What's new

Philips 315w CDM Elite (CMH)

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
You need some new genetics!

I run 4x 315 in a sealed co2 dialed in room and kill it every run.

the only positive is the various mums we kept (we have 8 mums) r all the best of what we have grown... prob have grown over 100 diff varieties...while more would be better, we grow for quality, but every grow we grow 1 or 2 new ..diff seeds looking for that special lady...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never hit a lb with a 400w. Even in aeroponic tubes, I never hit that mark. That was a long time ago and I'm certainly a more competent grower now, but still, I think that is the threshold of success with a 400w. I've known many an excellent grower not hit that mark with a 4 banger.

It's much easier with a 315w CMH - that is certain.

dank.Frank

Dog Star

Veteran
Somebody mentioned that CMH need some good distance from plants to perform
much better than when is closer to plants???

Am goes 40-45 cm but somewanne mentioned it needs to be 24 inch per one 315w..?!

What is a sweet spot for CMH???

G

Grower369

Somebody mentioned that CMH need some good distance from plants to perform
much better than when is closer to plants???

Am goes 40-45 cm but somewanne mentioned it needs to be 24 inch per one 315w..?!

What is a sweet spot for CMH???

I would also like to no the sweet spot for Cmh

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Personally, I find that 11-14" from the tops of the plants being about as close as I want to get. That gives 16-18" of canopy depth penetration. (315w)

dank.Frank

Last edited:
G

Grower369

Personally, I find that 11-14" from the tops of the plants being about as close as I want to get. That gives 16-18" of canopy depth penetration.

dank.Frank

hello Dank Frank how far would you keep it for newly sprouted
seedlings ? or would u use t5 for starting them

HorseBadoritiz

Depends...

I don't use a cmh for seedlings, but I'd start off high, 2', and see how it goes.

For veggers and bloomers, I can let the plants get a couple of inches from the lights,

as long I have good air movement over the canopy, and rotate the plants 1/4 turn every day.

I try to keep the lights 10-18" above, but that plan doesn't always pan out!

Miraculous Meds

hello Dank Frank how far would you keep it for newly sprouted
seedlings ? or would u use t5 for starting them

I start at 30" with vert cmh hoods on seeds and young transplants. You can veg excellent plants at 24 to 30" with vert 315's. If you have a par meter, i shoot for 250 to 300 to start, and as they take off move up to 500 umol in veg.

gmanwho

Veteran
anyone look into these 1000 watt DE CMH fixtures yet?

https://nanoluxtech.com/cmh-1000w-fixture/

im setting up a new room and these look promising but, we know how that goes.

also hows the canopy penetration on the CMH, i am prepared to side light my room, but would rather not.

i have a few of the 935 (3 315watt bulbs in one lamp/bulb) de cmh bulbs in nanolux de 1000 fixtures. they are bright, real bright. love them for hard vegging before the flip.

since i bought them i think they came out with the 1000w de cmh with 2 larger bulbs in the one lamp. I haven't had a chance to run those thou. I believe those are more stable in terms of longevity.

i dont remember the numbers when I TESTED par values, but the de cmh was throwing more par then the phillips growmaster 1000w on same watt setting.

been awhile since i flowered with the de cmh. i do however have a side by side going now.

best of luck!! theres some good info out there in your searches ..

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been updating my results with 315w CMH in this core thread.

I just finished the totals for my 2nd cycle with 2 x 315w Growers Choice with 3100K(r) bulbs. Flowering room is 2.5' wide x 5' long.

2nd round totals for 8 plants in a 60 gallon water only organic soil bed was 712g, right at 1.1 gpw.

Needless to say. I'm very impressed with these lamps. I can't really say I've seen any reduction in flower times like many others, but I can certainly agree these things absolutely crush a standard 400w HPS of any variety. Makes them completely obsolete.

This will probably be my last review / check in with this thread. If you want to follow along as I try to chase 2# in that space, feel free to click the link to my current grow in my signature - although, I'm playing with some new prototype quantum panel LEDs now.

Not sure why because I'm crushing it with CMH. :joint:

picture.php

dank.Frank

Last edited:

catalyte

Veteran
hey been super busy lately and only just realized i have been running my Philips 315 cmh green power bulbs for almost two years straight. i did a bit of math and i think i have ran them for about 10,000 hrs. i read somewhere that they are rated for 20,000 hrs.....

at what point do you other cmh users swap out the Philips Green Power 315w bulbs?

G

Are Philips bulbs the best option for UV? Is it safe to assume they all emit similar levels of UV?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey been super busy lately and only just realized i have been running my Philips 315 cmh green power bulbs for almost two years straight. i did a bit of math and i think i have ran them for about 10,000 hrs. i read somewhere that they are rated for 20,000 hrs.....

at what point do you other cmh users swap out the Philips Green Power 315w bulbs?
For me I swap out lamps at 14 months.. You can find data that has 9 months. I dont use Phillips. I use Growers Choice.

Are Philips bulbs the best option for UV? Is it safe to assume they all emit similar levels of UV?

I dont think CMH UV varies much from any of the bulbs?. I thought I read MH bulbs have more UV?.

Latest posts

Latest posts