What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

People who left rez/head/lucas?

B

bipotato

I never said you wouldn't need Ca/Mg with tap water. Obviously depends on which nutrients you're using and how much it contains.

superbolan

ive been using the H3ad formula and tho he got away from using epsom salts, i started seeing a deficiency pretty quickly and started it at a little under a gram per gallon. It fixed things right away

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I've got tap water with 40-140ppms usually more 40-80ppm is what is stays between and I've got lovely looking plants with H&G Cocos A&B and I now have happy Gorilla Grape and Magic Merlins which I couldn't get happy with 6/9 and calmag or without upped the nutes lowered the nutes still couldn't get it right said fuck it and got H&G........ I feel like a pro now! Soooooooo easy and I can see how much more a specific coco nutrient benefits the plants more than trying to tailor a general plant nutrient to fit the needs of coco. I kinda think if GH's 6/9 was so good for coco then don't you think they would just dilute the mix for us and make a Coco Grow and Coco Bloom or and A&B 2part? I do and was part of why I decided to make the switch.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i ran lucas formula in coco and got good frost but weak smell and some hermied...but i was a newb grower at the time. now i just run organic soil and love its simplicity.

I kinda think if GH's 6/9 was so good for coco then don't you think they would just dilute the mix for us and make a Coco Grow and Coco Bloom or and A&B 2part? I do and was part of why I decided to make the switch.
GH does make a perfect coco nutrient.
It is called FloraNova.
Maxi series also.

Cush

I was running GH Lucas formula and recently switched to the nova series which I've heard people call Lucas in a bottle. Getting really good results with this change in my coco hempy buckets. However, I do have to alternate between adding Cal-Mag and molasses when I feed.

B

bipotato

I haven't used the FloraNova in coco yet, but I feel like it's a bit strong on the N, no? Most or all the FN grows I've seen have either huge fan leaves or huge fan leaves + claw, or just claw. Guess depends on the strain + strength of the mix, but the ratio seems a bit high for my liking.

Edit: FloraNova Bloom's profile looks much better and more to my liking. I might have to try out a quart bottle next run to use for a bulk of the flowering cycle. Of course with the 1-part I would lose control over the later stages of bloom so I'm not sure how much I'll be gaining by not having to mix extra bottles in for those weeks. :dunno:

Last edited:
I haven't used the FloraNova in coco yet, but I feel like it's a bit strong on the N, no? Most or all the FN grows I've seen have either huge fan leaves or huge fan leaves + claw, or just claw. Guess depends on the strain + strength of the mix, but the ratio seems a bit high for my liking.

Edit: FloraNova Bloom's profile looks much better and more to my liking. I might have to try out a quart bottle next run to use for a bulk of the flowering cycle. Of course with the 1-part I would lose control over the later stages of bloom so I'm not sure how much I'll be gaining by not having to mix extra bottles in for those weeks. :dunno:

yea i have previously used nova in coco and found the ratios not really to be to my liking....yea too much N too much P...hmmm....its honestly a much better nutrient for veg or early early flower.....then it sucks IMO....recently i have switched to dutch master gold one flower it has a 1.8-.8-3.1 ratio....i am using it at about 900 ppm and the results are good in early flower...later on i will PK boost this ratio with canna 13-14. canna coco is a 3-0-3 nute and PK is added on. im now closer to this formula....the next 8 weeks will tell for me if nova was holding me back.

Cush

I haven't had any problems with the nova so far, about six weeks into my first run with it. All I can say is that my girls are packing on weight and resin production is crazy.

^ what dosage r u using....also how much of the bottle have you killed......i ask because....nova seems to be infamous for crystallizing in the bottle and fucking up your ratios!....deciding to use the bottom 1/6 of my bottle really fucked up my last op.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I have ran General Hydro 6/9 , PBP line, and H&G. I like GH 6/9 best. Allows for best control. With the Cannastat nute calculator. You can can sub your favorite additives in and out real easy.

I ran "The Recipe" this time with the new Hydroplex instead of liquid koolbloom. Came out pretty good. Hydoplex gives more of a Powdered Koolbloom P/K ratio.

Run the LKB the first 4 weeks of flower then run the hydroplex weeks 5 & 6 , then flush . works great :)

i have run canna, yellow bottles, advanced and house and garden as base nutes. i still think nothing beats h3ads 6/9 with gh as base nutes. i use yellow bottle additives with it now but have used others with similar success i always experiment with my additives keep base simple

Str8Dank

I've ran canna coco 2x now. Ran with head 6/9 ml/gal but I added ADDATIVES. Used the ff trio pack 1/2 strength and botanicare cal/mag+ veg and week 1-3 then go cal/mag which has a npk of 0-0-0 vs botanicares 2-0-0 week 4 and sometime in 5. Ph 5.8-6, never burn or cal mag issues and first run pulled over around 1 3/4 lb per light with 6 3gal pots per light.

I hit 2 lb per light n a ebb and grow gonna dial in this coco until I do the same not far to go. Running koolbloom this time may even up the dosage a little 6/9 and one strain still seems a little hungry. Next time I'll be using Moab from what I've heard it's the cleanest.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I have ran 6/9 for a long time now with many brands actually including gh, advanced jungle juice, advanced micro/bloom and all went fine. I however am switching completely to organic. There really is no point in growing with chemicals when organic is just so damn easy AND in the end way cheaper!

Plus you are not using chems anymore.

Megas

I have ran 6/9 for a long time now with many brands actually including gh, advanced jungle juice, advanced micro/bloom and all went fine. I however am switching completely to organic. There really is no point in growing with chemicals when organic is just so damn easy AND in the end way cheaper!

Plus you are not using chems anymore.

So what are you using?

BongRipkenJR.

Canna Coco, Cal Mag, Drip Clean.

6/9 GH formula, Cal Mag, Drip clean.

Either way you can't go wrong. In my area you absolutely have to use cal mag with coco when running tap water.