What's new

Phylos Bioscience sparks outrage after announcing their beginning their own breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

clearheaded

they dont need to prevent it to be cloned folks. they just have to get the gov to have rules that force any legal grower to buy the clones if want that registered patented GENOTYPE.

monsanto does this and why farmers are forced to purchase seeds now and cannot grow from there own seed stock... prettty fd up! monsanto sued guys who did saying could be cross pollinated with there patented canola etc.

Brother Nature

Or we could just keep growing it illegally like we have since it was first outlawed in the 1300's, the 1700's, the 1800's and the 1900's...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Do you think it is possible to get it to change sex or go to autoflower before it roots?

Would there be a viable alternative type of prevention?

Not change sex no, auto flower is easy and feminised autos are the easiest line to protect, but they won't be running lines, they will be running specific clones. So they won't want autos. And they'll obviously be female clones, so feminised seeds or regular makes no difference to the clones, so where's the advantage to the lab to make them that way? Unless they release b grade seeds to commercial farmers a la Monsanto.
The stuff sold by the ton to pharma will be their own exclusive clone for repeatable ratios. The way they will protect it is the same way everything of value is protected, high security, legal contracts and lobbying for favourable laws.
Breeders rights etc only apply to stuff that others will get their hands on. And then only restrict visible growers.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Luckily we have an extensive underground in the cannabis community, so we will not be reliant on upstart jokers.

Still anticipating that p-13 clone though

Drunken Buddha

Jay Michaels of NorCal Seeds and Genetics comments on patent laws and Phylos:

https://www.patentdocs.org/2017/11/biotech-institutes-growing-patent-portfolio-us-patent-no-9095554-and-the-path-forward.html

picture.php

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style>

Last edited:
I

izzypog

Though in the 70's they probably didn't even see weed getting this good.

lol, I hear this a lot.......I was smoking then and I'm still smoking now and I'd rather have one gram of a tropical sativa grown that was grown in the ground and under the sun than an ounce of just about any modern hybrid that was grown under lights in 8 weeks....why? because it's all about the quality of the high.

Today's bud smells great, tastes great, finishes flowering in 8 weeks not 5 months, yields 3 times more and is stronger but the highs are mostly boring with a short duration...when was the last time you were exhilarated or inspired or delighted and high for 4 hours after smoking a joint of today's bud? When was the last time you had laughed so much that your stomach hurt next day? When was the last time you had a creative thought after smoking today's hybrids?

Most bud nowadays gives a short, strong, boring buzz, I just can't call it a "high", it's more like a "low" as it dumbs down and doesn't uplift.

Just pictures from a cannabis cup way back it all looked like trash

Back in the 70's it was always about the quality of the high, looks or smell never mattered (why would it?)...the only reason I smoke cannabis is to get high. Now days, it's all about looks, smell, flowering duration, yield....the quality of the high is not mentioned most of the time.

I was wrong, I really thought that as soon as the US, California especially became legal then we would see every one growing sativas that take 5 ~ 6 months to complete flowering...but instead all we see is more fatter, faster, stronger, bigger hybrids that have boring, monotone effects.

The high from today's buds is about as good as practicing guitar in your room, the high from a great 70's tropical sativa was like playing a lead guitar solo in front of 10,000 cheering fans...that's the difference, but you can keep smoking your pretty, scented buds and I'll keep smoking my sun grown sativas.
YES! Exactly. That is what I have been looking for.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Not true as much you say you are are just wrong PHYLOS has no DEA permits.
I am not defending any of PHYLOS actions, I am correcting the Tin-Foil-Hat wearers, accusers that have zero idea of the truth.

-SamS

^^^ That won't happen.

Phylos and it's partners have had DEA approval for long time now and we'll leave it at that. :peek:

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you going to make a definitive statement at a later date Sam,?,,, is it basically still up in the air atm?,, il let you lead then il check ya footsteps

troutman

Seed Whore
My wife is a liver transplant and also need Meds daily from Big Pharma or she will reject her liver.

I know about her liver transplant thing was reading about that last night.
Must be hard dealing with that seeing the liver is very important for health.

W

Water-

"The Quixotes of this Age fight with the Wind-mills of their owne Heads."

I

izzypog

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
― Plato

shaggyballs

Veteran
So if the trolls want to keep this thread going with fluff, to take it off topic.

I can always start another thread to discuss this, just sayin if your trying to side track things it will not work.
220px-Forbidden-151987.svg.png

White Beard

You’ve already started *several* threads about this one topic.

We get it: you’ll never be over Macho Grande...but continuing to sing that One. Song. Over. And OVER...makes *you* the troll, or as Churchill said about fanatics, the one who can’t change his mind and WON’T change the subject.

Enough, please! We all learned some very important and unlikeable lessons, we all had our say, multiple times, and we’ve beaten the broken corpse into the ground. If that’s not enough, maybe the GOP can launch another “investigation” into Hillary’s emails for you.

herbgreen

Veteran
Mowgli and phylos would love for this to blow over and die down which is what they are counting on

There has been a lot more than expected come out of this

I'd say keep a good steady flame to their clown shoes....

Good places to catch updates on the situation

https://www.instagram.com/sungrownmidz/

futurecannabisproject.org

White Beard

I think it would be a mistake to forget it, or to pretend it never happened. Mistakes we forget tend to repeat.

I think it would maybe be a bigger mistake to imagine we’re some sort of tribunal, and can attack and abuse “the accused” to “face” us, and rule on them somehow. To the extent we’re a community, we have our say, and we act accordingly. I hope.

Keeping up with the continuing unraveling of Phylos only makes sense. Trashing reputations and causing the community to come off like angry children - that makes *no* sense. That’s not “informed”, that’s not the “moral high ground”.

I don’t know anyone involved in this at all, and I don’t care. I’m here for the fallout from Phylos, not to see who we’re going to “try” next.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Hey white beard are you being paid to keep this topic quiet?
Why do you care if I continue?
If you do not wish to hear anymore on the subject just go the fuck away already... sheesh.
If you do not wish to see this thread, don't look and don't read this thread, super simple
Remember you need not shut down the whole internet, just change the channel brother.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Summary:
Most everybody involved states they could see what was happening at the start.

We will now call this fact.

The deception is evident, no doubt.
Their were some so called celebrity types telling good folks round here they had nothing to worry about send them and me all of your stuff.

Deliberate deception is very evident.
I would like to see those that deliberatly decieved nice folks be discredited and no longer be looked up to by the community.

These folks and their actions would not be accepted on the mean streets so why should we accept it here.

accountability

In my neighborhood they would get taken out to the alley for a good talkin' to.

But here they are defended by groupee types....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.