Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

filter xp

Tex it looks like we're the least of the best! haha

:pointlaug

I really thought the little guy had a chance, when he's with me I can't walk through a crowded area because 1,000 people stop to pet em and chat about the dog.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am so amazed at how the voting is going .... I can't believe that Tex's little pups have only gotten one vote. They are such cute little guys :)

G

Hey Tex I likes your pups man, they look like a hand full. In that pic they are a arm full.

Mo,

Bigmone357

I don't think pitbulls are cute at all they maul ppl,kids,etc..by nature they are vicious. I have had an experience had to put one down for a permaneant nap with a .357slug before he turned on the owner.I like babba's pup that's the definition of CUTE.When is this thing gonna be over?-lol. Peace Bm357

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
racketeer, love your pitt...looks cute with the bone in his mouth like that, like he's
saying 'come on man...get over here and throw this for me will ya?'

I would like to get your take on pitts a bit further racketeer cause you have some great
stats posted. I believe pitts have gotten a bit of a bad rap due to those who perhaps
breed them too closely among themselves...kinda like breeding cannabis and getting some
recessive traits? If a pitt is properly bred, they are awesome pets, even around children.
Yeah, we hear some bad things about them attacking ppl...going a bit skitsy...but
there must be reasons for that (tormented by someone, mistreated, abused in some way????)
I know when I lived in Dade & Broward county FL in order to own one the owner
must have quite a hefty liability insurance policy ($1 mil) (usually an add on to
homeowners ins). I have friends there with pitts and they are intimidating looking....a bit
hyper....but are sweet as sweet can be.

Good show ALL! Close contest...neck and neck! If you haven't voted, please do so.

:bis:
dg

nycnoob

hehehe lol... they are all very cute.. im deciding between the pups of texas and babba and growin and racket but who am i kidding all of them... since theres 4...cant resist.. i got you texas

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It really saddens me when i hear such ignorance regarding pitt bull terriers.......i myself own 2 staffordshire bull terriers and they are the most loving, homely, child friendly, safe and eager to please their owner, in the uk Pittbull terriers are basically illegal and staffordshire bullterriers are now demonised in the same way.......i truely believe that if poodles were as eager to please their owners and as tenacious as bull terriers breeds they would be purchased by the type of sick individual who fights dogs and would be demonised in the same way......it is these qualities that are abused for fighting purposes......i prefer to channel my dogs energy with breed specific exercise, also i have 2 boys and neither have been castrated and they love one another, never fight and enjoy a nice cuddle with each other, my dogs know the difference between right and wrong, i never confuse them with contradicotory commands of requests. A dog is what you make it.......so many times i get youngsters asking me if i have an attack word for my dogs and i alsways tell them the same thing.......i love my dog and he loves me, we look after each other, attack commands will only confuse the dog and it will end up bitting you. Also on the occassions my dog has been attacked it has always been the type of dog people think of as family dogs and let off the lead carelessly.......because of this i have to walk my dogs on the lead constantly because if someone elses dog attacks mine, mine will end up doing the worse damage and get blame, not only that but i do not want my dog to get the taste for a ruck......if only all dog owners were as conscious........oh well ithink thats a rant, sorry to go off on one but if is a subject very close to my heart.
Peace

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
Rack.... he's very far fom looking like a mean nasty tempered dog.... give him love and that's what he'll know.. the genes are there... he'd protect you until the end if someone proceeded to get violant with you... what ya call him.. or did I miss that?

Bigmone357

racketeer said:
That's one of most ignorant things I've heard in a long while. Can I add that to my list of stereotypes, right next to all jews have big noses, all blacks have big lips, all asians look alike, all mexicans are lazy, all white people that love nascar live in trailors, and I forget the rest, i don't have my list with me.

Poor training and abuse are what turns a dog vicious and bad. You can make a damn pomeranian or yorkshire vicious by abusing it.
And Pitts are naturally aggressive towards CANINES, not humans. Animal aggression is nothing like human aggression, yes they were bred for their traits in agression but towards other canines, like I said before.

Dalmatians, Chows, Labs, Goldens, Rotties, Dobermans, Cocker Spaniel, and akita's all have a HIGHER FAIL RATE than pitts.

Want some stats?
These were taken from the American Temperament Testing Society,
American Pitt Bull had a 83.4% pass rate on their temperment test
Dalmations - 81.4%
Chihuahua - 70.6%
Chow Chow - 69.3%
Cocker Spaniel - 81.5%
Collie - 79.0%
Dalmatian - 81.4%
Doberman Pinscher -76.5%
German Pinscher - 80.0%
German Shepherd Dog - 82.8%
Shih Tzu - 76.9%

All those above dogs, worse temperment than a pitt bull. Hmmm...

Abuse the dog, it will turn, plain and simple. The pitt bull is a good dog, people are just more prone to mistreating them though because what they have been breed for, fighting.

If I had more time I would train my dog better, but as it is he already knows how to stay, bring it here, sit, down, shake, wave, go home and heel, and I can almost walk him without the leash. On the command "stay" I can throw chunks of steak till i'm blue and he won't touch them till I give him the command that it's ok to do it.

Finally, ALL puppies are cute, most of them grow up to be ugly though, big long snout or dumb looking blockhead. I'm glad mines is pretty much grown and still looks good.

PEACE.
It's all good man relax I don't wanna be :dueling: i'm chilling in the a/c smokin' a phatty I suggest u do the same no reason to get heated.Don't believe everything u read that's ignorant- STATISTICS - I was writing from a personal REAL LIFE experience the dog pic brought back memories & I had to say something that's all. Your pit got a nice coat & the colors grey& white meld well together looks well groomed.But everyone has a different opinion.Peace & Ganja :pimp3: BM357 :lurk:

Wow, awesome pics

Wow, awesome pics

Great contest and great animals. It was hard chosing but one picture really stood out for me. Congrats to all of the finalists.
NoS

G

I think the distinction between aggression towards humans and aggression towards dogs is an important one to make, my dog is not neutered and I do not let him get near other males if they are not neutered. its just too much of a pain in the ass if they get tangled up IMO... he is great with kids and super gentle but at the same time i wouldn't recommend leaving any big dog alone with young children. the bottom line is if u have a pitt or a rott or a doberman or a presa canario or whatever ur always going to be regarded as an instigator in any situation that arises so you have to be especially diligent about staying in control of those breeds. if the owner can't handle the dog its not the dog's fault its because the owner is a weak person...

G

Congrats to all the entries, lots of good looking critters in here, hard to choose and the poll is close :yoinks:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Highlander Ive had German Shepherds all my life and I just wanted to say your dog is extremly beautiful. Im sure you know this but I just wanted to tell you how pretty he is :)

G

growing up...

growing up...

look how much bigger this pup has gotten since I took the pic to enter this contest :yoinks:

then

now

oh my how they grow.. hehe :joint:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts