What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PGR growth enhancer, free samples.

willowz

So, I think I'm out of samples.

Can the people interested send me a PM with where to send the samples? I'll try and get them out ASAP.

Thanks!

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
I can't seem to send PM's to you. If your still interested can you PM me?
He needs 50 posts for the PM option ;) .

Did you include lactoyllactate or low molecular weight polylactic acid as well or just plain lactate? I happen to have an idea regarding this subject...

The pH of a nutrient solution used for cannabis is slightly acidic and hence chances are high that it, as intended, will protonate to form hydrogen sulfide. I'm still not such a fan of hydrogensulfide... IMHO it is too reactive to be used in a fertiliser blend (according to Wikipedia, it reacts with nitrate =) Dunno if this is true at the employed dilutions). Nonetheless, appreciate your efforts, interest, and most of all the sharing part!

willowz

He needs 50 posts for the PM option ;) .

Did you include lactoyllactate or low molecular weight polylactic acid as well or just plain lactate? I happen to have an idea regarding this subject...

The pH of a nutrient solution used for cannabis is slightly acidic and hence chances are high that it, as intended, will protonate to form hydrogen sulfide. I'm still not such a fan of hydrogensulfide... IMHO it is too reactive to be used in a fertiliser blend (according to Wikipedia, it reacts with nitrate =) Dunno if this is true at the employed dilutions). Nonetheless, appreciate your efforts, interest, and most of all the sharing part!

Hi,

I used low molecular weight polylactic acid. I think it would be permeable for plant uptake as opposed to larger molecules.

I think I still have one or two samples available for sampling. If anyone is interested just let me know here or via PM.

I hope people would be able to utilize the compounds used in this PGR growth enhancer to their own benefit.

Best regards.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Even LMW PLA isn't plant available but unlike HMW it's water miscible and hence spontaneously hydrolyses to form small oligomers and lactic acid which are available. The bad thing is that this degradation becomes faster the smaller the chains get. After a lag phase of practically no lactic acid availability there's an exponential increase with possibly too much followed by a rapid drop back to zero. This however only works in soil and recycling systems whereas its usefulness in DTW is highly questionable due short contact time and constant leaking of shorter, not yet active oligomers.
The solution proposed in your linked publication was the use of lactoyllactate synthesised from lactide. Though, we don't know if it's really that one which is active and depending on the environment etc. it either quickly hydrolyses to lactic acid or cyclises back to lactide; haven't read the whole text in detail but I suspect they did use PLA which is sometimes referred to as lactide instead of polylactide. From what I see, the trick is (should be, based on other publications and common chemistry rules) to directly use lactide. That one's cheap, water soluble, readily plant available (known, constant concentration!), somewhat more stable and hence less prone to hydrolysis than lactoyllactate, and most of all shows the same activity on plant growth as the latter ;) .
There's one huge advantage of LMW PLA: Application to soil! PLA shares many similarities with PEG and hence ameliorates soil structure but unlike PEG is biodegradable. It results in a sustained release formula for lactic acid too.

willowz

Ok, given my decrepit financial situation I am finally sending out the samples tommorow to the parties involved.

Sorry for the wait. I hope you all get your samples and savor it. =]

It's worth the wait.

If any of you changed your addresses please let me know ASAP.

willowz

Hi guys/gals.

I have sent out most of the samples already. People in the US will get theirs first (by Saturday). Overseas participants at a latter date. I suspect a week from today.

I have 1 more sample to offer for a participant in the US. I'm somewhat apprehensive to send it out overseas since it's a liquid and at the USPS you get the feeling like they want to inspect your asshole for any irregularities.

Anyway, one more sample available to anyone willing to trial it located in the US.

Best regards.

mackdx

I'll give it test if you need someone . Running 6k in lights with plenty of up and coming clones to do side by sides.

willowz

At least one participant received the sample and claims already positive results from it, I think.

Eagerly awaiting preliminary reports.

Thanks for helping me out guys.

If anything ever becomes of this I hope to share in some of the profits by becoming a sponsor here. Just to keep good karma flowing.

Best regards.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Willowz- I got the sample. I threw it in and Undercurrent and in some soil. Leaves are more shiny and healthy green than they were before adding. I don't have a proper control, but it definitely isn't hurting anything. Thank you for sending that out.

skirbydog

Well...sounds pretty good willowz, :tiphat: hope everyone else has similar results props to you and everyone who was willing to have a go!! cheers skirbydog

willowz

Willowz- I got the sample. I threw it in and Undercurrent and in some soil. Leaves are more shiny and healthy green than they were before adding. I don't have a proper control, but it definitely isn't hurting anything. Thank you for sending that out.
Glad no ill effects have been cleared outta the way. I expect things to get better with time. Keep us posted and thanks!

Well...sounds pretty good willowz, :tiphat: hope everyone else has similar results props to you and everyone who was willing to have a go!! cheers skirbydog

No need to hope, you'll be testing a sample soon 'nuff.

Cheers :)

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
ok got my sample in the mail the other day. i prolly should have asked sooner but how do you use it? :D i thought it was like nutes then i get the bottle. and it's def not nutes lol. whats the application rate like 1x a week? every watering? so far i've just been seeing if it can aid in rooting clones. i mixed up a gallon and i used a few drops in 6oz water. like a drop per oz to use as a soak. planted a few cuts in dirt using plain water/honey/cinammon/pgr see if anything noticeable.

BillFarthing

Veteran
ok got my sample in the mail the other day. i prolly should have asked sooner but how do you use it? :D i thought it was like nutes then i get the bottle. and it's def not nutes lol. whats the application rate like 1x a week? every watering? so far i've just been seeing if it can aid in rooting clones. i mixed up a gallon and i used a few drops in 6oz water. like a drop per oz to use as a soak. planted a few cuts in dirt using plain water/honey/cinammon/pgr see if anything noticeable.

I did 1 ml/gallon of feed water. I'm interested to see if they respond differently than my normal feed program.

willowz

Every watering... I sent a paper with some instructions with it but forgot to mention that. Sorry!

Best regards and glad it got to you safely.

Edit: For sake of simplicity, if you have a reservoir for a hydro system you can just dump it in there at 1 ml per gal.

I just hope you can compare it to come controles to gauge effectiveness. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts