What's new

PCK x Kali China limited edition

deepwaterdude

Wow, those are a great first two plants. Things can pretty much only get worse from here;)

They look pretty done to the naked eye, and I wouldn't be ashamed to say I'd taken them at that point. Especially if bad weather's about and you risk mold or rot.

I'm smoking some Zamaldelica x Kali China that looked a bit like your #4. Not necessarily more sativa, just a different KC line, I think. The buds were smaller, more pointed, less round than the other plants and the leaves reached up, she purpled to almost black at the end. Buds were elongated but very dense. I thought it was a ZAmaldelica pheno, but with a little research it looked a lot like one of the KC lines, #22 I think. She stretched less than I thought she would. ANyway, phenomenal stuff, you're in for a treat;)
How bout this. Take a couple/1 plants down, the most ready, and leave a couple up that you think might have longer and see how they do. Or take tops that risk mold, leave bottoms. Can always chop the others a day/week or two later and stagger the trimming, drying process. Have some more matured buds, some less, find your sweet spot. I did 8, 9, 10, 11 weeks with the 5 I had going. Not a loser among them.
Congrats on some beautiful plants!

Butcher45

Thanks for the reply, Deepwaterdude!

I myself am pretty amazed at how nice these two plants are......excellent genetics is all I can say. All I ever fed them
was Dr Earth. As I said before, I did not feed them for the first four weeks of flower.

Nice that #4 caught your eye. She caught my attention early on in veg with a tart sweet-and-sour smelling stem-rub, and
also her nice branching. She took being constricted in a small pot for the majority of veg like a champ.

I want to harvest them both at the same time if possible, and keep everything in the drying area on the same timeline
for simplicity's sake. I have taken measures to help keep them dry
for the rest of their time outside.

I plucked a tiny little solitary 3 inch stem with a bonghit-sized nug on it from the bottom of #3 a couple of days ago, and set it
in an empty desk drawer to dry-up a bit. Just smoked it.....NOT mild, and very smooth in a bubbler. Eagerly awaiting
the day these flowers are finished curing!

Sacrificing branches from these plants to make clones a couple of months ago hurt at the time......but I am glad I did it, as I have healthy
clones of both #3 and #4, and also placed a couple clones of each with a friend for safe keeping.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Butcher45 :)

Congrats on your first harvest and thanks for choosing ACE genetics for your first grow!
Both plants look enough ripe at this point so you can harvest them now if more rains are coming. If the weather report for upcoming days is good, without rains, then maybe let them ripe for 5-7 days more.

Happy harvest! :tiphat:

Butcher45

#4 got real fat and greasy-looking.......

#4 got real fat and greasy-looking.......

and the small nugs in particular got a dark shade of purple on them real quick! Sounds like the pheno deepwaterdude described in his ZamxKC. Soooooo glad I took cuttings!!

Chopped both of them down late last night......feel good about it, too.

Attachments

• P1070021.jpg
    P1070021.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 34
  • P1070017.jpg
    P1070017.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 41
  • P1070035.jpg
    P1070035.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 33

Shooters

I knew it would get big but damn I never thought to see a hashplant get this big and it is not done yet still stretching...

picture.php

picture.php

:laughing:

:woohoo:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Amazing PCK x Kali China bush Shooters :D

As you have experienced, this hybrid has plenty of vigor for being a mostly hashplant indica cross, especially outdoors with longer growing stages.

I think you are growing the first version of the hybrid: purple PCK 2002 x Kali China elite (F3), the Kali China F3 parental plant is the one that has more sativa influence among all our Kali China parental plants, and your plant seems to be clearly influenced by her, its stretching too. The ones that lean towards Kali China F3 have the potential to yield very well outdoors.

Best wishes for the rest of the flowering! :yes:

Btw, thanks for keep posting pics of this older limited edition, PCK x Kali China is currently out of stock, but i'm glad to see you are still enjoying with this hybrid :huggg:

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Had one outdoor guerilla style this summer. Had a lot of bug issues with some type of bud borer and she was later to start flowering than straight KC and NJ x KC which were growing beside her in the woods. Also later to finish... I chopped her last week but probably could have left her longer. Buds were small and she was very very stretchy in structure I assumed because of less than full sun but now I'm not so sure. I took a cut which is currently flowering indoors, also insanely stretchy although she finally calmed down and putting on some nice frost. Already looks like my indoor yield will be a lot better as well as the quality. Green pheno, no red colors. Aromas are light and typical KC fruity sweat socks.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I had hoped for the purplish pheno with this plant but it was only one seed and I have several packs in my stash, so maybe in a future grow...but here is a closeup from the cut I took off my outdoor plant earlier in the summer. She's under Cree 3500k cobs and loving life, putting on the frost and starting to fatten up a little.

deepwaterdude

and the small nugs in particular got a dark shade of purple on them real quick! Sounds like the pheno deepwaterdude described in his ZamxKC. Soooooo glad I took cuttings!!

Chopped both of them down late last night......feel good about it, too.

Hey, man, just caught up on the thread! That was a sweet looking girl. How long did you take her and how does she smoke?:biggrin:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi TexasTea,

Thanks for sharing your outdoor experience with Kali China and some her fast flowering hybrids. Wish you enjoy with the harvest.

Your PCK x Kali China has interesting sativa influence, and seems to produce good amounts of resin since early flowering. The green pheno of this hybrid is more fruity, pear, caramel, while the purple ones smell more like forest fruit candies. Both are great, the green one is stronger in average.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Thank you dubi, it has been a joy to grow the Ace offerings!

The PCK x KC cut that I had indoors finally finished and went into the jar about a week ago. It has been interesting to compare the outdoor vs indoor product. I screwed up my outdoor plant somehow and had a lot of leaves yellow up on me and fall off. Not sure if it was over fertilizing, although I thought I was going way easy on feeding...the final results were just OK.

Indoors it was a different story. Despite being potted in some rich soil, I began to have some bottom yellowing issues and burnt tips. But I have been doing my homework this fall and learning much more about organic techniques. Total Living Organics has been an eye opener and there is a lot of great info on Youtube also.

After up potting to some fresh soil, inoculating with a microbial product called Recharge and brewing up some Boogie Brew aerated compost tea the changes were stunning. Yellowing stopped, buds fattened up, frost thickened and resins became quite sticky. I ended up pulling more than the outside yield and the smoke is superior so far. She's getting quite lemony in the jar. I was sampling her last night, great relaxing buzz. I'm glad I have a few packs of this one as I will definitely be growing her again.

Butcher45

Hey, man, just caught up on the thread! That was a sweet looking girl. How long did you take her and how does she smoke?:biggrin:

I took both of them to 70 days of 12/12 (light dep).

The #3 is my favorite of the two that I grew out, and a very enjoyable smoke. KaliChina qualities of creamy, oriental spices with some incense in what I thought to be a green PCK pheno-type leaning plant. Going to have to wait until next season to see how the #3 pheno does outside for a full outdoor season here in Benton County, Oregon.

The #4 plant has a strong energetic nervous sativa effect that I would sometimes find to be a bit unsettling if I smoked more than a hit or two of it. I had a similar reaction to a phenotype of Power Plant a friend grew a few years back......the reaction doesn't come around often.

I gave PCKxKC#1, and PCKxKC#2 to two different friends to grow. The #2 pole-plant pheno reportedly dried out, and died over a weekend while he was away, and another friend grew-out #1 (the most rigorous, and biggest start) using a 150gallon-or-so pot of living recycled soil (fed nothing but water all season) in an outdoor spot he uses to test for resistance to all the perils that our Willamette Valley growing season has to offer. All seeds germinated May 1st.

#1 is a purple pheno, and got about 7 feet+tall not including pot. Was a slow starter in flower but really poured it on at the end (especially with the amazing aroma), producing the largest volume flowers of all the strains he grew out this year. The flowers were so large, he at first predicted a two pound harvest off of this plant, but after a short time drying the flowers lost a substantial amount of size, and the harvest looks to be closer to a pound. Impressive for a plant left to it's own devices, fed only water in a less-than-ideal spot.

What is most impressive, is the resistance #1 has displayed against budrot in our highly hostile environment. He put this plant out in it's final pot a little later in the season than he would have liked, and it wound up ready to harvest right at Halloween (enormous colas). Our region had ideal conditions for producing mold this year with a lot of sun/rain/sun/rain intervals in mid October, and since. Then a good strong storm that busted a few branches off of #1. A few days after harvest, there was a small amount of bud rot that spread very very slowly in an isolated location or two of #1. Perhaps caterpillars? He picked it off after awhile, and that was that. The rest of the plant had no budrot at all, and as of today 11/16 there are still several branches of bud on that plant out there braving the cold, and truly HEAVY rains we have been having in Benton County for weeks on end.......with ZERO budrot.

Spectacular performance for the Willamette Valley! If you are looking to adapt KaliChina to the PNW environment this PCK cross is something to explore. I have a generous stash of that purple#1 that I am enjoying just as much as the green#3. Great day/early evening smokes. The smell of #1 takes the cake out of the three that were grown to the end......very very nice right after drying. The most purple plant he's grown in 15+years of growing, and he was overall impressed with the plant in general in most every respect. He noticed a reddish color trait in the buds that he has seen green buds display right before getting a mold infestation (like as a result of the impending mold) that he thinks is an indicator of the plants system fighting off (or attempting to fight off) mold. Only this reddish color was always apparent on the buds of #1 to begin with. Indicator of genetic resistance to budrot? #1 did suffer some powder mold in veg......it was easily treated, and done with.
#4 is smelling much nicer now after a good bit of cure......going to try it again here soon and see how the cure has affected the character of the smoke.

I will try to get some pictures of #1 up soon.

gr8fulguitr

I grew one of these out this summer indoors in a five Gal. under leds.

The smoke report is spot on. Good smoke. Good from morning to evening with no problem. After cure I am getting a coffee and caramel scent. Almost a delicate smell, not something i am used to from flower. very unique.
It pop-ed some early flower nanner so i got a couple seed, like 20 seeds. just in early flower never saw them till after chop at the base of the stem. no big. i think i stressed it when i put new lights up.

i will run the seeds someday, next up is maybe a nepal jam or Guatemala.
cheers ACE peeps.:tiphat:

I have been growing this strain since I was first lucky enough to find a purple pheno type.
I grew out 3 seeds and out of the 3 plants, 1 was purple and 2 were green.

Green pheno - smelled like cat puss and a bit of chewing gum.

The purple pheno - smells like fuel / chewing gum
And tiger balm.
Smoke leaves your mouth with a cold mental feeling.
Tastes sometimes kushy but never really definitely a kush taste. Very complex taste.
Smell is next level

High - if held in for a few seconds can give a similar body stone to a morphine. Only lasting 5 seconds it is like nothing I ever smoked before
(Taken 10-11 weeks.)
Finishes in 7-9 depending g on the high you are after.
More narcotic at 10 weeks. Pistals never fully turn 100% orange.

I have made crosses from pck /kc
Including pck/ kc x pck/ kc
And
Pck/ kc × back 2 the congo
Using the purple pheno

Purple phenos are always in the mix all smelling of 3 parts. Fuel berry and skunky kush in different configurations
Green pheno smells like berry and almost smells exactly like my friends cut of tennesee hog
Big yeilder. Lime green . Dense as rocks.

My grower friend who is the legend in my neck of the woods for having the best recipe said my purple cut is best thing hr ever grew in 25 + years.
Cool texture. Greasy tricomes.

The stretch on this strain is insane. Plants double in height and node lenght is long (6-8 inch)
Except on really large branches.
Anoing to grow sometimes but the end product is vastly beyond most things you see around.

Bag apear is like nothing you have ever had.

I took both of them to 70 days of 12/12 (light dep).

The #3 is my favorite of the two that I grew out, and a very enjoyable smoke. KaliChina qualities of creamy, oriental spices with some incense in what I thought to be a green PCK pheno-type leaning plant. Going to have to wait until next season to see how the #3 pheno does outside for a full outdoor season here in Benton County, Oregon.

The #4 plant has a strong energetic nervous sativa effect that I would sometimes find to be a bit unsettling if I smoked more than a hit or two of it. I had a similar reaction to a phenotype of Power Plant a friend grew a few years back......the reaction doesn't come around often.

I gave PCKxKC#1, and PCKxKC#2 to two different friends to grow. The #2 pole-plant pheno reportedly dried out, and died over a weekend while he was away, and another friend grew-out #1 (the most rigorous, and biggest start) using a 150gallon-or-so pot of living recycled soil (fed nothing but water all season) in an outdoor spot he uses to test for resistance to all the perils that our Willamette Valley growing season has to offer. All seeds germinated May 1st.

#1 is a purple pheno, and got about 7 feet+tall not including pot. Was a slow starter in flower but really poured it on at the end (especially with the amazing aroma), producing the largest volume flowers of all the strains he grew out this year. The flowers were so large, he at first predicted a two pound harvest off of this plant, but after a short time drying the flowers lost a substantial amount of size, and the harvest looks to be closer to a pound. Impressive for a plant left to it's own devices, fed only water in a less-than-ideal spot.

What is most impressive, is the resistance #1 has displayed against budrot in our highly hostile environment. He put this plant out in it's final pot a little later in the season than he would have liked, and it wound up ready to harvest right at Halloween (enormous colas). Our region had ideal conditions for producing mold this year with a lot of sun/rain/sun/rain intervals in mid October, and since. Then a good strong storm that busted a few branches off of #1. A few days after harvest, there was a small amount of bud rot that spread very very slowly in an isolated location or two of #1. Perhaps caterpillars? He picked it off after awhile, and that was that. The rest of the plant had no budrot at all, and as of today 11/16 there are still several branches of bud on that plant out there braving the cold, and truly HEAVY rains we have been having in Benton County for weeks on end.......with ZERO budrot.

Spectacular performance for the Willamette Valley! If you are looking to adapt KaliChina to the PNW environment this PCK cross is something to explore. I have a generous stash of that purple#1 that I am enjoying just as much as the green#3. Great day/early evening smokes. The smell of #1 takes the cake out of the three that were grown to the end......very very nice right after drying. The most purple plant he's grown in 15+years of growing, and he was overall impressed with the plant in general in most every respect. He noticed a reddish color trait in the buds that he has seen green buds display right before getting a mold infestation (like as a result of the impending mold) that he thinks is an indicator of the plants system fighting off (or attempting to fight off) mold. Only this reddish color was always apparent on the buds of #1 to begin with. Indicator of genetic resistance to budrot? #1 did suffer some powder mold in veg......it was easily treated, and done with.
#4 is smelling much nicer now after a good bit of cure......going to try it again here soon and see how the cure has affected the character of the smoke.

I will try to get some pictures of #1 up soon.

I have 3 different cuts of pck/kc. 2 purple one green.My original is a red purple mix in color and my 2nd cut is a pck/kc back cross I made.

It is more purple. Less red /pink in color.

Depending on potassium levels in flower the purple colors can be effected. More potassium makes bud grow more green.
I did an experimental in w gallon pots. Same cuts with different levels of potassium. Higher levels = greener overall finished bud appearance.
Lower levels = darker purple

gr8fulguitr

When I share the PCK x KC with someone the first reaction is it doesn't smell or taste like anything they have had before.
I did it last night. I was showing some of the buds i took out of cure this week and there was a bright green nug of PCKxKC in the corner of my stash box. He went straight for it took it in his hand and under brighter light to see and smell with a 'what is this unusual smell'. I said to him that is Ace seeds right there.
He never tasted anything like it. He volunteered to be my trimmer for my next harvest.
Good stuff right there

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you very much BOSSofthePINE and gr8fulguitr :)

I'm really happy you are still enjoying with the aromas, taste, effect and bag appeal of this old limited edition. PCK x Kali China cross has been probably underrated, i was very satisfied with the wide variety of high quality terpenes, effects, colors and resins that this hybrid had to offer. Unfortunately it's currently out of stock but we will try to reproduce it again in the future when we have the chance :yes:

gr8fulguitr

I got no worries about reproducing this hybrid. I have a handful of seeds. I am looking forward to some other Kali China hybrids, thai chi is first on the list, Zamaldelica x KC is next.
I am getting a new tent and expanding my horizons. I cannot thank you enough for the hybirds for the last three years.
. . . I have a small grow and many environmental challenges. The vigor of the PCK x KC has been an solution to my problems.

Butcher45

Clones of my PCKxKali China #3 cut will be grown full-season this year by a few friends, to see what she can do without being restrained, and for the full season w/o light dep.

Attachments

• 34305363_10155492551667647_3497070627053895680_n.jpg
    34305363_10155492551667647_3497070627053895680_n.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 33

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent Butcher45 :) Please, keep us updated with your progresses.
Have a great season!