What's new

Paul/Frank co-sponsoring legalization bill

ProfGerbik

again the feds will do whatever they can to make sure this doesnt happen, like they have been shutting down every new side of cannabis laws thats shown up lately. we went from cali having their freedom, to weeks later hearing how the federal government doesnt give a shit and they will prosecute anyone who is mingling with it.

they dont even care about medical users, they only said "go easy on them" dont stop taking their money though..

i can only hope this actually does something but right now things have been only getting worse with how the feds have been responding to all this marijuana related business. they arent stupid they know it could make more money for everyone, they know its a safer drug, they knows its much cheaper also.

but they dont care about any of that they only care about money and making more money off marijuana related "crimes", they also only care about making sure this foundation of so called order stays just the same as it has been for hundreds of years within this country.

we will see though..

budlover123

I doubt many people want to go on record with their personal info that they use/grow marijuana. I sure don't. Sucky catch-22.

well, everybody comes here to bitch and gripe about the legality of marijuana, if you're not willing to stick your neck out, you don't deserve to smoke marijuana.

This is not a petition that is doing anything but voicing opinion, by signing this I could never have smoked marijuana in my life. I think if stoners remain over paranoid and afraid of their rights we will never win this legalization fight.

I think stoners got to stick their necks out a little on this, don't be afraid to voice your opinion, this is not an admission of anything.

bentom187

Veteran
This is not a petition that is doing anything but voicing opinion, by signing this I could never have smoked marijuana in my life. I think if stoners remain over paranoid and afraid of their rights we will never win this legalization fight.

I think stoners got to stick their necks out a little on this, don't be afraid to voice your opinion, this is not an admission of anything.

guys take his advice,and use your imagination when signing your details.

Last edited:

JG's Ghost

"Starting with the basics, keeping drugs illegal is one of the best ways to keep drugs out of the hands -- and brains -- of children. We know three things here: First, children who don't use drugs continually tell us one of the reasons they don't is precisely because they are illegal."

Any teenager that tells you that Mr. Bennett has just told you two lies. 1. They don't use drugs, an 2. They give a shit if they are illegal.

JG

bentom187

Veteran
tonight paul is gonna be on msnbc at 4pm and 7pm et , and you should check out his site,lots of new things,like him taking 3rd in iowa behind romney and bachman ,so if the media does its job ,then they should pick both of them apart leaving paul in first

StevenSteve

Everyone should have an American Dream... unfortunately mine is ILLEGAL, yes folks, thats right, my American dream is to smoke marijuana.... and I am PROUD OF IT

meddy

`lets hope theres an america still here after next week... if the debt ceiling isint increased..crazy...daze ahead...:ying:

turbolaser4528

Veteran
the revolution has begun...

even if ron paul doesnt get elected he is still making more things happen than fucking congress, with their thumbs up their lobbyists asses, RON PAUL RAISING HELL!!!

corpo fuckwads!

I like to curse a lot :)

bentom187

Veteran
yeah,but we only have this ONE TIME to elect him!!! cause hes ending his political career if we dont,and i dont see anyone taking up his positions,including his own son although i havnt herd or researched all of his sons stances.
so for crap sake,talking dosnt do shite ,you have to vote,ive changed parties,ive written congress men/women,ive written all the major news broadcasters, in support of ron paul ,ive volenteered for his campaign,but havnt gotten a response but i still volenteered.
you wont have another chance for somone like this to come again.

T

trem0lo

Ron Paul has an awesome new ad running in Iowa and other early primary states as part of a six-figure ad buy.

WATCH IT HERE

Now compare it to a 2007 ad HERE

What a difference!! For the first time I am truly excited about his chances. He is rising in recent polls and his organization is prepared to win the Iowa Straw Poll in August. If any of you live in the Hawkeye State, get to Ames on August 13th and VOTE!!! (You must be an Iowa resident to vote.) A win will propel him to frontrunner status and give even more attention to his support for cannabis users and continue the national debate about the failed War on Drugs.

He's serious this time around, guys. If you want to see this marijuana bill go forward (and others like it) donate to and support Ron Paul 110%!!! If you want to see convicted non-violent marijuana users pardoned, Ron Paul is our man! If you want to grow your own herb without Big Brother breathing down your neck, figure out how to vote for Ron in your State's primary!

Obama has been a huge letdown. Don't get fooled again. Ron Paul is the ONLY honest candidate who will keep his promises.

ozman

Yea I agree Ron Paul for 2012.But for that too happen people need to get off the couch and away from the grow rooms for a few hours too vote.Also any support that we as a group can give him we should.This stuff doesnt just happen because it is willed into being.
It takes a lot of work MONEY and people actually getting out to vote.
Com'on gang lets make this a reality.

I think if 1. we lose our triple AAA status and 2.We dont get this debt under control then America as we know it is over.If we can hold on till we get Ron Paul elected then we have a chance of turning this country around.
But it is up to WE THE PEOPLE to make the change that is in the country's best interest.

I also agree with Stevensteve my dream is to smoke marijuana with in reason where and when I want to.To bad its against the law here in my state.

Last edited:

bentom187

Veteran
id love to see prhibition over with(for everything),the only person yelling this out is ron paul,i think the next big poll is in iowa,i hope he kicks ass.
just the idea of waking up in the morning and blazing on my -front- porch is awsome.

Evil6

I think Ron Paul getting elected is in the interest of stoners around the world. The rest of the U.N. will most likely follow the U.S. in legalizing marijuana, since it was the U.S. that convinced the rest of the countries in the first place.

So stoners around the world should help out anyway they can in order to support that guy. Start with the propaganda.

bentom187

Veteran
oh yea, forgot to add that it would be amazing if california got behind ron paul,the electorial votes(?) are what counts for nomination and presidency,so id like to know how we can influence this,we must bring states with lots of voting power into this,the popular vote is meaningless,more of a side show,i guess the only way to do this is to write your rep's and tell them they will lose you and your friends votes when its their time if they dont vote for paul.
if there is another way to do this pls, fill the rest of us in.

JG's Ghost

`lets hope theres an america still here after next week... if the debt ceiling isint increased..crazy...daze ahead...:ying:

Wow. The debt ceiling thing on icmag.

Let me make you feel a little better. US monthly revenues are $200 billion. The interest paid on our debt is $20 billion per month. That leaves $180 billion per month to pay for Social Security, Medicare, and everything else.

If they do not raise the debt ceiling, or cut spending we will have a $21 billion shortfall in August.

After paying the interest, SS, and medicare that leaves roughly $112 billion a month.

A 12.6% across the board reduction in spending on the "everything else" would negate the need to raise the debt ceiling.

JG

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
Wow. The debt ceiling thing on icmag.

Let me make you feel a little better. US monthly revenues are $200 billion. The interest paid on our debt is $20 billion per month. That leaves $180 billion per month to pay for Social Security, Medicare, and everything else.

If they do not raise the debt ceiling, or cut spending we will have a $21 billion shortfall in August.

After paying the interest, SS, and medicare that leaves roughly $112 billion a month.

A 12.6% across the board reduction in spending on the "everything else" would negate the need to raise the debt ceiling.

JG

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/politics/jan-june11/debtceiling_05-16.html
"RAY SUAREZ: Next, The United States government hit the end of its credit line today, the legal limit for the amount of money it can borrow.

For now, Treasury officials say they can take other measures to pay the bills, but the ongoing political debate and reaching that milestone raises questions about how the debt ceiling works and what the federal government will do now when it needs cash.

To help us explain all of this, we're joined by Binyamin Appelbaum of The New York Times.........

.BINYAMIN APPELBAUM: So we spend about $120 billion more each month than we take in, in revenues. That's the amount Treasury needs to find somewhere.

The government has a bank account at the Federal Reserve with a little bit more than $100 billion in it. It's going to use that money. There are a number of places that we borrow from that we don't do to pay our bills; we do really as a favor.

We borrow from local governments. We borrow from the pension plan that serves federal workers. And the government is going to stop doing those things, and instead borrow for its general needs. That -- that conserves some room as well.

All of these measures last until early August. That's when the government runs out of money, even under those extraordinary measures.

RAY SUAREZ: Is that an estimate, or is that hard and fast data?

BINYAMIN APPELBAUM: It's an estimate...."

so actually, we are fucked. Nobody happens to mentions this fact when covering it in the news though..
How many times has the ceiling been raised? Since March 1962, the debt ceiling has been raised 74 times, according to the Congressional Research Service. Ten of those times have occurred since 2001.

Expect more of the same over the next decade. Barring major changes to spending and tax policies, "Congress would repeatedly face demands to raise the debt limit," CRS wrote.

so it is worth noting that this should be a pressing financial situation, but we manage to keep printing our way out of debt. Woohoo!!!

this will lead to nothing but partisan bickering until august 2, at which point republican house leaders will announce they have saved the day, and obama will have to say they reached an agreement.

am I the only one sick of political posturing by the people who are supposed to be looking out for us?