What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PhillyPride-The Crosses- Bubba-OG-STD-others

OK Here is an Update on the ladies now these pics are at 8 days 12/12 under 2000w Hortilux HPS, they had just recieved a heavy foliar feed before I took these pics, I am running 10 strains at this grow and could not be more pleased, it is getting kind of tough taking pics because the HPS light is not to good for pics and most of these gals are getting just too heavy to be carrying outside the room considering my door is a zipper that starts a foot off the ground, Thanks :respect: :bow: Santa these ladies are really really special the odors are intoxicating. Most of these gals are in 6 gallon pots as you can see the Home Depot 5 gallon buckets in the pics the Sativa Kali Mist and SSH are in 3.8 gallon pots and 2.3 gallon pots. Some of these ladies could really pass for outdoor shrubs lol :jump:

SSH :rasta: :headbange :jump:

Kali Mist :muahaha: :laughing: :canabis:

GRAPE APE :hotbounce :violin: :pimp3: :smoker:

BCBD Purp-I went in with an open mind with this one but I must say it is the real deal Purp at least in odor now in early veg and even still now the fans tend to look a little mutated but I have some more of these running in another grow which are a 3 weeks ahead of these and those have shaken the mutated look lol but I must say the odor on these is the same as most Purple Urkle I run across and really was expecting something different but to say I am pleased would be and understatement :muahaha: :yummy: :yoinks: :pimp3: :rolleyes:

Here go some garden shots in a fog of HPS and after their final foliar feed which was very heavy thus the drooping :rasta: :jump:

Americangrower

Veteran
Whatsup Philly..

The Purps..isn't Urkle..the mom is Mendo purp..urkle produces more the Mendo...I quess the smell is similar..

as for BCbud's cross..haven't had it...what dad did they use(godbud?)..the pics BC uses in there ad is the Mendo clone ..me feels anyway ..lol :joint:

great job..be safe :headbange

Americangrower said:
Whatsup Philly..

The Purps..isn't Urkle..the mom is Mendo purp..urkle produces more the Mendo...I quess the smell is similar..

as for BCbud's cross..haven't had it...what dad did they use(godbud?)..the pics BC uses in there ad is the Mendo clone ..me feels anyway ..lol :joint:

great job..be safe :headbange

Whats Up AG, thanks for stopping by
Yeah I know the BCBD has the Mendo Purp I was only comparing in terms of odor, Sh!t I was expecting a fraud lol but this definetily has the PURPLE aroma now I have never grown Urkle but have seen/smoked alot of finished cured urkle and I must say Urkle is the king of the Purps I just hope that this gives me that Purple taste/flavor/aroma I am looking for , I believe that BCBD crossed Mendo Purps with and Afghani for yield. If it can come anywhere close to this I will be happy

Last edited:

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Vetty Vetty Nice PP everything seems to be coming along... u heard anything about BCBD "The Black"?interested in some of their wares,purps lookin gggrreeaaattt........Mm

Yeah MoneyMike I heard of The Black but dont know anybody growing it, I have heard so many bad things about BCBD that I wait for atleast one person I know to grow one of there wares out first before I will touch it, I am interested in THE BLACK but will not run it straight out, have you heard anything? Yeah BCBD has some strange wares not trash but strange I grew out their God Bud a few times really good smoke but very mutated in growth similar to this Purp, and the mutations did hold down yields in the God Bud but who knows maybe someone with more info can check in

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Werd u read the new HT?on the back there are new new Barney's Farm's strains u know ne thing on ordering from them?thought u might know,violator kush & 8-ball kush,also the CC winner G13haze whatcha think?........Mm
F.U.C.K.E.M

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
Very nice PhillyPride: You're right, it's turning into a real jungle in there! Wish I knew 1/2 as much about strains as you and some of the others around here. I guess that comes w/experience and research.

Red_Nine

Philly...Been awhile since I posted on your thread. Everything looks great!

As far as the BPP, I just sent you a pm with my review, then I came hear and read yours and they are almost identical,lol,except you went into more detail. I always love your reports. Always very well written with alot of detail. My only other comment, is when I first smelled a bud, it smelled like grapefruit. I was not expecting it to taste like strawberries because of this. I noticed you sometimes taste things because you have a preconcieved notion it's supposed to taste a certain way. Everyone says it tastes like ______ so you're looking for that taste when you smoke it. After smelling the BPP, I was thinking grapefruit for sure. Took a hit and just about s**t myself. My first thought was those strawberry flavored hard candies. I was blown away. Major props to the BOSS on this one. Good job to breeder/pollen chucker/strain chooser/plant pimp, whatever you want to call it,lol. Good job to grower as well. I can't wait for mine to finish. Thanks Philly and Boss.

As for the Purps, I have a cut I was gifted awhile back, and was told it was one of his favorites. It came from a well informed grower, and I respect his opinion. I've held onto it for about 8 months now, mainly because of the negative things I've heard about BCBD. I was planning on running it this next round. One of em popped roots today. Glad to see you running it also. We'll have to compare for sure. Sounds like you started these from seed? Sorry if I missed that. Interested to see diff. phenos if so.

Philly, since I started using the ebb and flow, I can't take my plants out to photo. I turn my hps off, and allow just enough light from an outside source to see, and use a flash. They usually come out really nice. Or hold a flashlight with your one hand and the camera in the other. May not be the best, but sometimes you just need to take a pic, damnit. If you do this, let the hps off for at least 15 minutes. It's not good for your light to turn back on right after it went off. Probably won't hurt it every now and then, such as a power outage, but they even make devices for that. They don't allow you're lights to turn back on for a predetermined time.

Sorry to jack your thread with a really long post. I'm just feeling so good being off those damn painkillers!

RedNine-No thread Hijacking here bro just good info, please bro never hold back I love opinions and information and + bro you already know where you stand with me :rasta: Good info with the Pics under the HPS I will def try this tonight, been a little frustrating not being able to take pics but now I Overstand and will be back to usual flooding, it is just that I normally take my gals out the room but now these gals are just too big and massive and almost threw my back out lifting them out the other week, basically good info bro

As for your evaluation of the BPP aka Strawberry Diesel x ABK the taste is truly phenomenal, trust me I was blown away with the aroma and flavor now the Wonder Diesel has the grapefruit taste and aroma/smell but they are closely related. This strain is as you said bro a def Daytime herb but a true masterpiece.

I got the BCBD Purp from a friend as a cut he got the seeds from the BCBD about 6months ago and has had about 3 runs, it is hard to judge alot of his wares because he struggles to say it nicely but I must say out of the wares he runs this Purps came out decent not really good but smokeable and I did taste faint Urkle/GDP/Mendo Purp so I was hooked had to put it down and after a few days of 12/12 I am very impressed extremely Purple smelling just as Purplish smelling as the Grape Ape which needs it is own 3000 word description.

MoneyMike-Howdy Patna yeah I have seen the new HT and those wares on the back by Barney's seems interesting and wouldnt knock anybody for trying but I like to see others grow out seed company stock before I like to try them out, not to sound to picky just to many of those companies are just marketing and their wares are alot of times nothing like they profess as to specs, descriptions, etc . . .

Vin -Thanks for checking in Bro, I have just been blessed :rasta: :bow: to smoke some fantastic herb in my short lifetime, thing about me and a few other people I know that really value critiquing herb is it doesnt matter if I have a 1/2 lb of super dank __ _ _ _ (Fill in the Blank) I still want to try a few grams of _ _ _ _ that may be passing by, and my connoisseur friends know if they ever puff on some super herb and dont save me/get me some dont even bother telling me about it lol :fsu:

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
Thanks PhillyPride.
RedNine: Glad to hear you're off the pain killers. Do you smoke anything that seems to help w/your pain? As everyone here probably knows already, I'm always looking for a good strain for arthritic pain. Once we move and I finish my new set up, I plan to do some reasearch and try several different strains.

Red_Nine

Hey Vin. When I was taking the pills( 10mg vicodin x 4 a day), the smoke didn't help with the pain. It took my mind off of it a little, but no actual relief. Now that I'm not on the pills, it amazes me what a difference it makes. I actually get high again from the smoke and it does help with the pain. It's not like taking pain pills, but it does help. My favorite right now is the Gangster Diesel. Not only does it make my body feel kinda numb, but it is a pretty up high, so it doesn't burn you out. The Bubba is really good as well. From all that I've read on the subject, it seems most people who smoke for pain relief tend to prefer indica dominant plants with a strong "narcotic" high. That means it will put you on your ass. Couchlock. I don't like this type of high except at night. It can be very helpful before bed. I get very little sleep due to my pain, so I'm looking for a strain like this right now. There are alot to choose from, but I want something special,lol. Not sure yet which direction I'm going to go. The Blue Thunder I had was good for this, but it made me cough so bad, I didn't want to smoke it. So I had to put her down. :badday:

Last edited:
U

UBER21

PhillyPride said:
RedNine-No thread Hijacking here bro just good info, please bro never hold back I love opinions and information and + bro you already know where you stand with me :rasta: Good info with the Pics under the HPS I will def try this tonight, been a little frustrating not being able to take pics but now I Overstand and will be back to usual flooding, it is just that I normally take my gals out the room but now these gals are just too big and massive and almost threw my back out lifting them out the other week, basically good info bro

As for your evaluation of the BPP aka Strawberry Diesel x ABK the taste is truly phenomenal, trust me I was blown away with the aroma and flavor now the Wonder Diesel has the grapefruit taste and aroma/smell but they are closely related. This strain is as you said bro a def Daytime herb but a true masterpiece.

I got the BCBD Purp from a friend as a cut he got the seeds from the BCBD about 6months ago and has had about 3 runs, it is hard to judge alot of his wares because he struggles to say it nicely but I must say out of the wares he runs this Purps came out decent not really good but smokeable and I did taste faint Urkle/GDP/Mendo Purp so I was hooked had to put it down and after a few days of 12/12 I am very impressed extremely Purple smelling just as Purplish smelling as the Grape Ape which needs it is own 3000 word description.

MoneyMike-Howdy Patna yeah I have seen the new HT and those wares on the back by Barney's seems interesting and wouldnt knock anybody for trying but I like to see others grow out seed company stock before I like to try them out, not to sound to picky just to many of those companies are just marketing and their wares are alot of times nothing like they profess as to specs, descriptions, etc . . .

Vin -Thanks for checking in Bro, I have just been blessed :rasta: :bow: to smoke some fantastic herb in my short lifetime, thing about me and a few other people I know that really value critiquing herb is it doesnt matter if I have a 1/2 lb of super dank __ _ _ _ (Fill in the Blank) I still want to try a few grams of _ _ _ _ that may be passing by, and my connoisseur friends know if they ever puff on some super herb and dont save me/get me some dont even bother telling me about it lol :fsu:

Sounds very yummy.....I love anything grape... even grape dutches.....lol.....Hey philly how reliable are bcbd when ordering sensi? Have u had any personal experiance with them....? keep it green brother... :headbange

Rednine-glad to hear that you are getting some relief from your back pain, and to have weened yourself off of Viocidin you get much props bro glad that you have found some relief, positive vibes toward a full recovery.

Uber21-A friend of mine has ordered from BCBD twice and had no problems with delivery but I must stress they do have seeds that produce good herb albeit very strange looking during veg, atleast for the strains I have seen, I dont have enough knowledge to explain this phenomenon but some of their wares look mutated during Veg and then they start looking normal around late beginning mid flower, but hey that is just my 2cents

U

UBER21

Awesome Philly.....I saw some of plan b's chit and bogs's choclate bubba diesel on there site.....that looked really good.....alot of the members at there forum grown some pretty nice stuff....anyway sorry for hijacking......lol

Red_Nine

Hey Bearfoot, the ABK(Abusive Kushaze) is OG Kush x SSH. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. And if you got those beans, start 'em up as soon as you get going again. It's really tasty. The Bossman did a good job on this one. If not, I'm sure it will magically appear in your garden. :headbange

Bear-Whats up bro! SSH is Super Silver Haze the supposed king I mean Queen of the hazes. Some of my compadres have pressed me to try and make a cross but I just simply love to grow wares and be the best I can be I guess I can be called lazy by some but sh!t popping from seed is a pain for me lol I guess I really get into dialing in my nutes (Semi Org-Booster Chems) and the environment and then the days of progression and for me that it is truly enough. Hats off to all of the breeders and pollen chuckers alike without you guys their would be no me. I have a older friend who made plenty of crosses years back but most were trash while a few were excellent unlike the recent stock I got from The Boss (Like how we have a new moniker for you bro) most all of this was of seed company quality or better! I really believe the elite is the Bubba Kush x ABK not as strong as straight Bubba Kush and not as Hazy as most Hazes but when put together for me a crazy mix of everything I am looking for in taste and high it really taste like (Purp/Kush/Haze) and the high is stronger than most really a the Sh!t to me as far as combination herb. I am not saying it is better than any of the purer strains out their such as Bubba Kush or Pure Kush or Purple Urkle or Pif or SSH but as a combination it is really really incredible like peanut butter and jelly

Hey bro is white balance the EV darker or brighter or something else?, I have Sony Cybershot 7.2 mp please help

Oh the Godbud went hermie on me so it had to go, it was some really nice herb though really reminded me of some Hawaiian but I believe BCBD messed up the stock, same thing happened to a few other people that were running it also so we decided to cull it from around heres!

Hey what does (SPP) mean? yeah the WDxABK was nice but to I was probably the least fav of the 4 that dropped out the sky from the Boss! but I have noticed that after a long cure the WDxABK and the OGxABK really are much different than after a short cure but that is just my opinion.

Well here goes the ladies at 14 days 12/12 right as the lights are going out so they are droopy, I will do some close ups tonight after I mess around with this camera lol

Old Soul

Veteran
Damn Philly that is one full room you got there. You tristaters have some great things going on over there.

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts