What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Really Cool Quotes

qwerty

This thread is for really cool quotes. It doesn't have to be verified, or be famous, it just has to be really cool. Let's get the party started. Enjoy.

Here are a few quotes I think are really cool.

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." - Voltaire

"Once you get into this family, there's no getten' out." - Tony Soprano

"Then I was afloat with Eddie Rickenbacker, who was asked, after he was rescued, what the biggest lesson was that he had learned while drifting about with his buddies in life rafts for twenty-one days when lost in the Pacific during World War II.

Rickenback had replied, "The biggest lesson I learned was that if you have all the fresh water you want to drink and all the food you want to eat, you ought never to complain about anything."

If I am not wasted, a day is!

Peace & Love

Let's see some really cool quotes. :joint:

Last edited:
Nice thread. I'm a big fan of cool quotes.

“The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking... The solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.” - Albert Einstein

"Reality is merely an illusion, albiet a very persistant one." -Albert Einstein

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson

"...what ever you feel in your heart you should do, that is exactly what you should do.
You live with the decisions you make. Change them in what ever way you feel fit and be happy my friend that today is the only thing guaranteed. Peace." -This is a quote by Unicorn from here at ICmag. I hope he doesn't mind that I saved his quote and reposted it, but I found it to be one of the most touching messages I've ever read. Thanks Unicorn :wave: .

Dan42nepa

I always liked oscar wilde... here are some of his:

I am not young enough to know everything

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much

Ambition is the last refuge of the failure

Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future

Woman begins by resisting a man's advances and ends by blocking his retreat.

G

the road of life is rocky,
and you may stumble too,
so while you're pointin' fingers
someone else is judging you

bob marley&the wailers

Last edited:

qwerty

"Here's something to think about: How come you never see a headline like 'Psychic Wins Lottery'?" - Jay Leno

G

it is better to live on a housetop
than to live in a houseful of confusion

bob marley

Last edited:

Yummybud

Veteran
the shit hawks are coming and they're shitting on everyone.

it's like a surface to air nuclear shit missile.

Mr.Lahey.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you're living in a glasshouse, don't throw no stones. - Temptations

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.

fr33th3w33d

A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism.

When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it.

-carl sagan

and the sig quotes too.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gelatinous said:
the road of life is rocky,
and you may stumble too,
so while you're pointin' fingers
someone else is judging you

bob marley&the wailers

Great quote. :joint:

Tarkus

Mother Nature's Son
Veteran
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
-Albert Einstein

D

daisy jane

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer." -Ken Kesey

And also, the two in my signature.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
i think it was Evelyn Waugh who said

"One should try everything at least once except folkdancing and incest."

ok-i've tried folkdancing and it WAS a bad idea

eddie

Latest posts

Latest posts