What's new

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

xOOx

barletta,

yeah.

they do not play, bud like this one i've gotten from my dominican homie from uptown sources. it had this same funky odor when broken -- both of them had it when dried. it is unmistakeable.. the fragance. unique. i'm sure someone elses setup may produce a different odor, maybe the chemicals/nutes or additives used might change the way it produces its terpenes. i would 100% agree with that.

don't get me wrong. the one i like has the skunk/piss odors in flower and veg, but once dried, it doesn't. it takes on a new smell, very similar to the pineapple/soury pheno, just a tiny bit more spicey. it smokes to me smooth, no cough, no burning sensation or tickling in throat. a cool peppermint patty, cool n sweet and very tasty. taste stays on your tongue for a while during the high. no skunk piss taste, lol. the smell left in the air is just old school pot. sweet burning rope? or burning dried banana peel, lol. it just smells like pot 2 me. no doubt about it, you smell it in the room when you walk in, you will think POT was here. i have to get this frankenscene inscense to compare. any hippy stores around the area still sell inscense sticks? maybe in one of the mall stores. hmm

xoox

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Day 10 Flowering​

Piff #1

3971Piff_1day10fl.JPG

From above. Notice the very thin sativa-like leaf structure. I've noticed both of the Piff's haven't shown me ANY 9 fingered leaves yet. And the Piff #1 is JUST showing me 7 fingered leaves.

3971Piff_1above.JPG

Piff #2

3971Piff_2day10.JPG

The fan leaves on this pheno are CLEARLY skinnier. Probably the skinniest leaves I've had experience with. This one is TALL. And still hasn't shown me anything more than 5 fingered leaves. Thus are sativas apparently.

3971Piff_2above.JPG

And for a little perspective, here is the entire cabinet. The two Piff's are the two center pots. (one is crooked) I had prop up all the other plants. To even out the canopy a bit. Good thing I switched early and have the height to raise the light.

3971cabday10fl.JPG

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
don't be surprised if they stretch for about 3 weeks

I won't be. It was part of the plan. But 11 more days? (and I can see it going longer, or NEVER STOPPING) Damn sativas. No wonder people don't want to put up with them inside. :bashhead: Something tells me it's going to be worth it.

OK, 1 wk, Art. Rub the hell outta the stems and sniff 1 hand, do the same with the leaves with the other hand... Sorry, but I AM gonna bug you at least 1 time per wk for smell/tendency updates!

Barletta, they both smell a little simular. After reading your post, I went in to inspect further and was HAPPILY surprised. Piff #2 gave me a hint of that putrid stank. Just a hint. I will certainly keep you updated. And FYI, I'm flowering clones with the moms happy in my veg. box.

lookin good bro i told u #2 look like ya winner.

bigherb, how ya been. LoL! You've said many things about the Piff, as I have to you. We shall see where the chips fall. And my offer still stands to smoke one. :rasta:
Ever get a light yet? :muahaha: Stay safe.

The ssh smell that is 'piffy' (12wk clone, I labeled 'iffy' cause it's almost pif..) is a sweet herbal incensey garbage flower. Nothing stinky or stanky (IMO) about it. Very pelasing smell. DIFFERENT FLAVOR FUNK. The catpiss is like a garlic or skunk or burnt rubber. Kinda repulsive, but you know that it's dank weed behind it. I just smoked a bowl of ssh(iffy), and I keep wakling in and out of the room sniffing. And SMILING...

I've had many a "iffy" pheno pass through my lungs. I have to find out if there is any SSH in Cocktail Frank's Big Pink Pole, as I remember smoking some at N&J's and getting a nice WHIFF WHAFT of PiffPaff. Maybe he can chime in. SSH X NL#5? Who knows. Very well is feasable, but as bigherb and the Tootsie Roll Pop guy have stated, "The world may never know." Hopefully we'll all be able to grow it anyway one day soon!

'm sure the pineapple/grapefruit/mangoish one is buried in its genetic somewhere. i still have a bunch of seeds but i think they may be dead by now for sure. i've soaked them 24 hrs and tried to germ them but put them back in baggies to try again some other day if i get bored.

Soak em' if ya got em'! I also think many of the "hints" of smells one gets from a bud are VERY uniqe in the way one descibes them. What may be mango to you, may be apple or pear to me. What may be skunky could be spicy, though certain descriptions leave MUCH less room for interpretation. ie. Skunk is skunk. Spice is spice. Earth is earth. But when it comes to 'fine tuning' smells, I feel it's much like one's interpretation of a thoughtful prose or a poem.

I find that the catpiss and grapefruit smells hang out together. I have never smelled or tasted citrus or skunk or catpiss or lemon or anything in pif. I am not the 'pif expert' by any means, I just love smoking it, and it NEVER crossed my mind to look for a seed, but I don't remember ever seeing 1. I got my pif in a 4 block radius over a ~8yr span. Same strain, same flavor, different names. Was a dominican neighborhood, all the dudes were dominicanos, so I am with the folks that are sayin that they are movin/growin it. My Rican dudes tell me that dominicans DON'T PLAY, so that's why it's been locked away.

Agreed, but they clearly CAN'T handle a strain of such potential. It's like a great Eastern idea. I'm about to 'Westernize' or 'Americanize' this bitch. Do the work. Take the notes. Ship it out with instructions. "Just add water. 89 days later..." Sometimes it must be done this way. Especially when the owner of the idea (whatever it may be) become hording seniles thinking THEY are ENTITLED. That is crazy.

My relationship with America is one of love and hate. I hate many of the things my governement does to me, but I LOVE the idea of the "American Dream". Anything is possible. And with that sentiment, I can do whatever I feel is required to achieve my "happiness". Even though some may think this thinking is flawed and this is not attainable nowadays, my money is on THEY HAVE NEVER TRIED. Mostly in part due to that thinking. :rant:

Sorry. But my rantings on America hold validity here. My goal, in ways, is to Americanize this strain. Make it available either for free (much like how we download and share music) or for a MENIAL cost (non-for profit), to cover any cost I may incur. I have no idea where this may end. That fate lies in the turnout of these very plants. Without them, I have nothing. So only time will still tell.

My experience with Dominicans has been mixed, as my experience with human beings has been. I've met some stellar personalities. (Staunch, honest, no funny business, willing to sacrafice for business, trustworthy) And some pieces of shit. Many in between. The POS can go "embrace thier whackness" (lol, my little line.) Thier choices to act that way (which by the way is not what they think it is: "gangster". True g's know how to relax and keep thier cool in ANY situation. Meaning they don't let thier ANGER or any other emotion control them. That is a female trait. Sorry. LoL) :rant:

Best case senario, they are elite Piff plants.

Next would be a close or even some resemblance to the Uptown Haze. Invloving a cross of sorts. Even if the first is the result, crosses will certainly be experimented with.

There is no male counterpart. Those who chimed in earlier and stated a male from a selfed plant would be rare, seem to have been correct. And have further encouraged me that these are in fact what I think they are...

Everyone stay safe. And possibly, if/when I break this 'case', I might post up pics of the very blocks these fuckers lurk on. I call thier blocks thier 'prison'. One they like to be in. EMBRACE YA WHACKNESS! HAHAHA! :muahaha: :violin:

Later, friends. :joint:

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry ART,
the BPP is strawberry diesel x (abusive ogk x ssh)
the ssh used is the father of the abusive kushaze dad i used.
its a 100 day ssh from rez via shanti seedstock of old.
some of the better haze out there imo, (ssh)
the abusive kushaze dad was ssh dom, which i crossed to a few things.
being i love the haze myself :D

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
cocktail frank said:
ART, pinch those stems.
or those babies are gonna grow way past the light.

Pinch em as in LST? Not cut em? Just pinch em so I can bend em over? Or just take of the tops?

I was thinking this as well, but also thought maybe letting them go natural because I have the space. But I see no end in sight with these fuckers!

Lemme know.

And, in case you don't see it above, what is BPP lineage. LoL. I'm a lazy hypocrite today!

EDIT:

cocktail frank said:
sorry ART,
the BPP is strawberry diesel x (abusive ogk x ssh)
the ssh used is the father of the abusive kushaze dad i used.
its a 100 day ssh from rez via shanti seedstock of old.
some of the better haze out there imo, (ssh)
the abusive kushaze dad was ssh dom, which i crossed to a few things.
being i love the haze myself :D

LoL. I knew that SSH was in there. I'm pretty much convinced that it's somewhere in the Piff's lineage. Period. Thoughts?

Last edited:

xOOx

#1 looks familiar from the above shot. some fat leaves on the bottom starting there.

cf speaks the truth. they will completely open up and cover everything that you have in your cab. maybe just one at a time in your cab? lol!

severe training soon!!

looking great so far tho!! i don't think i've ever seen 9 fingers, 6 or 7 at most i think. i flower them so early they may not have enough time to get that many fingers, already slowing down 5,4,3,2,1(single blade leaves) by the time they start, lol.

xoox

bigherb

Veteran
art
LOL my man i shall soon take u up on this offer.more fingers com out lata in the grow i believe it took me bout ova a month 4 my p.wreck to put out 9 fingers. is this dean a new hybrid or bagseed?
right now im letting the sunshine in will see wat da new year brings

frank
so is this the ultimate best haze eva that rez was tlking bout.how does it compare to som piff?

Kinderfeld

I don't like to pinch unless absolutely necessary...LST all the way and it shouldn't be a prob. Sativas can handle a good web of string too...

looking good bro,
only a few more months before the buds start rollin in...lol

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Dean are bagseed. They look really nice though. I have no clones, mostly due to no dedicated space for moms, but if anything real amazing comes through, I'll re-veg.

I'll post pics after I pinch and let that lower growth catch up. I like that idea. And I attempted this outdoors this season. The results were better than expected.

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
ARTofMAKINGfire said:
And, in case you don't see it above, what is BPP lineage. LoL. I'm a lazy hypocrite today!
we're allowed some lazyness sometimes :p
bpp=rez's abusive og crossed to some ssh and cf hit that with strawberry diesel pollen [also via reservoir. but its the real one, not the remake. haha :) call ya soon :wave:]

asher1er

Veteran
def pinch them tops..

im workin on grabbin the haze cuts from a couple different people which should have different mom's from what i have.. i'll keep ya posted :joint:

B

Bubble Puppy

better take 1 cut ,my re-veg failed on pre-98 bubba kush,now she's long gone........

OH MAN, MY EYES ARE FATIGUED. I've just caught up from my last post and things are looking positive. It's good to be back in this thread as a fellow NYC Piff Lover. MMM, can't wait to see the end result.

Anyways, goodnight all. I'm beat after all this reading in addition to the previous IC threads i've been reading all night. Time to turn on Leykis 101 and go night night. Long Live The Piff. :rasta:

Last edited:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
My life will not be complete unless I can smoke some pif in a dutch, and wander around some neighborhood following the MrSoftee song 1 more time...

Art, get to rubbin those leaves! Oh, and take some clones...

ps Those reggie plants look great too.