessantly? He's allowed to "spam" his Jack constantly - all the while name calling and trashing everyone else who is attempting to have a civil interaction.

And you tell everyone to calm down? No one was out of line except for one person. Yet his posts remain???

You delete content from someone who has literally proliferated the strains that are quintessential to the VERY TOPIC of this thread.

No, no bias at all.

Seriously bad form.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's about NYC "piff" type hazes. And so it shall remain.

Well, that and one grower constantly insulting everyone and "spamming" a bunch of Jack...LOL.

All good.

-----------------------------------------------

When I went to the Boston Freedom Rally this past year, I was fortunate enough to try Masonic Seeds selection of "Holy Communion" bred by Piff Coast Farms. Had the classic "piff" nose on a dark purple flower, with a more modern hybrid chunkier look to the flower. It had a surreal clearness to the buzz. Instantly made you feel internally good positive vibes. Gave you mental clarity that really seemed to bring you back to center instantly. Really gave that water off a ducks back sort of energy to whatever was going on around you and just put life into perspective. Absolutely perfect to smoke when stressed and just tired of dealing with idiots at the end of a long day and looking for inner peace.

I know the cut selected by Masonic has to smoke better than the sample I had, because that sample was actually seeded with his "Wilson!" male. I was allowed to keep a few of those seed I sorted from the flower to add to my collection.

The woman I was with absolutely loved the effects of the Holy Communion - as did I. Due to such, Piff Coast was kind enough to share a pack of those seeds. Really looking forward to starting them in the very near future - after this thread, that effect is needed. :ROFLMAO:

2023 is going to be a piff filled year. :joint:

untitled.jpg

I'll restate exactly what I did earlier in this thread:

If you are looking for "piff" phenotypes they can be found now in seed lots without having to sort a 1,000 or even 100 seeds.

Karma Genetics. Top Dawg Seeds. Piff Coast Farms.

All have put out work that will produce the given terpene profile discussed when looking for "piff".

I'm looking forward to the work OJD has made with his Sour Thai Nevil line - after that experience, I might be able to vouch for another place to find it.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Frankincense ...
I took a siesta this afternoom.When I woke up I almost inmediatelly smelt frankincense.
I asked is that a new perfume? lolol

Wife was just sampling the last plant I harvested this season (outdoors)
I made the seeds in 2021 missed labels...planted some this year ...missed labels again... :wallbash:

Possibilities are :
"Mosquito Trap" (GG4 x Bordello Gold) "f2s" (most probably)
"Rotten Piña" (KQ x GMO/Tropicana) x Mosquito Trap

Well, this smoke is one of the closest to frankincense I've ever smelt

Big thanks to my good old friend @dimajones, who made the original seeds and shared with me (y):smoke::tiphat:

Sorry about the off-topic :)

Last edited:

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Speaking of Piff here's some Cuban black haze I recently took down!

Also selecting some Sam's Skunkhaze at the moment showing varying traits and different forms of basement musty piffness.

Attachments

• PXL_20221210_212932025.jpg
    PXL_20221210_212932025.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 129
  • PXL_20221210_212910023.jpg
    PXL_20221210_212910023.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 111
  • PXL_20221210_212905686.jpg
    PXL_20221210_212905686.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 118

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Anyone have experience with Piff #3 from purple city?? I bought a number of clones recently and wondering which to ditch. Of the 8 strains in one tent, it is smallest and slowest to flower. Info on strength, if heavy or lite feeder, weeks of flower, and if heavy or lite producer, would be appreciated.

I have little confidence anything I bought is real, but this seller seemed to have older strains for reasonable price. The top shelf strains I bought, the seller disappeared shortly after purchase.

Last edited:

Airloom

Veteran
Anyone have experience with Piff #3 from purple city?? I bought a number of clones recently and wondering which to ditch. Of the 8 strains in one tent, it is smallest and slowest to flower. Info on strength, if heavy or lite feeder, weeks of flower, and if heavy or lite producer, would be appreciated.

I have little confidence anything I bought is real, but this seller seemed to have older strains for reasonable price. The top shelf strains I bought, the seller disappeared shortly after purchase.
Was this purchased via Seed Canary? I did some quick web searches after viewing this thread and got a hit for a clone of CBH from Purple City Genetics but perhaps you beat me to that cut…..very curious and obviously disappointing. The cut offered was a clone of the mother. I will try to keep this on topic; I have no experience growing CBH or Piff just really curious as it relates to the whole Haze thing.

I’m relatively new here and not sure of how the conversation works between members (vis a vis PM) and such so I don’t post much out of concerns I don’t have the required amount of posts to qualify for PM and other function upgrades as it were. The PM or conversation (?) function certainly helps keep the forum threads on topic.

I’d be interested to follow up if you did use the Seed Canary website. 🙄

PiffCoastFarms

Latest posts

Latest posts