What's new

PETA has outdone Sea Kittens

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would have said the "Rescue Shelter Boys" took the cake on PETA's stupidity level, however, they always seem to out do them selves. Death threats against our nations Vice President really shows this. I mean how far is too far???

luciano28

Steaks are good
Pork Chops are good
Chicken is good
Fish is good
Ham is good
Bacon is good
Sausage is good
Cheese is good

C

Cookie monster

I'd love to take a look at the peta account books, they have always struck me as being the type of shock tactic organisation that would have no qualms spending serious money to get exposure.

This whole think about their cold storage bugs the hell out of me i dont know if there is any truth in it but if there is then what a waste of money that could be put to better use.

bentom187

Veteran
people eat meat its been the main staple in our diets we evolved around it ,when you take somthing that made up 80-90% of your diet for the past 10,000 yrs and throw it out the door your gonna run into problems like aneimia ect.. its a fact. recreational hunting i can see becoming nessecary cause overpopulation is a bad thing as long as they use the animal its no big deal,otherwise they will die slowly from disease or predation.fishing recreationally isnt bad the hook goes in and out it might hurt but they heal pretty well,commercial fishing can damage alot so im no to much in favor of that.

S

sparkjumper

I don't doubt that fish feel pain since they're alive lol but I keep hearing its been proven that fish feel pain.How is this accomplished ask a salmon?A fish painmeter?Do they say ouch in fish?What?

Screw these crazy nut jobs. They're even against people owning animals as pet's because they view it as "unethical". On another note, anyone ever see the crazy bitch who founded PETA? Preaching all this crap, yet she owns a pet herself. Holier than thou doesn't even begin to describe it. the people who support PETa might have their hearts in the right place but this chick is a nutbar at best.

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
people eat meat its been the main staple in our diets we evolved around it ,when you take somthing that made up 80-90% of your diet for the past 10,000 yrs

Ummmmm, hate to break it to you, but only the Inuit have historically had that kind of meat intake.......almost never in history has the human diet been 80-90% meat.

bentom187

Veteran
i might have exadurated a little but read this,this book was written about 97

THE CYCLIST TRAINING BIBLE by joe friel
"the human body has not changed signifigantly in more than a million years,
but there has been an exponetial increase in information about the
human body over the last 30 years. some of this knowledge has caused us to make dramatic and even complex adjustments in the way we live and train ,though not always.take diet,for example.
going back a million years to the stone age, we find that paleolithic men and women had a simple diet.despite the absence of the food pyramid and RDA,they did not suffer lifstyle -induced diseases we now experience:heart deseise ,hypertension,diabetes and some types of cancers.nor were they runts .reaserch has shown that stonage men and women were about the same size as we are today.the men averaged 5 feet -eleven inches and the women were about the five feet six inches.indeed it wasnt until the advent of agriculture about 10,000 years ago that humans lost stature they would not regain until the last 200 years.
with the advent of an agrarian lifestyle came also higher infant mortality ,reduced lifespans,iron deficency,bone disorderssuch as ostoporosis
and dental cavities. modern man is still afflicted with many of the same disorders.
in only 10,000 years(less in most parts of the world ),agriculture has completely reshaped our diets and health. while a hundred centuries may seemlike a long time,its really not in the context of nearly 2million years of mans time as a genus on earth.if mans existence were represented by 24 hours,farming would have been only around for the last 8 minutes ,far too little time for the body to have adapted to the diet currently popular.modern men and women have bodies meant for a diet quite different from what most eat now.
it is reasonable to beleive that the diet man ate for most of his existence,intil
the arrival of farming,is the diet for wich we are best suited today.what was that diet?Paleolithic man mostly ate the meat and organs of wild game,uncultivated vegtibles and fruit.they did not eat grass seed (grains), dairy products animal fattend on corn in feedlots ,or,with the rare exception of honey,calorie dense nutritionaly emptyfoods.their diet was high in fiber low in saturated fat and high in protein from the meat of extremely lean animals.
while it is not possible to adopt earliest mans menu,it is possible to eat in a manner wich more closley resembles that optimal diet.such a menu includes
a macronutrient breakdown somewhat different from the high carbohydrate ,low protein regiment commonly described as best for the athlete.a diet that more closley follows that of paleolithic man would be composed of one-third or more protein,20-25 percent fat and half or less from carbohydrate.since meat was undoubtedly stone age mans dietary staple,some paleontologists beleive he ate even one-third of his calories as protien. this issue has not been resolved ,and certainly wont be here."

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
Peta make me sick, their main Modus Operandi is to find people who have died from animal related deaths and call their relatives to harass them:

"Animal rights activists have targeted the parents of Britain's first known human victim of "rabbit flu", with telephone callers telling them his death was a "rabbit's revenge".

John Freeman, 29, died after becoming infected with the bacteria pasteurella multocida after picking up a rabbit on his farm.

His parents Joan and Peter Freeman, who farm at Aspall, near Stowmarket in Suffolk, spoke out following their son's death to appeal for greater awareness of the bacterium that caused his death.

But the couple were horrified when anti-hunting extremists telephoned them within days of their son's funeral and implied their son deserved to die."

M

Mountain

I remember when PETA came out with the Sea Kitten thing and just laughed...now this? Just think...there's someone, or someones, sitting in an office somewhere getting paid to think this stuff up and promote it! For sure there's lots of better ways to spend the $ they are getting. Must be a bunch of whacknuts at the top of the food chain at PETA. Did I say food chain...LOL.

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
I'd love to see a Peta freak back in the day convince the Indians to stop hunting..

url

I'd love to "date" one of these, then proceed to cook up some tasty meat for breakfast the next morning after telling them how much I loved animals..

360222366_72c99b40dc.jpg

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
WHAT?! I think they need to re-look at most hunters and fisherman. They are the ones concerned most with keeping populations up and animals healthy. Do these people even know why people are allowed to hunt deer and such? If no deer were hunted, the population would spiral out of control and the poor things would starve to death. This is why limits are set according to what the goals of the wildlife commission are. Too many bucks in rut? Up the limit. Not enough babies, lower the limit, etc. I am a hunter/fisherman/animal lover. Believe it, we do exist.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd love to see a Peta freak back in the day convince the Indians to stop hunting..

url

I'd love to "date" one of these, then proceed to cook up some tasty meat for breakfast the next morning after telling them how much I loved animals..

360222366_72c99b40dc.jpg

yup. say, "I do love animals....medium rare"