What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pics from India

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Dkgrower,
Great photos!
What year did you first visit India?
I have been there 15 times, 1970 the first time.
I love India, with all of it's good and bad.
You can see a few of my India photos if you look at my gallery.
I love the mountains, both North and South.
But it is the people I love the most...
-SamS

Last edited:

Mr Pink

What do you mean by "But it is the people..."?

I've been living with a european girl of se asian origins for ten years, and have also lived and worked in se asia for a bit more than a year. The land is beautiful in some places there too, but it is the people... I visited Nepal once, I think I felt a difference and folks were not like other asians on the surface but the poverty and cruelty and violence are the same, and the people... In a nutshell what I feel is that natural selection rules apply much more strongly than here in the west, which is painful to witness and even more painful to be a part of. We quit openly using slaves some time ago, they didn't and this alone prevents me from being too enthusiast about the people.
They're clearly tougher than us and more used to death and violence, and although I still enjoy visiting asia I wouldn't live there anymore. I like the feeling of safety and control we enjoy to organize our lives here.

No kidding, when I was in SEA around that area, the people were way harder than I imagined. Any old women over there would pimp smack the toughest guys I know in the states. Tough people, but with a different grounding in reality that allows them to express themselves differently than most.

Dkgrower

Veteran
Hey Sam i just did some math and my first trip to india was 1995, 18years old and full power i was surpose to go 3-4 months but the trip took 11 months, pakistan and nepal got included

The trip change me and got inspired to study geology and i hope that in 2011 i will finish my master =).

I love it all =) but the himalya mountains are my top spot on this planet

Btw pls upload your pics if you feel fore it

Dkgrower

Veteran
More pics from Spity vally alot off turist when i was there :dance013:

P7190418.jpg

P7190397.jpg

P7180389.jpg

This is how you bend rocks into a mountain

P7200497.jpg

P7200502.jpg

awsome pics! My neurologist is indian,and he said that they have very good dung (medicated milk) there and the hashish is everywhere. wish I could get some beans from there. peace

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
yeh looks very nice was sapposed to go in jan but it wasnt meant to be this year prob be going nxt jan I hope looks fun < oh I think the milk drink is called bhang not dung,lolhahahah
PeaceTS

Dkgrower

Veteran
Hey all thanks fore the words.

Teemu is right its called Bhang and it can be made in many ways and when made properly it will get you so stoned to the bone

I tryed once to help one guy make the paste that you use in bhang, it was very simpel a very big wooden mortar, that we filled with female flower and a littel ghee- butter then we hit the flowers untill they become a paste, then that paste can be put into hot milk, curd coffee..

Hope you make it next year Teemu

Rowdy420

Thank you all for the brief look into India, hopefully I can follow the trail one day. Looks as if some/most of the herb is quite wild. I'm sure there are some gems to be found still.

The mountain shots are spectacular!

Cant believe i havn´t seen this before now.....sorry Dk
That is some absolutely amazing picture, the mountain pic looks like the rocks was shot out of the earth. Hey and love those strawberry tarts. Just like momma made them :D India style

Beautiful Thread DKgrower. This made feel like I need to visit this wonderfull land.

I read that it's quite cheap to pass some months in India bur is it safe too?

txuck

amazing pictures Dkgrower... i hope to come back India this summer again...:blowbubbles: if weather works i would like go to north...
Thanks for sharing:tiphat:
agur

Dkgrower

Veteran
Namaste, halek Bom Shiva

Txuck i hope u go rember monsun time juni july but u can make the classic escape to ladak and spity vally farther north.

Optimus india is very safe and i feel very safe in all my travels there..

Bom shiva

L

longearedfriend

such a shame because I have off from school around may 15th to september

and from dec 15th to january 10th

dont really have time and monsoon time seems like it's a nono

maybe nepal during monsoon time ??

I heard the monsoon is not the same there, that the mountains block the clouds

Dkgrower

Veteran
Hey i hope u went to india Longeredfriend, i always to the mountains in the summer time but i dont mind the rain that much and when i get to fed up with it i go to Spity and Ladak regions where the monsum cant reach

Bom shiva