What's new

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
XooX never intended it to be a pissing contest....just stating.....plus tha cut vegge's like wildfire.....MM

The Vermonster

Nice guys!!!! All is looking sweet!!!! Can't wait to get this strain going asap......i should have it by Saturday.........awesome thread ART!!!!!!

xOOx

Mm..

yeah that's another requirement!!!

must veg like mile a minute weed! or no veg at all - from first legs right into 12/12!

j/k!

but of course bro, i'm just making a joke as usual! i'm sure it's all good. u know me by now..

...but don't u mean a piffffffffing contest tho? LOL

maybe we need its own ny/nj cup to PIFF in!

ok i better quit while i'm ahead before some people get piffed off

damn, i gotta take a piff

xoox :rasta:

asher1er

Veteran
i can get a few different cut's from a couple other groups..maybe i'll send them up with block numbers like xoox suggested :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha:

be safe everyone :joint:

didn't see the smoke report comment... i didn't slow dry any of my work i do have a little bit in a jar which i will pick at later on down the line maybe let you know from that... but when you been with the same shit for so long it gets boring n far from anything special lol :joint:

Last edited:

dub 6

Yo.. aint nothin like that piff from dykeman around '98-'99. FIYAAAAAAA!!! :::MOP Style::: :rasta:

Since then the shit has fallin off.. and im talkin bout from dykeman, 150s btwn B'way and Amsterdam and the 170s..

Guess they may has crossed it too much??

They used to have that wood too. Any idea what strain that was? It was like real hard, dark, compact weed, used to come in hard lil cubes.. (was called "tyson" in bk) but it was fire too.. we used to twist dutchies of the wood and piff... called that shit "beef and broccoli" :dance:

Damn.. high school memories

Used ta holla at them dominican cats like... "Oye, papa... where that shit at?!" :bandit:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Hahahaha wrong side of bway holmes...bet bway and riverside!! lol. I used to wonder if there was enough bud in Spanish Harlem to make like a 3 story 'block' of brick weed...

Wow I am smoking a ssh seedplant that I cut 7wks after first flower, and it is making me question EVERYTHING I know (THOUGHT I kknew) bout piff. DEAD ON smell, breaking it up flash dried gave me flash backs, fingers smell the same for hours after smoking it (usually down the HHudson lol.) I have to grow more commercial hazes, but this cut might be 'Early Pif'. Seems closer than the 12weeker that I've been holding for a while...

Guess we will just have to see ow Art's turns out, as it's his thread, and I believe him bout the piffy iffy (aka. 1997's, "Lemmie get 6 20's of that dro for a hundred..." The name has changed, and it was pif only after I wouldn't get served, but I would NEVER FORGET the herb... This SSh is close, as I thought I had a tolerence, and part of the pif legend, I always chalked up to my having at least a 2 hour tolerance (trip to the city --->block--->midtown to burn...) before I smoked it. Um, I've BEEN smokin, and this bud has me a rockin... :)

Go Art, Go. |-}

EDIT - Pif cup 2009 - The Smell is the Tell!!! If your bud makes my face and feet tingly at the same time in random waves 20min after smokin, it's in!! Damn, that's the piff criteria. Has to smell like the block on garbage day, and be head crushingly strong...

Last edited:

xOOx

barletta,

lol! ok. 20 minutes for body electric sativa buzz requirement. super creeper, so give it 25-30 ;)

i hear ya on the tolerance thing, maybe back then just didn't have any to it, so it seemed way stronger. that may be true as i never let my tolerance build up to the max point. i smoke the same amount every time. every night, and so far its been doing the same thing for me. i guess if i was to force myself to start pounding j's tolerance would come. but its a little bit more difficult because it forces you to stop. 'had enough so far' feeling, and don't want to go through the intese raciness just to be able to say hey look at how much i can smoke! reg. commercial i've had was one hit one night, two the next...three the next. tolerance was quick to build. high got shorter. time for a week or two break soon though, started to get dazey and hazey in the mornings and afternoon from too much, it stays in your system for a while after you smoke the night before, i think its still mildly active. multiple stoner moments throughout the day when sober signals break time for me.

you know i broke a few more buds up to reload my hitter. i still to this day can't place the smell on any other commercial bud. my fingers kinda smell like rotten warm garbage/burned rubber glue and car grease + exotic spices. but thats the oil juices thats in the bud, the bud itself has a different odor when just broken and pushed to the nose. soury rotten skunk spice..tangy lemoney acidic grapefruit grease chemical with a touch of garlic, i dunno. need more opinions .. does it qualify!!

but this is Art's show, good luck man!

To the tri-state piff cup 09'!!

asher! you have to show proof of residency at the door, no florida grown krippy buds allowed (theres something in the water) .. j/k! ;)

go for it art! pix!

xoox

asher1er

Veteran
xOOx said:
asher! you have to show proof of residency at the door, no florida grown krippy buds allowed (theres something in the water) .. j/k! ;)

go for it art! pix!

xoox

Maybe its our water that makes it special?? :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
asher1er said:
i can get a few different cut's from a couple other groups..maybe i'll send them up with block numbers like xoox suggested :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha:

be safe everyone :joint:

didn't see the smoke report comment... i didn't slow dry any of my work i do have a little bit in a jar which i will pick at later on down the line maybe let you know from that... but when you been with the same shit for so long it gets boring n far from anything special lol :joint:

Send em! You know they got a place.

And mM. Maybe some of those quick veggin branches could find they way ova hea. I have to deal with bodegas and mailmen who keep your cuts and store them in ovens apparently. I think I saw steam when I opened that shit! hahaaha.

Vermonster, you'll have em Wed. Check your PM's. :joint:

dub 6 - All day I would rock a beef a broc in front of a cop.

barletta - I beleive you man. Same kind of experience at Nugs and Jugs:
Imnotcrazy says something about CF's Big Pink Pole tasting so good. (lol, like Piffy). threeeleven agreed and they both said I should smoke some.
"You got some?" I asked.
"Yea."
"Ok. There's a bong."
We packed a bowl. I took a hit.
"Yea. I see what mean. It smells piffy too."
And it looked a little piffy and smelt like it too.

So yea. That's my story.

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm gonna put it out there for ya's.
the more i smoke the mango haze, the more im convinced that the piff is a slightly different pheno of it.
im gonna snatch up a few more packs, somewhere , when they are available.
grow out bout 30 seeds and push for the grail

asher1er

Veteran
i've heard the word mango a few times when talkin about the "90day" over the passed couple years, while associating with some old timer cubans so who knows :joint:

i'll give that mango a try lol :joint:

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
Morning all,
All this talk of Piff has hydro thinking, maybe one day to get lucky

Hey art what size are those containers you have your babies in?

Hey CF have you gotten to anynormal sleep pattern with the new adidition yet?
I haope all is well and good with you and the family.

Hey ashler and all else if you ever make down my way you have a couch to lay your head, no need for a hotel.

Stay safe and high.
..........HYDRO.......

B

Bubble Puppy

I love this thread ,,,very interesting..If any of u guys need silver water to make s1's of the piff send me a pm..

xOOx

y0 cf,

mango haze is a variation of an SSH ya?
same father, different SSH sister 4 mother?
so SSH shows up in the mix again.

hmm, i think you're getting closer dude. SSH may be a part of it, but i think the other side of it is x colombian heirloom x dominican heirloom or x mexican heirloom, which gives it a little different feel during the buzz. most likely i'd think the heirloom would be the mother (since it was being cropped), and the father a trial run of SSH that went wrong an hermied in the room - hence why it will throw a few beans very late in flower i wouldn't go over 90. we may never know. it's all still speculation. until the sam the skunkman of the piff decides to log in and share the history we may never know - so where are ya pepito da piffmon?

what's the buzz like on the mango, u feel like u went to the dentist with a shot of novacaine in your gums while sticking your tongue on 9v battery or what ..? thats what i get from piffy haze. all that with a quivering shit eating grin and many minds eye visuals racing by clouding my hazey vision .. throw in the gravity pushing down, lifting off sensation and body tingles, soaring! and you got it man.

i'm telling ya. some of the colombian leaning phenos (which i don't prefer) make my tongue get all jumpy like an epileptic seizure coming on, can't hold it still in my mouth, lol. but that trait is not one i like at all! i can get these sensations from one to two hits and 20-30 minutes after. you can see why someone who unknowingly smokes a whole j of the piff would be in a shitfaced panic attack, and some wind up in the ER. i've been poisoned! its laced! help! you may not be so relaxed with the sensations if you didn't know 100% for sure you grew it yourself. the creeper makes it easy to keep smoking it and once you start feeling the point you want to stop, it's too late, it keeps rising up, up, up, outer space cloud walking begins. is this mango haze too?

dub, i haven't had any store bought uptown for like almost 3 years now, so its gone weak from watered down crosses?! ono maybe i will throw my dominican homie 40 to bring me back a sack to see what they're slinging these days.

xoox

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
cocktail frank said:
the more i smoke the mango haze, the more im convinced that the piff is a slightly different pheno of it.

Do it man. This plant has thrown so many curveballs at me I wouldn't doubt ANYTHING.

And the Cubans talking about Mango doesn't hurt either.

CF how are those Piffs coming along?

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Hydro. They are 1.7 gallon containers. 7" square rose pots. 10" tall.

Pretty nice pots. I'll see how they perform in a SOG. I hope they are big enough for BIG bud production...

JJ-NYC

cocktail frank said:
It's very doutful that it is Mango Haze or SSH, because the Piff has been around since the early 90's(I first smoked it in 92). Way before any of these strains were made. I was told it was a NL5 X Haze pheno. The straight Cough is also a NL5 X Haze pheno it is said to be simular to the Piff also.

The Vermonster

What is an avg yield for a nice piff say w/ 4 weeks veg time in a 3 gallon pot under 1400 watts w/ 11 other plants under avg growing conditions fed twice a week in coco??? I also have a sssdh and the nevilles as well......sick of the lazy highs and wanna learn about these nice hazes out there.........i also heard they HATE eating! Any help or advice will be appreciated........

Last edited:

killa-bud

Veteran
imo the "piff" has a strong indica influence,i remember being STUCK too where ever i was sitting after smoking it, combined with the mind racing paranoia, its some scary bud if your not an experenced smoker...