What's new

Ph-Patrol Organic Bang up job II(⊙.⊙(☉_☉)⊙.⊙) Bodhi Testers… LaPLATA Labs…SEED-PAC

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Yes out of 10....We are shaking our heads a bit on the power.
I have had test smokers read my report with the opportunity to make changes or add....they shake there head up and down while reading in agreement of my report. saying things like Yeah! Exactly!

There is no such thing as a 10:)
I Don't believe in perfection but I do believe in excellence....

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Happy Father's Day Fishing

picture.php

Enjoy the Day

ph

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Hey Guys I'm just about finished cooking and I have been writing and editing for hours.
I lost a page so that sucked...

Milo xxx....Sorry about the delay Buddy.....I figured I had to get this done for you or close my account.:biggrin:

Much Love
ph

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I just want to add that Im still smoke testing 2 more testers....the #4 LFHB x SSDD and the Chem-D X SsDd..

Thanks

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Start of GO Oil

Start of GO Oil

Part 1 of Goji Oil

Iso Portion of Project.....
picture.php

Some of the Items you will need to create the Iso.
1.1to3 oz of weed....Use what you want.If its fresh and not cured freeze it overnight.
2. Paper Coffee Filters
3.Brass Coffee filter....I use this to support the paper filter and for 2nd filter.
4.Mason Jars or substitute.
5.towels and paper towels
6.crockpot. Cost 15 to 30 dollars
7.Rubber bands if you going to filter through Mason jar.
8.Mason Jar covers...Used as covers and spacers for filtering.
9.Mini colander.
10.fan electric...extension cord.
11. window access
12. Work space.....May be 2 small tables or a large.
13.Rubbing Alcohol...... Isopropyl 91%.freeze over night

Ok to start
Retrieve frozen Rubbing Alcohol from freezer.

I then poured cold alcohol into jar #1 until weed is almost covered and then shake for 30 to 45 seconds.
Then poor that alcohol into Jar #2.Stop and add more fresh alcohol until weed is almost covered.Then shake for 30 to 45 seconds.
If you have a third jar repeat process. Note cover jars for shacking and use mini colander when pouring used alcohol from one jar to the next.

Recap...pour almost over weed...cap and shake
picture.php

2nd Jar with used alcohol and then topped up with new. Shake and repeat.
picture.php

Your last pour will be into a clean mason jar.
picture.php

Filtration prosses
Ok in the pic i have a bowl with some mason lid rings as spacers on the bottom.
Then I have the brass Coffee filter with the paper filter inside.
Now pour the freshly infused alcohol into the paper filter and let it perk through into the bottom of the bowl.
Once bottom of bowl is filled pour in a new sterile Mason jar.
Just keep repeating this process until all alcohol is filtered.
I use a small bowl because if there is a mistake.....I dont want to have to refilter the whole batch.
picture.php

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Part 2 of Go Oil

This is the filtering process in mid flow....filtered on left and unfiltered on right.replacing filters when needed.Alcohol was just left there but not needed.
picture.php

Just lifting filter up to check flow....drip drip....you can see mason cover being used as spacer.
when filtered iso gets to the top of your spacer...dump into clean mason jar with the rest.Do lots of small batches.repetitive
picture.php

once all of the dirty is filtered I run through a brass filter for fun in to porcelain crock.
picture.php

pulled filter out and ready for evaporation....clean iso
picture.php

evaporation set up.
picture.php

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Gojo Og Oil part 3

Ok here is a shot half way through evaporation.....evaporation time will fluctuate with relative humidity. When its dry its finished.
picture.php

This is a shot where this part of the process is complete....you could smoke a bit if you want to...Dab
picture.php

Cooking process

Ok here is a shot of crock placed back in crockpot with temp setting at low.
We add about 3 tablespoons of water to start and periodically add more as water evaporates.
We cook at low for 1 hour
picture.php

Here is a shot of us maintaining a temp.we never let the hash get dry.we add a tablespoon of water and swirl the whole crockpot keeping hash wet.
picture.php

After an hour or so of cooking hash we add coconut oil.
picture.php

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Gojo Og Oil part 4

Coconut oil will melt quickly....So again after an hour of cooking hash add coconut oil....showing what hash looks like after an hour of cooking.
picture.php

Keep temp between 165 and 200 degrees for 3.5 hours after adding coconut oil.If temps go to high shut off or add more coconut oil.
picture.php

So after you are finish with the cooking process just un plug the crockpot and let cool.
Then put in glass jar or small glass containers.

Points to Make
While you're working don't get any ideas on licking a spoon or your finger.You need to test patiently in super small doses.Waiting an hour before taking more.

Next is we added a total of 4 or 5 heaping tablespoons of coconut oil.You can put a little or a lot of oil.....this is relevant to how much weed you process for iso and how powerful you want it.

Next is coconut oil itself....It has a high burn temp and it keeps refrigerated well.

Coconut oil ...Other point is at 80 degrees it's a thin viscosity oil at temps below 80 degrees it coagulates like a jelly kinda.
Point is if you going to poor warm up a bit instead of scraping and losing material.

This is last patch and we added 3 tablespoons of CC oil....that is displaying a heavy dose...So adding 2 more tablespoons it still would have been too powerful.
picture.php

The end

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Im Burnt out from that....I will no doubt need to edit...pooped... was fearful of loosing pages.

I will need to read through....I have not yet.... Mrs Ph helped big time

I will fill and answer here so it's easier for the next

More points

1.Pot or hash will not get you high if you eat it....that's why we smoke it.The burn temperature changes the thc and other cannabinoids into a delta 9.
2.That is why there is a cooking process.....to transition the thc.... this is an edible!!
3.The OIL....simply put cannabinoid bond to oil when heated up....you could use butter olive oil as long as it's an oil.

Awesome write up, ph. Do you have any thoughts on using bubble hash to make this?

I see know reason why you could not pick the recipe up at the cooking point with BB-hash.May be add some oil in the beginning of the cooking or just see how the BB hash reacts to the heat.My ISO hash is like tar before cooking....we started evaporate in crock to eliminate any scraping....we lose no product

Nice write up, pH!

I make oil using 190 proof grain alcohol. I use pretty much the same system as you use, the paper coffee filters, the metal coffee strainer basket to hold the paper filters, and keeping the grain alcohol in the freezer. I don't add any coconut oil, mine is just straight oil. Also, I use a fondue pot filled with vegetable oil for heat, and use a contained system to cool the ethanol vapors so I can reclaim the alcohol and use it more than once.

I find a couple of these canning funnels are handy for transferring the filtered alcohol and for holding the metal coffee strainer basket with a paper filter inserted to really clean up the filtrate.

https://www.amazon.com/Back-Basics-...9705&sr=8-8&keywords=mason+jar+canning+funnel

This one from Amazon but I bought mine at Target. They may only be available at Target in the fall, when people are canning vegatables.

When people were asking about the the goji oil and how to make it I was hoping for responses like yours because there are many ways to do the oil with close to the same results.
Your extraction process using everclear is another way to do the same thing. Using veg oil to fuse thc again Use what you can get your hands on.
We don't refrigerate the coconut oil and we have it kicking around for over a year.
I really tried to use only products and equipment that all members can get there hands on.Especially the guys out of the country.
I think some may use a rice cooker to instead of the crock pot.
I like that funnel....raiding the kitchen.(⊙.⊙(☉_☉)⊙.⊙)

Understanding the process and you can find your own way.:)

Great input Sforza

Sforza

Veteran
Nice write up, pH!

I make oil using 190 proof grain alcohol. I use pretty much the same system as you use, the paper coffee filters, the metal coffee strainer basket to hold the paper filters, and keeping the grain alcohol in the freezer. I don't add any coconut oil, mine is just straight oil. Also, I use a fondue pot filled with vegetable oil for heat, and use a contained system to cool the ethanol vapors so I can reclaim the alcohol and use it more than once.

I find a couple of these canning funnels are handy for transferring the filtered alcohol and for holding the metal coffee strainer basket with a paper filter inserted to really clean up the filtrate.

https://www.amazon.com/Back-Basics-...9705&sr=8-8&keywords=mason+jar+canning+funnel

This one from Amazon but I bought mine at Target. They may only be available at Target in the fall, when people are canning vegatables.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Thank you for all the pushing to get that finished.....I happened to get the house alone and it turned out to be less stinky than I remembered .With all the documentation and photos it was a true 2 person job.I wrote the whole 4 hours of cook time.Plus I had the beginning written and saves.

1st part of writing....I loaded up photos from iso portion and wrote procedure off hand written notes.The writing was done on icmag adding photos and editing...when the page was finished I copied and pasted onto a word document and stored!!! This is key to long winded posts.
I lost 2nd page but pics were loaded so redo was not that bad.

So 1st page was done and save @nd page was redone and saved on word. 3rd & 4th were written on the spot.

I had 6 windows to icmag opened at once...My album...A general Icmag search...4 pages of report that were in order.

What I'm saying is write reports and save .Open multiple Icmag windows to work.If you lose a big page it can be disheartening.

I responded to all the input above this post and directly below...I just wanted to keep everything close to the report.

When the last smoke report is done and the thread is complete I will go through and copy all the pages that are pertinent to the testers on page one.Creating a directory of sort solely dedicated to ONLY Bodhi testers.

I new I would make a simple directory on page one....I just save a page In the beginning befor good folks come on to join the thread.
this way interested parties can search through without going through many pages of none related material.:)

Thanks to all that followed...still have 2 more plants to burn test.:woohoo:

PH

Late for this show, lots to read through, and looks like there is still more to see. Big respect!

I see the oil tutorial. Since you grow a lot of frosty Bodhi strains, any tips for what you would make if you only had a small amount plant material? I will be having first harvest in a few years and it's just Bodhi gear. 4 big plants. Want to make some tasty concentrate for myself. To be smoked or vaped. Maybe dry sift or bubble or rosin. Also would like to make some edibles for my friends that are breast cancer patients, and some are survivors. If this is off topic let me know and I'll start a new thread. There is just so much info out there I don't know where to begin. looking for opinions from people that grow frosty Bodhi gear. And money is an object lol. I can only spend a few hundred at most. The low end rosin presses look interesting. I've never made any concentrates before.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Late for this show, lots to read through, and looks like there is still more to see. Big respect!

I see the oil tutorial. Since you grow a lot of frosty Bodhi strains, any tips for what you would make if you only had a small amount plant material? I will be having first harvest in a few years and it's just Bodhi gear. 4 big plants. Want to make some tasty concentrate for myself. To be smoked or vaped. Maybe dry sift or bubble or rosin. Also would like to make some edibles for my friends that are breast cancer patients, and some are survivors. If this is off topic let me know and I'll start a new thread. There is just so much info out there I don't know where to begin. looking for opinions from people that grow frosty Bodhi gear. And money is an object lol. I can only spend a few hundred at most. The low end rosin presses look interesting. I've never made any concentrates before.

I read your post a couple times and slept on it.
First let me talk about the rosin.....If you are keeping any smoke able flowers around you can make rosin any time with a simple flat iron for hair and parchment paper....so I would keep some cured bud and make rosin on the spot.....Easy
But if you are going to primarily make dabbs out of all it...processes it with a press and take all your squished buds and run through my process and just filter twice maybe.
From there you can add go oil to any batter for baked goods....bake at low temp.

IMHO...Rosin is the easiest and purest/cleanest form of Dab hash This is Heady blunts area of expertise.

If you wanted to make bubble hash I would def make it with dry ice in a 1gal sterile paint can.....take every single bit of unusable plant material and run it.Do not dry just freeze

If you're going to make Go oil I would grab all the lower non pristine buds off your plants while you're trimming and ziplock and toss in the freezer and squished buds.

My way is a 25 dollar crockpot and household items that offers you dabbs after the iso portion is finished and becomes a edible at completion with long term unrefrigerated storage.

When you make Goji oil and you're finished pour finished oil in jar for storage then pour brownie batter in dirty crock....mix and bake,,,,No Go oil wasted:biggrin:

I did my best with your question...

:)