What's new

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

xOOx

good news/bad news

good news/bad news

well,

the boss man cf has had the opportunity to sample my cut, and in his professional opinion he does not think its the piff. more of a skunkish taste to it, then piffy. but this was without cure, so things may change with time.

you will have to ask him for the details, or if you are lucky enough - sample for yourself and form your own opinion, it may just be the right one for you. i'm assuming it's still a decent smoke, just not what everyone is looking for.

i still believe from the effects i get from it, it is no slacker, and nothing has compared to it that i've gotten commercially through different sources. it could be i'm just biased to my own grown stuff, and will never allow any other strains to let me get any higher. the mind works in mysterious ways, as does cf, lol, but i'm still going to grow it, because i enjoy the experience she gives.

so Art, it's up to you man!! i bow out of the race as i truely thought it was as high as i could get with plant material, without using tea leaf angel dust, lol.

those elites must be killer, man.. i'm jelous..

the good news? it's still out there, and i'm sure someone will find it. the legend lives on!

respectfully,

xoox

dkmonk

Its been almost a month since the last pics, were are the updates? A couple of pictures is worth more than 4 pages of exciting written updates.
Sorry if im comin off rude, but a pic update is long overdue.

dkmonk

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
xoox - That sucks to hear, but it makes a little more sense to me. I was getting worried wondering why my stems didn't have such a "piffy" smell earlier on in veg as you described. And why others had had so much advice and things to look for that weren't lining up...

So it makes sense. I have not smelled (other than what was a hopeful glint) the Uptown Haze smell at all. Even up into 20 - 25 days flowering. I was beginning to think that I may have nothing.

But I was talking to my brother and decided that is BULLSHIT. WE KNOW where these seeds came from. DIRECTLY out of UPTOWN bud. So now I have more confidence than EVER. Especially hearing that what you had was not the Piff. (I trust Frank's judgement 100%) This shit is the real deal. I was observing it today and It is already starting to look like Piff a little. And the smell had intensified to the point that you can smell it by putting your nose on a nug.

The stank is there now, without a cure. The commercial producers aren't going to give it a cure, so it makes additional sense that the smell be present on the plant, fresh.

I took more clones from the mothers and will be keeping a pain of each pheno as moms.

I'll be posting pictures up when I feel inclined to do so.

dkmonk suck on my balls man. Tool.

xOOx

yeah man! my cut (whatever it is) came from seeds i've saved over years and years ..an uptown area bags were in the mix mostly, only other option as i once said long ago (were talkin 15 years) was a jamaican with garbage bags full of weed in the jamaican section of town. its the only other shit i ever got that had a few seeds in it that i deemed worthy to save. she still has the funk to me i know from the past, and haven't smelled on recent commercial (bar very recently aquired stuff)..so i dunno, maybe we smell 2 different things, different circle of piff, lol. i wish i had a cutting that had absolutely no smell at all before flower, its a chore to constantly run odor control for a bonsai mom in between runs. but to me this cutting reeks, and it does reek of skunk thats true. skunk wet fresh celery and noxema on stem rub (menthol..) still gonna grow it and smoke it, i really enjoy it, give it a try if u can! maybe with a cure it will change for cf.. i wish you luck man..

xoox

Kinderfeld

lol art chill down man...peeps are just anxious to see what ur talking about, including myself....but as long as your providing info I aint gonna complain. I know I posted here a while ago about finding some to see what the fuss was but I guess there is a gap between FL and NY where you don't see a lot or I just don't know the right peeps. I have heard more than just internet peeps talkin bout it tho so its got to be somwhere....hope you are breeding those ladies (after establishing their smoke is good). Once the beans are out you know those hoardings are going to put in a tripple order of hatorade haha...cept they might not be able to afford....:smoke:

peace
kindr

You guys are awesome. I wonder if I've had the piff....seems most of what you guys have up there we've got down here. Got a buddy from the L.E.S that says you guys get The Black up there....mentioned it to me before i ever said anything about it to him.

I'm interested....keep doing what your doing...fuck the haters.

The Vermonster

LOL art you kill me bro.......here we go...took the pics of the piff today and here they are.........not much to see but these are the real deal gifted from the man called Art........the 1st 2 pics are of pheno1 and the last 2 are pheno2..stay safe all and peace...........btw anyone down for a trip to VA in March to see Phish??????

dscowboy

Art, now you have me paranoid I may not have the piff. Mine definately has the smell when you pinch the stem lightly. It is pretty strong for just being in veg too. I look forward to seeing pics of your mother plants if you ever post them as we started ours about the same time and I'd just like to see how they compare. I know where my lone seed came from however, not sure if some far shot way another seed got into the brick my people had or what when it was being broke down and bagged up, but time will tell. The clones are looking good Vermonster!

xOOx said:
well,

the boss man cf has had the opportunity to sample my cut, and in his professional opinion he does not think its the piff. more of a skunkish taste to it, then piffy. but this was without cure, so things may change with time.

you will have to ask him for the details, or if you are lucky enough - sample for yourself and form your own opinion, it may just be the right one for you. i'm assuming it's still a decent smoke, just not what everyone is looking for.

i still believe from the effects i get from it, it is no slacker, and nothing has compared to it that i've gotten commercially through different sources. it could be i'm just biased to my own grown stuff, and will never allow any other strains to let me get any higher. the mind works in mysterious ways, as does cf, lol, but i'm still going to grow it, because i enjoy the experience she gives.

so Art, it's up to you man!! i bow out of the race as i truely thought it was as high as i could get with plant material, without using tea leaf angel dust, lol.

those elites must be killer, man.. i'm jelous..

the good news? it's still out there, and i'm sure someone will find it. the legend lives on!

respectfully,

xoox

aww man xoox, that's too bad to hear knowing how much you love the piff. Good to know that you love what you've got whether it's the piff or not. But truthfully alot of the descriptions you've given sounds very piffish like the smooth almost menthol like inhalations to the stank, all the way to the time lapses and auditory hallucinations. Maybe what you have is a skunk leaning piff pheno, which wouldn't be surprising as many of the piffs i have had tended to have some sort of slight indica feel to them (though i wouldve put my money on nl judging from the taste and other characteristics). Theres no telling what the haze has been mixed with though. Theres probably tons of different piff mixes out there floating around, though all that i've had has maintained the piff smoothness and taste. Piff is soo insanely great for lung expansion, id say it works better than an asthma inhaler...lol

O

otherwhitemeat

Art,

I had the privelege of getting another sack of uptown haze this week and something to me is quite noticeable: this farmer has obviously grown his buds hydro and didn't flush much (if at all) the overwhelming aroma of these buds is that classic funky/franky smell, but with an overpowering chem taste. It has very tight nodes (DENSE buds) and burns my throat pretty crazy going down. My own uptown soil grows are a bit 'airy' and quite potent, but maybe about 75% of the original. My friend agrees that's it's the same high but that it takes a little more of mine to get high than the original. Like you, we're sure that's it's the right genetics...but something is clearly different in my end product than what's in the sack when I buy it...I think it comes down to fine tuning. That's why I wanted to know what light setup you are running, my buddy thinks I have to step up to a 400 and hydro to reproduce the same bud.

PS-I was able to salvage a few clones from the failed NYC trip. One pheno (the better one) survived and I have a mother again, I am trying my hand at some Indicas for now as well, but have four of these girls about 60 days in...should be another 30 or so!

xOOx

tnx f.daddy,

yeah i feel horrible, as i wasn't making any of it up.

you have to ask cf about the smells and stuff, to me it still effex me and smells how i described .. only thing that may be different is light spectrum (fluro) and or the fact that it gets bathed in ozone for 2-3 mins every 25-30 mins or so on timer.

ozone is a reactive and highly oxidizing/corrosive thing, maybe it encourages production of certain beneficial oils on exposure to our favorite plant .. as long as the level isn't high enough to kill it that is, lol.. this could be something to look into, really ..

i also run the environment quite hot and stressful .. not my fault, no choice, has to be super quiet (no sound) and stealth.. so no ventilation 82-85 .. but humidity is normal, i keep a tiny mini dehumidifier in there. if humdity gets too high the ozone isn't as strong.. humidity weakens ceramic corona discharge generators they have trouble maintaining a full power corona in high humid/damp environment... i don't think it would effect a UV based unit though .. also maybe different mediums may create different odors in strains .. i'm using really cheap ghetto miracle grow soil (potting mix), maybe a little perlite mixed in, sometimes right out the bag.. and no additional nutrients beginning to end just tap water (its got 3 months worth in it, and it sucks most of it up in about 2, and then looks like its on its death bed for the final weeks, as flushed as ur gonna get). its what i used when i started, and had no need to use anything else it works for me. i know others who are using their moisture control brand, and getting incredible results without all those fancy soil mixes. i didn't like the moisture control, it stayed too fluffy, and dried out quicker then the potting mix brand.. but i might try it again this run.. only issue is their soil is almost always infected with fungus gnats, so i hit it with gnatrol from the beginning, and its a non issue ..

i've always cured for a few weeks before sampling, it know it gets you high right off the plant and dry.. but maybe the effects i experience need the cure? time will tell.

either that....... or those elite cuts are unbelievably out of this world mind blowing potent (well they should be, they're elite right?), i'm a light weight sure.. never said otherwise, but every weed i've ever smoked has done similar stuff to me, some feel better, bring out that dreaming weird sensation/revelation/amnesia phase better.. and last longer then others, some have come downs that suck, some make me ill.. thats how i judge them .. so i'm at a loss... for example got some newer stuff, its and ok high, not too potent. only problem was an ill stomach when it was over like nausia.. another batch from a different area was better no nausia..was just fine, but the next day i got tons of phlegm.. and kinda like a post nasal drip feeling in back of my throat, almost like a sore throat was coming on. i know its the weed, something they used in it, its profile, or its wasn't totally flushed properly .. so i go right back to mine, it never does anything like that.. they are commercial strains im sampling sure, so you aren't getting the best that can be.. but it still goes back to that i don't wanna smoke other peoples unknown stuff cause you don't 100% know what they did with it. i mean unless you know they are doing it right, like you guys .. but i doubt this is what i'm getting off the dirty boulevard.

owm:

i've had that throat burning stuff before, i mean it feels like the back of your throat after a glass of vodka burning fire. i won't ever smoke that stuff no matter how high it makes me. its not like a heat burn cause the weed may burn at a higher tempreture then what your used too, it's like a chemical reactive burn on your throats mucous membrane.. god knows what it is, maybe some kinda mite spray a week before harvest, sulfur spray who knows, i wouldn't smoke it, i know others would, but i wouldn't.

xoox

bigherb

Veteran
otherwhitemeat

best of luck ,lov to hear a smoke report on ur cut.i lov the franks .any pics?

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
damn art, glad to see you found what you were lookin for with those seeds. as far as makin seeds go, i know that soma mentioned a style of fmaking seeds from female plants without male influence. ive mentioned it before here and there and its called "rodelization" i think (dont know if its the right spelling).

once i read about tha technique, i never forgot it. i havent had the time to try it though, just gbeen takin cuts like crazy since wifey shut me down. ill be takin cuts and my boy is gonna do teh flowering out, but teh picks you see in my thread are the first and last run im gonna be able to do :badday: .

FRIENDinDEED, HOLLA!!

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Day 43 flowering.

Pheno #1

3971haze1day43.JPG

3971closehaze1day43d.JPG

3971closehaze1day43b.JPG

This phenotype has the desired odor, but faintly. Also, little trichrome production. I still feel it has a while to go so I will see if production increases.

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Pheno # 2
Day 43 flower.

3971haze2day43.JPG

You can see this one has better trichrome coverage. Also, though it doesn't look like alot of trikes, remember production started about a week ago.

3971haze2close43.JPG

And for me, this is the clincher and what you see here is the Uptown Haze.

3971THEHAZE43.JPG

Look at those pistells. Now pretend your computer has smell-O-vision and tell me it's not.

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
Man I wish we could do a scratch and sniff,
looking good there ART.

Stay safe and high.
......HYDRO......

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
After hearing about this project firsthand I had to stop by and see the visuals.
Very cool, and I'm always impressed by any effort to stabilize an elite in seed form for preservation purposes. Major ups for that.

xOOx

looking good man!

it's funny that yours follow the same pattern as mine, trichs around day 35ish, looks very similar too, i think they are all related somewhat if its an nyc bagseed, hopefully you will find the more racy pheno that everyone seems to desire that heart attack feeling lol ;)

i keep kicking myself that i deleted the pictures of the first girl in a panic .. that one did not have any skunk smell at all, maybe a tiny tiny touch .. but more of a soury pineapple/grapefruit aftertaste odor. she was extream racy heart pounding and sweating..but not as lasting as the more mellow skunky/dreamy one. i tried to save it, but was before i knew how .. it died ;(

now i'm a little confused, you said earlier OWM donated his moms to you? are those OWM's moms or are those the original untested piffs you never flowered from ages ago? or is one of them ash's fla black haze cut?

xoox <- a little out of the loop, just trying to get it straight ..

Thump88

The Vermonster said:
to VA in March to see Phish??????

WAIT?!? Phish is playing a reunion tour
?! shit i've been living under a rock, do you know wher in VA (I lived there till I was 18). Please if there's a website with all the info, send it to me, I'd consider giving my left nut to see them, but I'm not sure if that's practical (I also may regret that later on...) but still. I bet tickets are expensive huh?

Latest posts

Latest posts