ICMag Donor
grower: Crazy Composer
strain: OG KUSH

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=100146

20Original_OGKush_55_daze_2.JPG

20Original_OGKush_55_daze_3.JPG

BReal

Rosy Cheeks said:
Very sweet. A voice in me says "slightly photoshopped"... right or wrong?

Maybe.. but I don't think so. I had many strange photos of cannabis without any work with them. Anyway... I don't see sharping effect, hmm... maybe a bit :laughing:

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
until a few short years ago photos were devloped and ANY maniputlation was difficult post development which made a very level playing field not including camera

IMO the image should be sent AS IS, straight from the camera without any adjustments post shutter release
You guys ever been in a darkroom? No photograph ever printed had no adjustments...don't get me started...:)

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I think everyone takes this way too seriously

I love having a picture of mine nominated, great to get respect from your peers, but why all this disagreement?

Over a free pack of seeds?

What difference does the results make, it is not like there is a job at HT magazine on the line..

I dont use photoshop, I have it, but I have no idea how to use it. I use whatever program comes with Vista, what do I do, I crop them and resize them. I have no problem with someone that knows more than me.

Every month this comes up, if you dont like a photo, because you think it was altered, dont vote for it, but appreciate it for what it is, artwork of all our favorite plant!

U

ureapwhatusow

Elevator Man said:
You guys ever been in a darkroom? No photograph ever printed had no adjustments...don't get me started...:)

A) developer is not always photographer

B) many contests dictate that there is not alteration some allow it, but it is normally stated prior

but the true art of cannabis photography is capturing something that existed and not creating something that doesnt exist at all

organic1

IMO photography is an art form just like any other, painting, sculpture etc...Putting limitations on the way it should be portrayed is stifling, and is not in the best interest . Why shouldn't people be able to use every available option they have to create their art form? In my case I prefer to only use the sharpen control. Some people take it much further than I do, but is it right for me to judge what they do as being wrong?

On another level of cannabis growing, I prefer to use organic methods. Is it OK for me to judge a person who grows hydroponically and doesn't use organic ferts as not being a purist? If that is what they like and it works well for them, more power to them. As long as the work is from the person who submitted it, whats the problem?

Just my opinion...

U

ureapwhatusow

this isnt a ggood place for debate

it detracts from all the good pictures

i didnt bring up the subject i just commented on it since it had been mentioned

whatever the no slef nomination and voting process make it as fair as can be so

PEACE

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
It's been talked about before,

I guess as long as it's not stated against in the POTM rules it's okay to do what you want to do.

I brought it up because I want to know how a specific picture has been altered.

I've said it before. I've got nothing against people working their photographs (sharpness, highlighting details that disappear in obscurity, etc), but working the plants (adding color, blowing up colas, adding sparkle to trichs, etc) is another story.

It's no different to siliconed boobies, I suppose.

There's no law against it, but you might just go for another pair of titties if you know they're the real thing.

Smoking Gun

Kinderfeld said:
Because we are not here to judge their art we are here to judge their buds. :)

This I have to strongly disagree with. The contest is PHOTO of the month, not BUD of the month. So I feel the contest should be about more than the plant that is being photographed. Composition, color, light, and texture should all be taken into account when voting on a picture. I do not think it should be a vote to determine who has the best looking bud, but who is able to offer the nicest photo of of marijuana.

Now I am not saying that altered shots are ok, I don't think that totally altering a shot to make the bud look better or a cool color should be acceptable. But if someone needs to slightly color correct a photo, or bring it into focus, I am okay with that.

Again, these are simply my opinions.

P

phothisat

You guys and Gals are very talented. Wishes I could take pics like these;/

Status
Not open for further replies.