What's new

Photo Of The Month Nominations - September 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OrganicShowmen

I nominate Nifty_PoT for his sourdiesel ibl x og kush bx1

8827pic_mom123.JPG

Thread in which the picture has been posted : http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=62076

organic1

Thanks for the nomination ElevatorMan, I appreciate it. As far as fotoshopping goes, you're all wrong bro. I don't know what you mean, but nothing in that pic has been touched up. The only thing I ever do on some of my pics is to use the sharpen control because my hands are not all that steady sometimes.... Thats it. I take at least 5 times as many pics as I ever put on this site before I'll submit them, because I want to put out the best pics only. Just thought I'd clear that up... :rasta:

By the way, there are some absolutely FANTASTIC pics here, good luck to everyone who has been entered!

Last edited:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran

Slaythe

organic1 said:
Thanks for the nomination ElevatorMan, I appreciate it. As far as fotoshopping goes, you're all wrong bro. I don't know what you mean, but nothing in that pic has been touched up. The only thing I ever do on some of my pics is to use the sharpen control because my hands are not all that steady sometimes.... Thats it. I take at least 5 times as many pics as I ever put on this site before I'll submit them, because I want to put out the best pics only. Just thought I'd clear that up... :rasta:

By the way, there are some absolutely FANTASTIC pics here, good luck to everyone who has been entered!

Thats what i say, look at the difference:

3792d1219703900-please-dont-post-pics-have-been-retouched-sharpen-filter-sharpening-example.jpg

Well, just my 2 cent....Sure it make look ike it as a loot of trichomes, but it also look unreal to me. And its not directed to you mate, but i see a lot of photos that are retouched that way.

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
That's more because it's an out-of-focus photo in the first place. Don't want to start an argument here, but Photoshop is just a program, and it can only deal with what it's presented with. If you take good photos to start with, it can only make them look better. This is a photo competition, right...? :)

U

ureapwhatusow

Elevator Man said:
That's more because it's an out-of-focus photo in the first place. Don't want to start an argument here, but Photoshop is just a program, and it can only deal with what it's presented with. If you take good photos to start with, it can only make them look better. This is a photo competition, right...? :)

until a few short years ago photos were devloped and ANY maniputlation was difficult post development which made a very level playing field not including camera

IMO the image should be sent AS IS, straight from the camera without any adjustments post shutter release

great phots all around should be interesting

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
i second that, photos should be presented as they were taken in the first original shot. post-production tricks should not be considered for nominations imo.
it is ok to do some post-production of the pics for your grow diaries, but for nominations they seem to take away the art from photo-taking.
peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts