What's new

PC Case Growers Club

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Yeah cool bro, it sounds awesome. What you do is take your 138 watts, and divide that by the sq ft'age. So you will have 95.8 watts per square foot, which is fine. Looking forward to those pics :p

Salzalada

My PC:
12550949958766.jpg

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
That looks really close to the light for young plants, are you really going to turn that big light on that close to the little ones?

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
That light looks like it will generate alot of heat. Heat issues are huge in a pc. i installed 7 fans and now I put switches on all of them so I don't have to use all at a given time. this way if the ambients are high( it gets hot here in the summer), I can just turn on fans as needed. It sounds like alot, but I want lots of watts in mine. i really need to get pics on tonight. Hey Scrub! Aerohead, when pics are posted, can you give me your opinion too? It would be much appreciated. I really respect yours and Scrubninja seeing the incredible imagination in your grows.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
For sure man. And thanks for the kind word, I just gotta point out - mine is like, just getting high and thinking "what would happen if I built a ___ out of a ___". Aero probably does that but he has the skills, knowledge, and artistry to back it up. :yes:

:eek:: lame I know, but it has to be said

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Hey ScrubNinja and anyone else.. Finally putting pics up so please give me feedback...I am still waiti for the 3 amp adapter and switches for my rear fans so it will look better real soon..what about the reflector? Is it okay? I used aluminum foil on it so should I make a new one. real easy to make.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
I guess you have to look sideways to really see a couple of the pics.UGH. I'll see if I can rotate them or something

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Hehe yeah I can't really tell much. Seriously though bro, I would think about your own thread. People will pay more attention and you can go into reams of detail. One strong suggestion I'd give is to make up a quick MS Paint diagram, indicating where your fans are, and which direction they blow/intake exhaust etc. But from the pics it looks like you've done a quality job, craftmanship-wise

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Help me out on that thread thing Scrub...I have no idea how to start one...It took me an hour to get these twisted pics up:1help:I'll try to put on better pics too... Whats that ms thing?

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
For sure man. And thanks for the kind word, I just gotta point out - mine is like, just getting high and thinking "what would happen if I built a ___ out of a ___". Aero probably does that but he has the skills, knowledge, and artistry to back it up. :yes:

LoL, yes I do that quite often but lately it's confined to building different hydro systems rather than grow cabs. Trying to find the fastest most super charged growing method on the planet because I'm impatient:joint:

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Me too Aero. If you don't mind, could you give me your opinion too? I'll post better pics tonight. I need help with lots of issues. Do you think the reflector is a good idea? Thanks for the kind words ScrubNinja. yes, getting high does open up your mind to some zany ideas:abduct:. Hope they work though! I love your pc aero grow there Aero. I am trying for at least 7 lights. Cfl for now but I have read as long as you have plenty and the plants can get close, I will be fine. I am able to have lights even going down the side so hope that helps too. I also hope you don't have to stand on your heads to see the new pics:yoinks:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Haha. Ok well MS Paint is the cheap crappy image editor that comes with windows. If you're using windows XP, it's Start > All programs > Accesories > Paint. It's crap but it does the job, just.

For all my image editing, resizing, diagram drawing, etc, I use Gimp. It's sort of like if you picture Photoshop from a few years back, but it's free. It's great if you have a Mac, or Linux pc as well, because it's cross platform and works on all. More complicated than Paint, less complicated than Photoshop.

A reflector is obviously a good idea but from the pic, I'm not sure if it's optimal design. If you go to the growroom equipment section, DITry has a thread about pll reflector shapes, and I think it will explain more than I can, just apply that shape to CFLs, more or less. But hell, any reflector is better than no reflector.

To start a thread you just go to the main forum where you wanna start it (ie the micro forum) and look for the 'new thread' button, and it's just like typing your posts here except you give it a title.

Best of luck!

raphaelwilliams

Hell yeah. Low Rider is the perfect strain for the PC grow box... I was thinking about picking up my own PC grow box from homegrown hydroponics or Sunlight Sheds. What you guys think of those?

ScrubNinja

Veteran
I had never heard of sunlight sheds so I googled them. Second result: "Don't buy sunlight sheds products" on another forum. So maybe look into that.

Lord Doobie

anyone ever try running 4 vertical 55w PLL's, one in each corner of a tower case, all running off a single 220w Fulham workhorse 8 ballast?

[ I think it was agreed to buy another strain other than lowryder and go 12/12 from seed...but maybe the strain has improved since 2 years ago...try a search ]

Ryan

First timer

First timer

just started my first grow :)

125w CFL red spectrum
3 Serious Ak-47 seeds

12/12 from seed:D

just wondering will this cost much on electricty bills, like will it be like £5-10
extra a month?

:)

D.I.trY

Hello everyone. I havent yet put my PC in here. I have had one harvest already from my pc - just under 40g, most of it very good! Several more grams of lower quality bud too...

The PC has 110w of pll lighting with a homemade reflector, is smell-free, fitted with a homemade carbon filter, an DWC tank made from acrylic, and is remarkably quiet (you'll have to take my word for that one!). I've never had anyone look suspiciously at it as far as i know.

Here are some pics of my previous grow and harvest. Pop over to the link on my sig for my current grow. Its also a journey of me rebuilding a pc that really didnt work at first to a point where i am proud of it and of course im over the moon to be self sufficient supply wise. It is the product of several ideas from right here, not simply my own. Thanks icmag and its great members.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OK, here is a pic of what it looked like yesterday:

picture.php