What's new

Phylos Bioscience sparks outrage after announcing their beginning their own breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewsif

Marijuana is more potent than used to be. Who gets credit for that governed propaganda?

They call it skunk in some countries.

I never wanna pay anyone for calling a plant skunk. Especially not the ones who want paid. The ones who don't understand this plant and who's only connection to it is financial.

W

Water-

Manure, you and him are both midgets standing on the shoulders of giants. Can you imagine someone has a little bit of success and it lets their head swell like that? Oh well, I guess it happens to everyone.

You are obviously to young to have had the experience but the seeds that Sam brought to Holland came back to the US and created some amazing herb.
some of the happiest stoniest days off mine and many peoples lives are the result of Sams doing.

I am thankful for that and all the others that gave us the genetics that we have today.

Its important to give poeple the respect they deserve for what they have definetly done, regardless of hearsay :pirate:

shaggyballs

Veteran
You are obviously to young to have had the experience but the seeds that Sam brought to Holland came back to the US and created some amazing herb.
some of the happiest stoniest days off mine and many peoples lives are the result of Sams doing.

So let me see if I have the facts straight?
Sam brought someone elses work to holland and then brought them back with some modification and he is a american hero?:biggrin:

I am thankful for that and all the others that gave us the genetics that we have today.

Its important to give poeple the respect they deserve for what they have definetly done, regardless of hearsay

I think your Cannabis heros may need re-evaluation.

W

Water-

The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.

Friedrich Nietzsche

shaggyballs

Veteran
The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.

Friedrich Nietzsche

That guy may have had some good things to say but this aint one of them.

Love your enemy is a good thing, have love and compassion for even the lowest of us.

Hate is never good ever, distaste is one thing but I personally try never to even use the word HATE.
I also try to block the emotion.
While it is hard it can be done.

Hate my friends never!
Dislike and distaste for their actions?
Ya, ok I will go that far.
Why would you ever hate your friends?
Unless you have a limited source to pick from such as prison.
There you are forced to make friends with those you may already hate.

If that is what he is trying to say then I dont agree either.
But that sort of action will take you far in this money driven world of ours no doubt!

Peace
Shag

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Be the kind of friend you would want to have around.

Figured out that one the hard way with my wife. But I feel it applies to any relationship.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Friends will fuck you the worst. Well, family first. Then, friends. Enemies never fuck you because you keep your guard up against them to prevent it.

W

Water-

That guy may have had some good things to say but this aint one of them.

Love your enemy is a good thing, have love and compassion for even the lowest of us.

Hate is never good ever, distaste is one thing but I personally try never to even use the word HATE.
I also try to block the emotion.
While it is hard it can be done.

Hate my friends never!
Dislike and distaste for their actions?
Ya, ok I will go that far.
Why would you ever hate your friends?
Unless you have a limited source to pick from such as prison.
There you are forced to make friends with those you may already hate.

If that is what he is trying to say then I dont agree either.
But that sort of action will take you far in this money driven world of ours no doubt!

Peace
Shag

:ying:

GMT got it right

Dog Star

Veteran
Didnt a Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche sleep with his own sister???

He also give some fuel for German Nazism...

Definitly not guy to listen or follow...

Just to remind you Water that nazis adored homosexuals,its a well known fact...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Fred was just pointing out that blind loyalty isn't for those who know the score. A life of principles sometimes means judging those you like harshly.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Fred was just pointing out that blind loyalty isn't for those who know the score. A life of principles sometimes means judging those you like harshly.

Ahh, Now I get it, that makes good sense now that it is in english.:)
I guess I just aint that deep...LOL

herbgreen

Veteran
Caroline Coatney = Breeding Project Coordinator at Phylos Bioscience Inc

Work Experience:

Discovery Genetics Research Associate
Monsanto Company
2015-2016

https://www.zoominfo.com/p/Caroline-Coatney/-1236333999

Phylos hiring right out Monsanto!

The path to GMO cannabis really is just a political problem for Mowgli and Phylos

Just how do we get around these pesky hippies outside protesting GMO cannabis

We can claim to be hippies ourselves! And then we can just... Lie!

These dumb stoners wont know the difference... It will die down

It will blow over

Then we can go back to work making Billions on Development of Genetically modified Cannabis

Its a political problem ....Its the politics of GMO that seem to be the barrier to Phylos using it according to Mowgli

Never mind what kind of damage it will do!

Pissing in the goddamn Gene pool

"According multiple sources John Mcferson is the head breeding project manager at @phylosbio. From what I’ve been told every breeder reports to him and every breeding project is overseen by him. He has decades of experience in the industry working for Monsanto and overseeing projects like the creation of MON 863 aka MaxGard, aka YieldGard, the Monsanto version of Bt Corn.

"At this point it’s abundantly clear and no amount of backtracking or doublespeak is going to repair the #phylos brand. Phylos is monsanto, they are the big ag takeover, they don’t give a fuck about the culture they don’t care about our traditions or this plant. We are all nothing more that exploitable and exhaustible resources to be consumed in the pursuit of profit maximization. "

sungrownmidz
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxnLZTpBwFe/

frostqueen

"According multiple sources John Mcferson is the head breeding project manager at @phylosbio. From what I’ve been told every breeder reports to him and every breeding project is overseen by him. He has decades of experience in the industry working for Monsanto and overseeing projects like the creation of MON 863 aka MaxGard, aka YieldGard, the Monsanto version of Bt Corn.

"At this point it’s abundantly clear and no amount of backtracking or doublespeak is going to repair the #phylos brand. Phylos is monsanto, they are the big ag takeover, they don’t give a fuck about the culture they don’t care about our traditions or this plant. We are all nothing more that exploitable and exhaustible resources to be consumed in the pursuit of profit maximization. "

sungrownmidz
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxnLZTpBwFe/

Yikes

herbgreen

Veteran
Every day Kevin Jodrey holds out standing behind Phylos and vouching for Mowgli starts speaking volumes

Check out the body language and and pent up anger in this video he just looks pissed to even be talking to anybody about this shit...

Kevin Jodrey - Phylos Announcement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkco9SfD3eE

As far as utility patents covering 50-70% of all cannabis on the market as some people are speculating I doubt that since all of the utility patents that are listed there by Biotech are for CBD strains over 3%, big CBD:THC ratios, and one pending for over 9% CBD

How that equals nearly all strains I dont know...maybe because subtle terpene ratios?

Anyhow, these have yet to even stand up to one challenge!

Biotech Institute's Growing Patent Portfolio

https://www.patentdocs.org/2017/11/...s-patent-no-9095554-and-the-path-forward.html

I thought Kev Jodrey was all about the local heirloom farmer or medium size commerical cropper but the way he talks it sounds rather defensive

And you can stop with straw man bs about stealing strains Or the biotech, big canna Ag, utility patent scare tactics...

Phylos has some serious licensing deals with cultivators and breeders to produce their clones, mirco-propagation, and tissue culture

Distribution deals with Wonderland Nursery......ya think? :biggrin:

Damage done

Nevermind what phylos does in the future they swindled folks for their money and put up that bullshit non-sense Galaxy

And now we know they are and have been recruiting from Monsanto???

WTF Kevin Jodrey (?)

When are you going to change your tune??

Manure, you and him are both midgets standing on the shoulders of giants. Can you imagine someone has a little bit of success and it lets their head swell like that? Oh well, I guess it happens to everyone.

We all wouldn't be where we are without those who came before us. A bit much with the "midget" comment though, right? I don't know of any other groups that successfully isolated individual cannabinoid chemotypes before HortaPharm did. I'd say that's a pretty significant achievement. Our team is trying to do the same, but adding field production flowering traits that can excel in varying climates and photoperiods. The end is in sight, but it will have been 8 years and hundreds of thousands of people-hours. No doubt we all benefit from thousands of years of domestication applied to cannabis by those before us, but don't malign the hard work, dedication, and teamwork required to pull off a project like that (Sam's). Our team just wants the plants grown and the compounds being put to good use, little desire for accolades.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.