What's new

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
xOOx said:
now i'm a little confused, you said earlier OWM donated his moms to you? are those OWM's moms or are those the original untested piffs you never flowered from ages ago? or is one of them ash's fla black haze cut?

Is anyone else confused?

This is not black haze, nor a cutting from anyone. These are two seeds found in Uptown Haze from Brooklyn. They are being flowered for the first time. This whole thread is about them.

xOOx

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
Sorry about my hiatus. Been doing alot of work...

I'm just finished up my current grow in the 250w cab. I plan to fill it up with both of the phenos I have.

Also, otherwhitemeat has been kind enough to donate his mother's to the cause as he needs room in his setup. So thank you much whitemeat and I will be sure to show you all how they progress.

^ end of august

i misunderstood. smoking too much, but i knew i remembered reading that

never mind, lol

:bashhead:

xoox

bigherb

Veteran
art
looks great bro ur ladies r beautiful sic man bk uppies.has the smell increased wat aromas r u getting ?how long do u plan on taking her?

any opinions of lineage from growth patterns?

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Was taking a bunch of photos of other plants and decided to hit The Uptown? with the flash.

Damn. I'm as astonished as you guys when I see it.

3971THEHAZEflash44.JPG

Bigherb - This thing grows like I've NEVER seen. I vegged a 3 inch clone for no more than 11 days. After the stretch set in, I pinched her so many times I had to stake her up. But not just stake her up, I had to bend and twist her stems like a crazy straw. Sometimes breaking them a little too much. It doesn't phase her. Her stalks look like roller coaster tracks with loop-d-loops all in it.

Still though, she reset herself and continued doing something. I found out what that something is when I smelt those trichromes. Describe the smell? My dude, go cop a sack!!! But double the pungency of the stank! And I expect it to stank ALOT more than that by the time she finishes.

The other pheno I will currently call "shady" is lagging behind. The essence of the stank is there, but overpowered by that "green plant" smell. She also is using less water than her sister and not NEARLY as vigourous. I mean just look at the pics. SO many more budsites on #2. Her trichromes production exists, but thats about it. Not immpressive.

But then I look at the picture above. Damn. If you guys could only smell her. I have never smelt that smell on a live plant before. In all the herb I've ever grown or consumed. And it is IDENTICAL to the stink of the Uptown Haze?.

Question mark will remain until cured for several weeks and a good smoking is done. Then it will be plain old Uptown Haze?. The stone is really the most important thing, now that the smell and look is there.

And the taste.
And the smell when you spark it...

:muahaha:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Throw fukkin back. Lil wispy hairs. "Who left the garbagecan lid open?!?!?" Art, I never caught the b'kyn ref till now. I never got that far from JerzE, same pif that the dominicans have JUST over the GW, no??? Anyway, the smell is the tell. If it throws you back to waitin in a fukkin foyer listening to the mrsoftee truck SIT on the corner, and get so bored you start to 'zone' on the lil tiles... It's the pif.

EDIT - In my PROFESSIONAL (not at all) breeding opinion, the seeds are s1's, so some variation is likely. :) GoArtGo!

Last edited:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
barletta said:
EDIT - In my PROFESSIONAL (not at all) breeding opinion, the seeds are s1's, so some variation is likely. :)

That's what I thought! So we'll see. But that's also why I'm phyched that the smell is present. So I'm hoping if any, the variation is on the other pheno and possibly the yield of this one.

I'm not being presumptous here at all. I won't say I have the Uptown Haze? 100% until I KNOW. But right now, the smell is present. Only on one. So theory of variation seem to be true.

bigherb

Veteran
art
my man great news uptown stank im lovin it.i tell u my man had som uptown bagseed outdoors ive only seen it in full flower but the leaves looks similar to urs thin single leaf comin out the colas but it was almost 6 ft n colas the size of my arm ,easily yielding a p , so its hard to compare caz it was closer to finish then ur but still not done n they werr chopped down the first week of oct.the branches had broke we tied them 2 wks earlier but i guess he didnt keep up n they broke som more so he bugged n took em down .i suggest u let them go till they tell u wen ther done.the live plants hav that uptown stank too but it def mellowed wen cut i believe more so caz they wer not finished.i told him to dry them as slow as possible n the finish product wit cure should beef up that stank.

wit little knowledge of growing from my friend i was very impressed so far i hav not got a taste yet.i was always obsessed wit all haze uppies especially but now im itching to grow som.ive heard many say they r not good producers but i believe my eyes

xOOx

Art,

wish i had a 100% unmistakable description on that smell man. all stuff i've ever gotten from my homie was passed off as dro, uptown, uptown haze, or just the haze (never used the 'piff' word that i can remember, i actually can't remember if i heard it from him or here first now lol. WEED.) and the words were always interchangeable..so i assumed the piff was the uptown haze, just people changing names around making it more thug - mistake maybe on my part. but it always put a wollop on me for quite a while .. but nothing where i freaked out and would NOT touch it again (only that throat burning brown stuff i talked about)

my girl reminds me of that haze stuff i've always gotten. so thats a little bit of the confusion with it i think. different circles, different blocks to re-up on. and different phenos of course. i still believe what i have is what i've gotten. but i guess it wasn't 'THE' piff ??

what exactly is the smell the plant gives off? i know, i know frankensence, but it smells like frankensence on the plant?? no.. right? did you try to dry a dying fan leaf (just pluck one) and when its dry .. crumple it up, take a wiff..burn it open air for a smell test?..make sure to take some leaf stem with the fan leaf.. there is no smell in veg right?

i've always described it as a soaring euphoric smack your tingling numb face smiling dreamy high..and most agree with that, but i didn't know that its suppose to be more of a crippling quadriplegic inducing effect - then i probably wouldn't like it. so i'm not really sure anymore, lol.

starting to drift back to the line of thought that maybe its decent real herb, but sprayed with an unscheduled easily obtainable psychoactive chemical. i saw a few possible ones on the DEA schedule list, that actually were for sale in the usa years ago, since they weren't really illegal to buy, but possibly illegal to consume, with similar effects to scheduled substances .. but were just recently scheduled completely. i wouldn't put this that far out of the realm of possibility, since we're dealing with very smart people here. smart business people. smart growers. smart chemists. the argument about it being more expensive to treat it is moot since buying any adulterant chemical in bulk is cheap, and if it has a very low dose/effect ratio it would not cut into profits. since you would need less weed, hence those tiny .7 .8g $20 bagz that last an unusually long time..

altho i truely don't want to believe this to be true at all, i really want it to be just uber weed. cause that would be just plain uncool if that was the case, being lied too like that.

i guess i just have to show you my piff, and you show me yours.
but with these draconian laws.. i'm scared man... so it seems to be working.
but let me have a few beers maybe i will change my mind, lol.

only thing you can do is up some true validated piff, and have it tested to see its content, but who is gonna do that ?? catch 22 ..

xoox

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
x00x - Don't sell your cut short, dude. If it does it for you, than it is PIF. Remember, pif is a made up name attached to all kinds of good buds. My OD x missMudd went as pif (even though I TOLD dude it was diesel..). Some grower came across a cut that does it for him and his needs, and now (some of) the best herb in the tri-st8 is that 'pif' cut.

Honestly, some of my Outdoor buds give me an equally complex/intense/enjoyable high as the pif. The pif has a certain FUNK, though. I'm rolling a blunt now of some MangoWidow and SuperSpice (spice x ssh) which should put me right where I need to be. Keep cracking seeds if you don't have what you want!! :)

Still, I would trade for some 'ay-yo' pif...

The Vermonster

Art those shots are beautiful and dont worry about the trich coverage this early bro.........I wonder how long they will take though.......i'm thinking 110 days or so.......my girls are growing quickly and ready for a t5 and some 2 gallon pots and then they will really take off!!!!!!!! I believe 1 of these 2 is going to be the fuel that will take rockets places they have never been!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TY for sharing the pics bro and nice freakin pistil shots.....gotta love the flash!!!!!!!!!

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
xOOx said:
Art,

wish i had a 100% unmistakable description on that smell man. all stuff i've ever gotten from my homie was passed off as dro, uptown, uptown haze, or just the haze (never used the 'piff' word that i can remember, i actually can't remember if i heard it from him or here first now lol. WEED.) and the words were always interchangeable..so i assumed the piff was the uptown haze, just people changing names around making it more thug - mistake maybe on my part. but it always put a wollop on me for quite a while .. but nothing where i freaked out and would NOT touch it again (only that throat burning brown stuff i talked about)

my girl reminds me of that haze stuff i've always gotten. so thats a little bit of the confusion with it i think. different circles, different blocks to re-up on. and different phenos of course. i still believe what i have is what i've gotten. but i guess it wasn't 'THE' piff ??

what exactly is the smell the plant gives off? i know, i know frankensence, but it smells like frankensence on the plant?? no.. right? did you try to dry a dying fan leaf (just pluck one) and when its dry .. crumple it up, take a wiff..burn it open air for a smell test?..make sure to take some leaf stem with the fan leaf.. there is no smell in veg right?

i've always described it as a soaring euphoric smack your tingling numb face smiling dreamy high..and most agree with that, but i didn't know that its suppose to be more of a crippling quadriplegic inducing effect - then i probably wouldn't like it. so i'm not really sure anymore, lol.

starting to drift back to the line of thought that maybe its decent real herb, but sprayed with an unscheduled easily obtainable psychoactive chemical. i saw a few possible ones on the DEA schedule list, that actually were for sale in the usa years ago, since they weren't really illegal to buy, but possibly illegal to consume, with similar effects to scheduled substances .. but were just recently scheduled completely. i wouldn't put this that far out of the realm of possibility, since we're dealing with very smart people here. smart business people. smart growers. smart chemists. the argument about it being more expensive to treat it is moot since buying any adulterant chemical in bulk is cheap, and if it has a very low dose/effect ratio it would not cut into profits. since you would need less weed, hence those tiny .7 .8g $20 bagz that last an unusually long time..

altho i truely don't want to believe this to be true at all, i really want it to be just uber weed. cause that would be just plain uncool if that was the case, being lied too like that.

i guess i just have to show you my piff, and you show me yours.
but with these draconian laws.. i'm scared man... so it seems to be working.
but let me have a few beers maybe i will change my mind, lol.

only thing you can do is up some true validated piff, and have it tested to see its content, but who is gonna do that ?? catch 22 ..

xoox

I have to just tell you how I feel man.

You want me to further and further describe the smell. It has it's descriptions. Sweaty gymsocks, mixed with incense, and a little aquarium "clean" smell.

But like with ANY other smell. You need to have a point of reference! You have out with a cut that has visual simularities to what I've been talking about (Uptown Haze) and I think all likeness ends there.

People have tried your cut. I have not spoken to these people directly about his opinion of the strain, but you yourself have said he said it is NOT the Uptown Haze WE are talking about and I believe said persons have done the same.

Have you ever smoked Uptown Haze? If you have you know. If you have, you know the smell I'm refferring to as many people that just chime in here to say "great to see this" do. If you know the smell you know the smell.

Why don't you go cop a bag of this marijuana and give ME a description?

Not trying to come off like a dick, but for real, you know what I'm talking about or you don't. I'm not going to repeat over and over descriptions that don't even need to be given if you know I'm talking about "the Piff".

What you thought was "the Piff" and even sent to someone to grow was in fact NOT "the Piff". So you are confused.

EDIT: I'm here to tell you a pretty decent grower of this plant, the SMELL IS NATURAL (and in my cab :joint: ). So please do not be one that continues to feed into stupid theories that people spray this herb with a chemical.

It's 100% mother nature.

And who the HELL says those skimpy bags last?!?!?!?!

I'm a real smoker and those things are gone before I get them!

Stop coming off like a "know it all". Someone that makes things up as they go along.

"an unscheduled easily obtainable psychoactive chemical. i saw a few possible ones on the DEA schedule list"

Dude do you know how you sound right now?

Last edited:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Barletta. Totally understand what you mean about the usuage of the word PIFF.

But I am trying to get away from that FOR THAT reason. This is the Uptown Haze?. Because it's a haze from uptown that is the reason for the need of words like PIFF.

LOL.

The Vermonster

If i had 10,000 different nugs and had a blindfold on i guarantee 100% i would tell ya which nug was the Uptown.......like Art said tis unmistakable.........when you catch a wiff of the UHaze its something you will never forget.........i'm totally stoked to see what happens next brother A~.......keep on keeping on!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
I hate to say it, but everybody has to wait to see if a bud with a 1 week dry tastes/smokes like pif. Take any plant in your garden. Rub the stem. Rub the underside of a fan. Rub the underside of a bud. They all smell different, but carry some similarities. I thought my ssh was THE pif until the buds dried a lil leathery and a lil lemony. I call that cut the iffy - she is almost, but not quite, the piffy. She has the 'garbage' but too much 'extra' going on.

I have a Martian Mean Green (1 of 3 that didn't herm) that looks like the buds pictured here, and carries a lil haze, and a lot of sweatysocks, but no 'garbage'. The buds are a lil fatter on the mmg than in the pif bags. I remember them resembling almonds in shape/size. I remember putting 8 or 9 into 1 sandwich baggie, and stuffing it into my sock thinking - 'Similar.'. Got home, and had an unsmokably wet ball of FUNK, lol.

I hope that you have the pif, Art. That way I can bitch in my head how I don't have 15 weeks to run a room of em...

EDIT - "Uptown" it is.

Last edited:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Yea. I'm thinking 15 - 17 weeks.

Sometimes I think about it and think it is in no way worth it.

But that is really yet to be determined, like you said Barletta. If it is really something special, I personally think it would be worth my time and effort. That is all opinion about whether you like indicas or sativas and want to dedicate that time.

But for me it really is indifferent as it's only under the 250 and I can still put other plants in as I get space.

I'll be signing off for a little. Going on an excursion.

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
Barletta. Totally understand what you mean about the usuage of the word PIFF.

But I am trying to get away from that FOR THAT reason. This is the Uptown Haze?. Because it's a haze from uptown that is the reason for the need of words like PIFF.

LOL.

truthfully many people from where i'm from just call it haze or dro. I've normally referred to it as NYC Haze cause it's a NYC staple that you can pretty much get throughout the city.

Though many people call that haze piff, i've heard the word piff thrown around so much, it holds no weight for me. I've heard people call borderline schwaggy indicas with a mango taste piff. I've even come across those who refer to strains with their own designated names as piff. But then again usually it's the uneducated corner boys (not all are dummies, but many aren't knowledgeable or even interested in studying about marijuana) who are not in the know. It's pretty much become a marketing term that doesn't mean shit in the vein of "grunge" or "streetwear". When I've searched for "piff" in the past, I usually just ask for haze and they know what to bring ya. Like you've all said, the smell is undeniable. So it's easy to just take a whiff, and you'll know if they've delivered.

And art I know I probably haven't smoked as heavily as you and as long as you (from my reading between the lines i've come to the conclusion you're older than me), but most people i know even the heavier users can easily get pretty zooted off a pinner of it.

anyways that's just my view added to this thread, i've been following it for a long time and like to catch up and chime in when I can. As a fellow lover of the piff and someone who knows a little something about the area it was birthed in.

BTW I'm loving the pics, those babies are looking beautiful!
I wonder what all the haters and naysayers are saying now. Though I bet a few of em need more proof, lol.

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
more than worth it agreed wit ill wait 24 weeks for that frankies it dont get no beta.i thought bout same as u art 15 -17.patients is a virtue nyc haze is legend

Kinderfeld

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
Yea. I'm thinking 15 - 17 weeks.

Sometimes I think about it and think it is in no way worth it.

But that is really yet to be determined, like you said Barletta. If it is really something special, I personally think it would be worth my time and effort. That is all opinion about whether you like indicas or sativas and want to dedicate that time.

Yea it is all about preference to some it might be worth it and to others it wont be. A good thing to do with an amazing strain (hopefully this turns out to be) is to breed it for its good properties and try and rule out its bad ones. If this plant turned out to be what your looking for I highly recommend crossing it and growing offspring to find a plant with the traits you want and less of the ones you don't want, for instance the insane flowering time. No doubt this will take time but imagine a plant with it's smell and high but with a more indica structure and flower time. Even making it into and IBL and then make a true 'f1' will provide a very nice plants. my 2cents
:lurk:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts