What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Perpetual flow, let's blazeoneup and grow!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Beautiful! Great work, as usual!! I do a similar soil mix and it works perfectly. I honestly think it's the simplest way to go with top notch results!

I think hydroponics is easier and less overall work. But it's also more costly to run and more equipment that can fail. For those reasons an organic soil is an awesome alternative.

Can only dream my canopy ends up looking like that! haha.

Amazing pics.

First you dream it, then you realize it! :tiphat:

Looks great as always, cross sounds interesting with that dense nugget bud:tiphat:

It will make for an interesting hybrid for sure.

I've obtained some real gems over the years and I've lost them all due to security and legal issues. Now that I have no worries I'm going to get back to focusing on my passion which is and has been for a majority of my life cannabis cultivation.

This time though I'm doing it for keepsake. I am going to create some hybrids with the terpene profiles and traits I desire. I know what I want and I know what I got to do to get there. Now it's just a matter of execution. :tiphat:

Cmoon

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I've obtained some real gems over the years and I've lost them all due to security and legal issues. Now that I have no worries I'm going to get back to focusing on my passion which is and has been for a majority of my life cannabis cultivation.[/FONT]
same buddy, ak47 cherry, lifesaver, orig c99, che some good stuffmo/rom uxb.....fond memories, but hey! great stuff to be tested im sure we do our best Blaze:biggrin:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
same buddy, ak47 cherry, lifesaver, orig c99, che some good stuffmo/rom uxb.....fond memories, but hey! great stuff to be tested im sure we do our best Blaze:biggrin:

Yeah my list of fond memories is pretty long. In time I'll get there just gotta stay busy and focused on the goal. :tiphat:

Cmoon

Iv still got a grip on the shorts moonshine but only as a cross I had a part in ( I held the bag while my m8 chucked the pollen:laughing: )

good luck man, lets have those heads on:tiphat:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Iv still got a grip on the shorts moonshine but only as a cross I had a part in ( I held the bag while my m8 chucked the pollen )

good luck man, lets have those heads on

I'm obtaining some of my old line up again, I'll work them right in with the new finds.

Day 21 12/12 things are on schedule so far. Health is not quite optimal but it's good enough.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Subbed. This is amazing. Great job. Loving the even canopy and healthy girls.

Thank you for the kind words and thanks for subbing!

Looking delicious.

It's starting to smell delicious indeed!

A lot of growers like to cut the under canopy prior to flip, I usually like to do the same, however when I am running strains that are new and I'm trying to learn their feeding habbits and pattern. I simply leave the lowers intact.

The lowers are usually where the first sign of deficiency shows up, where the upper (newest growth) tends to be where we see over nutrification.

It's my belief that if we cut all the lowers by the time you notice a deficiency your buds will more then likely have become deficient as well which means less trichome production less sugar production and less overall production in my experience.

So what I do with new strains is leave the lowers intact and monitor them for any signs of deficiency and take note of what week it shows up. This does 2 things for me, One it allows me to adjust a feed for the particular strain on the next cycle to prevent deficiencies all together. Two it allows me to notice a deficiency early enough as to not impact my flower production.

For me it's a good practice for learning and figuring out the sweet spot for specific genetics!

A look into the lower canopy!

picture.php

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Looks good. Trichomes are poping out. Frost flower. :tiphat:

It's moving alone check back in a few weeks for some frosty goodness!

I went through the veg box last night, stripped a bunch of the plants leafs down and topped them, I recently got some new cuts last week, the person I got them from said they don't have any pest issues and the cuttings were clean.

Me being a cautious grower, I quarantine any new cuttings or plants just as a precautionary measure. This is another one of the times I'm reminded I do so for good reason. Turns out I went to check out my buddies setup and noticed he has a spider mite issue.

Me being paranoid as I am when it comes to pest in my garden. I immediately returned home and begin a second treatment just for insurance. When I first received the cuts I power washed them with warm water and sprayed them down with neem oil. Just as a precautionary measure.

If you have a garden and you are battling pest issues, please be responsible when passing cuts to others. Everyone isn't always as cautious as they should be and sending a clean garden cuts with spider mites can throw the whole garden off track and cost growers lot's of time and loss. It's good practice to be upfront and honest if you have a pest issue and are passing cuttings.

Until next time be safe and take care!

Last edited:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I ordered a dehumidifier today, I have one but I can't use it in this box, 70 pint will overheat the space and have the air conditioner over working. So I had to order unit that is better sized for the space. The humidity has been running a little high and the air conditioner with autopilot just isn't running long enough to pull the humidity down so adding dehumidifier to get that under control and manageable.

I also received the Katsu today. Cannot be more appreciative as katsu is my favorite cultivar. I very much enjoy her all around, she has the look the taste the smell and the buzz that all appeal to me. It's nice to have her back in the stable. :tiphat:

raCURE

I ordered a dehumidifier today, I have one but I can't use it in this box, 70 pint will overheat the space and have the air conditioner over working. So I had to order unit that is better sized for the space. The humidity has been running a little high and the air conditioner with autopilot just isn't running long enough to pull the humidity down so adding dehumidifier to get that under control and manageable.

I also received the Katsu today. Cannot be more appreciative as katsu is my favorite cultivar. I very much enjoy her all around, she has the look the taste the smell and the buzz that all appeal to me. It's nice to have her back in the stable. :tiphat:

Can I ask what dehumidifier you went for ? Having similar problem with my old machine so looking at a new smaller one.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Can I ask what dehumidifier you went for ? Having similar problem with my old machine so looking at a new smaller one.

I just got a unit that can do up to 68 oz a day. It was rated for 250sqft I'll post the unit when it gets here and I get it installed.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
The CSI HUMBOLDT genetics are just downright impressive. I have an old family purple at 25 days 12/12 that is so frosty and smells so intense of grape candy with super tight dense little nugget clusters.

The urkle smells just as sweet but trichome coverage not quite as intense. The babu well mutant and all is quite a pretty plant, strong solid structure looks like it will pack on some fat bubba nugs.

Babu
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Urkle S1

picture.php

picture.php

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Check out this Old Family Purple, Frosting heavily and not not even 4 weeks into 12/12! Frosty dense little cluster nugs that stink of grapey sweet candy deliciousness.

I don't know why these image sizes keep coming out so small they are full screen on my pc before uploading.

picture.php

picture.php

nickman

Veteran
Very nice Blaze...!!!...

I need to grab some more CSI genetics...!!!... real nice stuff he has...
I grew out a pack of his old Family Purple F2’s (r)... they were really dank...!!!... every plant was killer. . .

His freebies were also killer... Chem91 x OG
I still have some Pine Tar Kush...

Keep up the good work bro...!!!...

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Today is day 28 12/12 and things are on track for what looks to be all solid genetics doesn't really seem like I got anything bad from this round of seeds.Smells are all very nice and quite pungent.

The dehumidifier I got was a Hysure brand does up to 68 oz and rated for 269 sqft. I had it running for 4 hrs and it accumulated some water, it seems to be enough to get my slightly high humidity in check plus it adds a small amount of heat to the space which aids in the air conditioner kicking on and helping. It has a led ring indicator light so I had to put some gorilla duct tape over the power button to cover the led light but otherwise it's good to go.

picture.php

picture.php

Day 28 and things are on schedule! Another benefit of these screens is being able to rotate plants and pull them in or out individually for a good look.

picture.php

Seedsman Blueberry

This is a hardy plant and the terp profile is sweet berry smell blueberry isn't a bad description. Hardy plant!

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited: