What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ph-Patrol Organic Bang up job III(⊙.⊙(☉_☉)⊙.⊙) Bodhi Testers~Fat Cherry~Tk kush~OGKB

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I meant to put this up on here over the weekend It works any day though:)

picture.php

Just to show Im always thinking of you all when Im out and about:biggrin:

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Bodhi Chem-4 Bang up job Test update

Specific testers
1. Chem-4 x Old Mother Ghani
2. Chem-4 x Wookie
3. OG Kush Breath x Purple Unicorn

So we got 100% on all germination and sprouting.All testers showed serious vigor from bag to cup.No leaders just all kicking ass.So much so that I have up potting out of k cups and in to 2 gallons on my mind.

I have started to incorporate some new organic growing Technics that I will share as I go.Its kinda hard to explain.
This is base around water and the idea that water holds a memory of positive or negative energy.I was reserching something completely different when I came upon Dr Masaru Emoto's findings and some of his experiments freezing water and water soluble food like rice.
Non of his work was on plants but I decided to start incorporating it into my regiment.Blessing the water with positive vibes:biggrin:

Next slight grow augmentation is to incorporate music into the tent.I know this was looked at in the 60s but I plan on bring this in to the tent for fun to see how the babies do with some Bach in the tent.No Floyd... they would get depressed.

Yes its weird but it cost nothing and believe me this world has me second guessing a couple things lately. :ying:

Here is a glamour shot the Chem-4 x OMG. Taken last night
picture.php

Here is a shot of the testers from a couple weeks ago
picture.php

I did give them there first tea about 5 days ago and they took to it like a fish to water.Funny thing is I had some left over and it got missed that night and we discovered the left over tea the following night in the front corner of the tent.It was kinda bubbling.I knew it was going to smell like holy hell but to my surprise it smelt clean. Hmmm interesting

First tea 12 hours into brew.
picture.php

I will hit a up date soon and get some group shots of testers up on the boards Soon

Thanks Bodhi & friends

Ph-patrol

Veteran
It seems life can have its ebbs and flows and sometimes events that happen you can find meaning in them. Im sure you all have things that happen in a certain sequence that got you thinking quietly,that's is kinda weird.

So the eastern coy wolf made it on to past pages and I have had some run ins with them over the winter. I also spoke about pups too.

Well yesterday I had some suspicions confirmed.My sister swung over unexpectedly so we had a unscheduled chill out session in the backyard. My son brought out his acoustic guitar and started playing softly and we are all just chatting.
He was taking my requests 1st was tangerine then he was playing PF Grantchester meadows.

Then my sister lets out a Oh my god!Under her breath to me. I looked to were she is motioning to and there are 14 coy pups clumped together quietly staring at my son who is still playing.They were about 20ft away.
We were mesmerized and they were mesmerized. Then my son noticed and stopped playing.
They instantly went into play mode wrestling and jumping on one another for a good half hour.It was quite a sight.

The weird part is Mrs Ph was talking about breeding dogs and 3 hours later there is litter standing in front of us.Just to be honest 5 days before that I said to her if you want another dog I would endorse that and she took my head off at my ankles.So I just kind a bob and weave in and around the subject.
It looks like its not up for debate any more.

Loosing our pup has been trying on us but it seems like we have plenty of pups to go around.

Weird how things workout...Kismet :ying:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Took this one this morning from my bedroom widow,Look at the mits on him.
picture.php

They are with me now

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I keep getting pm's from members asking about germination.The seeds are valuable, expensive and they take weeks to purchase in most cases.every seed counts so...

How I germinate and plant my seeds.
I create stickers for seeds and then print.
I then fill jars with h20 and place stickers on jars.
Drop seeds in water for 2 hours and then I tap seeds with finger until they sink to the bottom of the jar
I then let them sit for 22 additional hours in a dark warm location.
(all seeds should be cracked and inspected with a loop or magnify glass)
Always maintaining temperature.

Fish out seeds with table spoon.

Then stickers go on all plastic bags and mark bag with sharpy just encase a sticker come off (I only bring out what Im working on...triple checking all labeling)One seed line at a time!

Place seeds in folded paper towel and then get paper towel damp with water.(not soaked) then they go into labeled zip lock bag.

I then place all the bags in a dark warm location.Use heat mat if its cold out.top of the tent with towel over them.around 78 degrees or so.(old seeds and cool temps can create slow germ).

Check seeds after 24 hours and then every 12 after that.

I Pull seeds when they are just about to throw there caps.

Put 2 holes in kcups with light or notch with knife.
I sharpie kcup and place stickers on them...Mix organic soil(60%soil 30%lobster compost 10%worm castings,Lime kelp) No issues with organic hot soil.

Fill k cups with soil and water soil if needed.
I next fish seedlings out of paper towels using my fingers. (I Recommend Washing your hands 1st)

I then use a meat thermometer and stab a hole in soil about 3" and then rotate to create a 3/4 circle But I truely make my holes custom to size and shape of the next seedling to be planted.

I lay seedling on soil and gently nudge seedling tail first in to the hole.I adjust seeding so top of seed cap is flush with soil grade.I then softly compress over sized hole with soil using thermometer end.Gently!

I then gently water
Place zip lock bags over k cup and under light 24-7.
12hr later they are Up

The glass jars with cover offer protection from spill and easy inspection of seeds with loop.
picture.php

You are probably asking yourself why is he showing the germ bags again...Because The biohazard bag I scored at the hospital was cool.
picture.php

This photo shows 2 thing.The size I like the taproots for planting in soil and how the taproots sometimes burrow into the paper towels.
picture.php

Photo of tools and tagged cups and bag...one seed line at a time
picture.php

This is how they end up after they go into soil.Zip lock bag over them and 24 hours light until they can handle the lower temps of light out and the lower humidity.
picture.php

I very very rarely lose a seed because of germination.I shoot for 100% every time.
I have a heat mat for germination purpose....The top of a water heater or sometimes above a refrigerator works out for a consistent warm space.
Maintaining constant temperature is crucial to germination and cold temps create problems and stunted growth.The quicker they become plants the better
After thoughts

1.If you have a seed with a hard shell that has rested in water for the 24 hours and shows no signs of cracking I recommend to move it in to the paper towels as planed but if it shows no signs of development POP it in your mouth and lightly crack the seed with your teeth.I usualy through it back in the water and check with loop 12 hours later.

2.If you have a tap root that has burrowed through a couple plys of paper towels.Go to adjacent side of paper towel and seperate one ply a t a time tearing and freeing the root.I wear a head lamp and just do some surgery.If you happen to break the end of the tail...plant it

ph

nickman

Veteran
AWSOME dude... I really like hearing about your germination process...

That’s the same size I like mine when I put them into the beer cups... I don’t like them small, I can tuck them into the soil deeper if I feel they got a little too big ..

That’s funny too cause I use the same meat thermometer... almost the same...

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Damn, i dunno how i missed your thread... You have some artful, aesthetic shit going on in here man..... I'm posted up from now on.
I was starting to go towards Dwc, and seemed like sterile\chemical was the direction it was leading...
I'm all hype now getting my shit together, about to do dirt the right way this time all natural. 60% Promix 20% Ewc 20%Perlite... and some Neptune harvest Tomato&veg 2-4-2 & Rose&flower 2-6-4. Has Fish+Seaweed, molasses, yucca extract, and humic acids in them... All-in-one style.... Probably wont even have to worry about brewing anything really.... Its a little more eco friendly, sustainable than something like guanos. Fast absorbing compared to bone\bloodmeal, and all the medium speed absorption stuff.

I'll definitely start taggin along in here, I dig your style mang!

Ph-patrol

Veteran
AWSOME dude... I really like hearing about your germination process...

That’s the same size I like mine when I put them into the beer cups... I don’t like them small, I can tuck them into the soil deeper if I feel they got a little too big ..

That’s funny too cause I use the same meat thermometer... almost the same...

Hey Nickman
I here from a lot of cats struggling and may have some shadows on a certain portion of the grow.Its good to hear a step by step once in a while believe me I print my own soil recipe all the time before I mix just in case I have a brain fart and miss some thing that got moved or I ran out out and need to re up on kelp or Bla bla bla.

Your input helps growers out were they may feel they have let them go to long and panic.Panic bad ...calm good.:)
You see that they come up like a frigging switch blade too.

My thoughts are
The soil can be a hostile place for a developing seed and giving them a sterile and controlled environment to germinate increases there chances exponentially.Plus if I forget or I need to send I dont have to write this long winded mess.

Nick if you see something missing or written were some one would not under stand please let me know.I wish I could do a little video of making the hole and burring the seedling.That part is so inportant and hard to write but east to show:)

Thanks Brother

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Definitely smart to put bags over the seedlings.... kinda like clones... dont have enough roots to drink anything... Better off getting water from humidity than solely rely on water in soil... plus keeps the soil moist\stable longer so roots dont dry\wilt... Very important stuff I dont see enough people do.

Goats

nice! can't remember who, but someone else around here has a nice keeper of the dnet that is beautiful. i will be watching this one for sure! looking good as always :)

nickman

Veteran
So was that pack of eastern coy wolves a wild pack that didn’t have a mother or something. That’s really kool seeing nature at its best right there ... I thought it was kool seeing a few foxes here or there .

Ph-patrol

Veteran
In the process of brewing 5 gallons of tea for my up potting tomorrow night.

tea is
1.5 cups of worm castings
4 table spoons of Black strap Molasses
1 table spoons Alfalfa meal
2 tablespoons kelp
1/2 teaspoon of humic acids
I will try and maintain a 78 to 80 degree temperature during brew.I will use the tent heat to help incubate the brew.

Heading out for a hike at sun down to see if I can spot the pups.It never crossed my mind that they could be motherless.Saturday was the last time I saw them on my property.They were super healthy and I had been running into larger packs of adults at nights.Just figured I had multiple litters with many adults.

My stomach is a little sick over it.

I will hit you guys up soon with my soil recipe.Asap

thanks

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Damn, hopefully they are part of a crew. Most likely they are. Like to see what you do with your soilmix when ya get back, you definitely keep thangs official!
I'm hype I got some Neptune harvest stuff otw. I went with crab & lobster, kelp meal, and a veg\bloom mix {Fish\Seaweed\kelp\yucca extract\humic\molasses}. I'm gonna do a side by side with all that vs Promix\perlite+Maxibloom Kiss method. Still trying to think of what kinda soil\medium setup I wanna go with... Promix-Bx apparently has a non-organic wetting agent so I wont use that with my organic side of the side-by-side test.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
hey Dr Y
I did my hike the other night and saw nothing of the coy wolf kind but 3 am I was woken up to the forest alive with coys.
Mrs-ph said they were def with a group multiple parents.It was probably like 3 litters in the pack.They were healthy and carefree def not stressed.

I will get to the soil mix and maybe the set up for up potting. Yesterday was a long ass day that is bleeding into today.All testers are up potted and have been watered with tea!

I still have a couple of none testers to do.I just have a non grow project that is underway so that kinda sucks.

ph

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Rich as a Fart Soil Mix

Base
20% worm casting(quality)
20% Coast of Maine Lobster compost(rich)
45%Bar Harbor Blend Premium Potting Soil l(quality)
10%coarse perlite (ran out)
5% Canadian Peat (compost Filler)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amendments are based upon a 5 gallon Ratio mix
1/3Cup Bat Guano phosphorus
3/4cup Rock phosphate Phosphorus
1/4cup gypsum Calcium
1/2cup Blood meal Nitrogen
1/4cup alfalfa meal Nitrogen
1/2cup Kelp meal Potassium
1/3green sand Potassium...trace minerals
1/4cup Dolomite Lime Calcium&magniesium
1/4cup oyster flower Calcium
BlackStrap molasses
Kelp
Epsom salt*
alfalfa meal*
Neptune's Harvest Fish Fertilizer - Orange Label 2-4-1*
artworks-000172221221-zme3h9-t500x500.jpg

Keeping the Girls Happy

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Happy 4th or treason day:)

chem-4 x OMG
picture.php

Hey sorry It took me a minute to post that soil recipe.I have been inundated as of late But Plenty of time to treat the ladies right.No neglect there.
I got all my up potting acomplished.I did it in 2 phases...first testers and then the rest.Oh no Thats not true I have some late stuff that is still k cupped.

Yeah up potting was a chore.
Picked up missing stock did some math for 22 plants going in to 2 gallon trade pots 2 x .71=1.42 x 22=31.24 us-gal - 22 x 12oz kcups = 264 0z=about 2 gallons of displacement so I mixed up about 29.25 us gallons of soil.Last but not least there are 7.5 us gallons in one cubic foot bag of soil. So yeah some math so buying soil and mixing can be on point.
We washed all 2 gal containers in bleach and water before we started uppottting.
Hit the tent too.Walls tray and floor cleaned.I dont chech for light leakes untill 12/12 kicks in but I get my ass in the tent every time and pray Mrs -Ph lets me out.No no she is good like that.
She saw my sister throw a drink at me one time just after xmass and then my sister came trotting out to the pool 6 months later proud as a peacock hair,makeup and dress done to the nines.I called her over and gently pulled her in.She new what was up.Said nothing...I love you sis.:biggrin:
any how we did multiple mixes using a five gallon bucket to measure medium and put 2 of those in a wheelbarrow with polly plastic covering added amendments rolled soil back and forth in plastic for about 5 minutes or so.then in to Rubbermaid barrels with construction trash bags inside.15 gal mixed soil per barrel.
sticker-ed all 2 gallon containers and placed testers in separate groups with markred buckets.

As each group was upped I soaked with tea and placed in tent.

They seem to have shot off right out of the gate after we were done.
They all look great.
I turned the ac on so its about 80 degrees with 55 humidity and I brought the light up to 450 watts a day or 2 after up pot and ac.
Im never concerned about them not getting enough light I feel the opposite.To much light.
Just showing them love and water beyond that but thinking of another simple tea with some Epsom in there.

Thanks Bodhi and fellow growers

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Happy 4th or treason day:)

chem-4 x OMG
View Image

Hey sorry It took me a minute to post that soil recipe.I have been inundated as of late But Plenty of time to treat the ladies right.No neglect there.
I got all my up potting acomplished.I did it in 2 phases...first testers and then the rest.Oh no Thats not true I have some late stuff that is still k cupped.

Yeah up potting was a chore.
Picked up missing stock did some math for 22 plants going in to 2 gallon trade pots 2 x .71=1.42 x 22=31.24 us-gal - 22 x 12oz kcups = 264 0z=about 2 gallons of displacement so I mixed up about 29.25 us gallons of soil.Last but not least there are 7.5 us gallons in one cubic foot bag of soil. So yeah some math so buying soil and mixing can be on point.
We washed all 2 gal containers in bleach and water before we started uppottting.
Hit the tent too.Walls tray and floor cleaned.I dont chech for light leakes untill 12/12 kicks in but I get my ass in the tent every time and pray Mrs -Ph lets me out.No no she is good like that.
She saw my sister throw a drink at me one time just after xmass and then my sister came trotting out to the pool 6 months later proud as a peacock hair,makeup and dress done to the nines.I called her over and gently pulled her in.She new what was up.Said nothing...I love you sis.:biggrin:
any how we did multiple mixes using a five gallon bucket to measure medium and put 2 of those in a wheelbarrow with polly plastic covering added amendments rolled soil back and forth in plastic for about 5 minutes or so.then in to Rubbermaid barrels with construction trash bags inside.15 gal mixed soil per barrel.
sticker-ed all 2 gallon containers and placed testers in separate groups with markred buckets.

As each group was upped I soaked with tea and placed in tent.

They seem to have shot off right out of the gate after we were done.
They all look great.
I turned the ac on so its about 80 degrees with 55 humidity and I brought the light up to 450 watts a day or 2 after up pot and ac.
Im never concerned about them not getting enough light I feel the opposite.To much light.
Just showing them love and water beyond that but thinking of another simple tea with some Epsom in there.

Thanks Bodhi and fellow growers

Does the salt make much a difference?

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Does the salt make much a difference?

Hey Brother Phenome.
So here it is I probably add Epsom salt to my watering about 2 to 3 times a grow starting before preflower. Then at my next up potting to 5 gallon trade containers.Then around week 5 of 12/12.
I still have not answered your question so yes I have had problems in organic were Epsom salt has been the remedy for my problem. I had the beginnings of a magnesium deficiency.It defiantly turned it around at that time.

It was such a long time ago that it may have been non organic that I had the problem but I know I def had a problem and fixed it.

Plants need a good source of MAGNESIUM and SULFUR so that is a cheap source and it s a good product to have in the house for other uses like baths insect bits and a million other things. Nothing I use is specific for cannabis growth.Once these companies slap a pot leaf or a ninja on the side of there supplement they 10x the price.Haha
for me when I add some thing to my soil or tea I am not fighting off something but having it available to the babies.

I just about purchase everything local.Most things from a grain and feed store were the shit is cheap.The place is so old school they will weigh out 5 lb of kelp for me on one of those old fashion scales.

When I started organic I went on a pilgrimage to grain and feed stores,home depot, and landscape suppliers.My journey brought me with a better understanding of the organic matter in soils. A lot of what is popular is a expensive bag of peat moss.IMHO

So yeah go to cvs or wallgreens. Soak your plants and then your feet.Its a great anti inflammatory.

Please disregard most of my rambling Buddy:biggrin::tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts